MyRepublic

MyRepublic

ADSL and NBN
2.8 from 2,431 reviews

what a joke of a company

Dropped out 6 times on this garbage NBN FTTN been on hold for 30 mins best thing is too opt out of the network as its been the worst company and I've been with a few last few years just pathetic nobody is there to answer the phone 30 mins wait than go through their script and can never listen

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Terrible service, terrible customer service

Worst provider ever, took over a month to get connected, finally for connected, experienceed 2mbps on average, supposed to get over 40mbps. Took over another month to get that fixed, was told my plan was perfect for gaming yet got very high ping, paid for a gaming add-on and still experiencing high ping, contacted over 15 times with no result, call back again and have to start again, it's like they delete your last contact. After 2 months of high ping and still no result but happy to take my money. I said I've had enough of this and was told to "pay is $200 and leave then". Been 3 months nearly and still can't do online gaming. Seeking ombudsman advice this week.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Taleah, it is deeply concerning to hear that despite numerous attempts the issues have not been resolved. We would certainly like to touch base with you in making things right and have sent you a private message. We look forward to your reply.

sorry l signed up to my Republic

since l signed up with My republic in mid December 18 l have had nothing but problems with my dowload speed, l signed the 50mb/s plan and so far l lucky to get 12mb/s and as for weekends and evening l,m down to single figures,( picture freeze and drop outs) as for the "service dept" there stock answer is to reset the modem or the problem must be at my end, no follow up service and no call back when they say they will, Do not sign up with this company

Set-up Time10 days
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Brian, we certainly do not expect our customers to suffer through slow speeds issues. We have sent a personal message to look deeper into the matter. Kindly check your inbox.

No words for My Republic

OMG! I have no words for My Republic. There service is really disgusting. For 4 months I had been living with stress from them. I’m paying $59/month for the pain that I don’t deserve. I followed every step to diagnose the problem and they say it’s not enough. Whatever you do, don’t get My Republic.

Start DateOctober 2018
Connection TypeWireless
Hi Irene, it is sad that you have been experiencing issues for such a great deal of time. We would like to take the opportunity to hear more of the specific nature of your issue to rectify this and sent you a private message. We look forward to your response.

Wont answer phone for 2 weeks kept me on hold for 2hrs

Customer service is non existent no help at all ive tried live chat ringing email everything they will not contact me back or answer there phone very dissapointed in my republic

Start DateAugust 2018
Set-up Time1 days
Contract Type24-month contract
Connection TypeWireless
Hi Glenn, while we understand that our wait time can we quite lengthy during peak times, we have been working behind the scenes to match the high demand calls with an equal amount of support specialists. We would love to take this opportunity to send you a private message. Kindly check your inbox.

terrible customer service

Service was fine up until I wanted to disconnect at the end of my plan I had to call 3 times to get this done and then got sent an invoice got payments taken out in February. From then I couldn’t get through to anyone on the phone, no reply to emails and got nowhere on live chat

Good
Connection TypeWireless
Hi Ema, It is a shame to hear about your difficult experience attempting to disconnect your service. We have recently changed our termination policy and customers can now raise a request via email and live chat. We have sent you a personal message to see if there is any further assistance you may require, kindly check your inbox.

Avoid!!!!

Been signed up with MyRebublic for 3 months now 90% of that time my internet hasn’t worked it switches on and off randomly. The real issue is I’ve been paying for a service that I have not been provided and to no end ringing there customer service is nothing but music for 3 hrs just to have the line drop out on you I have sent emails countless with no reply except one they sent one back saying your problem has been rectified walked outside nope still red light on the modem problem not fixed so another email back with no reply tried power cycling etc we are in a new house I was with iprimus without a wink of drama internet worked day in day out. Just need someone to answer there phone they answer straight away when you are interested in a connection actually 12hrs a customer rep was in contact with me. Oh and don’t pay ya bill bet they are quick about getting hold of you then.

OK
Start DateOctober 2018
Set-up Time20 days
Contract Type6-month contract
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Luke, we regret to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with your service and we would like to take this as an opportunity in order to rectify them immediately. Please check your inbox as we have sent you a personal message.

Abysmal connection time - blame shifting and utterly uninterested in getting our internet connected quickly

MyRepublic have shifted our connection date out by at least 15 extra days to have “a technician come by to switch a wire” in a local internet delivery box.

Our household has run out of existing providers internet, and each member of the house has spent in excess of $50 of extra data on our various mobile hotspotting for basic internet service. MyRepublic simply don’t care or budge.

Any other provider might pay to have the service connection sped up in lieu of the $100s we’ve colllectively spent waiting for MyRepublic to connect us, but nothing. They simply “can’t help, it’s out of their control.” If it’s not in their control, how are they a provider? Very strange. Wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

Terrible
Bad
Set-up Time30 days
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Josh, we are worried about the poor customer service you have received as we only hire representatives that go above and beyond for our customers. We would like to investigate this matter further and follow up with any concerns you may currently have. Kindly check your inbox as we have sent you a message.

Don't waste your time.

MyRepublic will promise you high speeds just to get your money. They will get you the modem fast and connect you quickly but thats where it ends. Do not waste your time or money with this rubbish mob.
You won't even be able to watch Netflix if 1 other person is using the net.
I have fibre to the node nbn and was put on the nbn100 plan. MyRepublic delivered me an average speed of 34 over 1 month.
I was originally with dodo, they were ok but had a lot of dropouts but still got an average of 42 but everyone could use the net and watch Netflix.
I am now with TPG and very happy. Speeds are averaging around 48.
MyRepublic customer support is the worst. Don't hold your breath waiting for a call back or a reply via email. I am still waiting for a reply 1 week later to confirm cancellation.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Set-up Time5 days
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Zdihan, we regret to hear about your poor experience with us. We aim to always provide a first contact resolution for all customers when an issue presents itself. We regret to hear that you have since left us however, have sent you a personal message to touch base and see if there is anything we can do. Kindly check your inbox.

Purely based on customer service

Slow customer service, waiting time is minimum 30 mins every time when we call. Staff are not confident on what they are doing and unreasonable explanation. No follow ups and response on the matter we raised in past. Not impressed as a new client.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Sabina, your review has really disappointing to read as our support staff are highly trained and competent in providing the correct information. We would really like to investigate this matter further and have sent you a personal message, kindly check your inbox.

SLOW! non-responsive

Slow internet speeds, non-responsive to requests for assistance. Basically unusable. Continuously drops out. I would stick with the bigger providers. Supposed to get 100mbps instead am getting 1-3mbps. This is even in the middle of the day when everyone in the neighbourhood is at work.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Ja, we don't expect our customers to suffer through a poor connection and slow speeds. Our experienced support team would like to resolve this matter immediately and have sent you a personal message, we look forward to your response.

Don't sign up with this company

Slow download speed single figures at weekend and evening, several calls to "customer service" on helpline stock answer reset your modem, stop/start TV dropouts and cannot login, Don't sign up with company.

Set-up Time15 days
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Brian, It's a shame to read about your poor experience with us so far. We would love to touch base with you and see if there is anything we can do in order to improve your service. Please check your inbox as we have sent you a personal message.

Awful.

Continuous dropouts. Internet unavailable for days. It takes up to an hour waiting in queues to talk to support who follow the same script every time, wasting even more of my time before finally checking their records.

Start DateApril 2017
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Unhappy, this is truly not the experience we want for our customers at all and concerning to hear of misinformation provided. We can certainly look into the situation and offer further assistance. We have sent you a private message to touch base with you regarding your connection. We look forward to your reply.

this is a joke of a network

using a 3rd party router that ive used for many other companies and now being told i cant use it because its a 3rd party router what is a stupid thing too say as ive been with this company for a few months and this is the first time there has been dropouts slow speeds and being blamed on the 3rd party router what is a joke thats a false thing too say and being on hold for 30+ minutes my opinion dont bother with this company

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Milk, we have recently introduced the option for all of our NBN customers with the choice to use their own modem as long as it is compatible with the NBN network. The downside to this, is that we do not have as much access to a third party as our own brand hardware. Should a customer select to use their own modem, they are required to research and troubleshoot their own hardware accordingly. We have sent you a personal message in order to follow this matter up and offer further assistance, kindly check your inbox. Thanks!

Good speed but zero customer service

I recently switched to NBN from my old ADSL but when I checked, they are double charging me as they left my old connection active. Contacted them via live chat as no one ever answered the phone. They just said that they forgot to deactivate the old account which is totally irresponsible. No apologies or whatsoever. They just opened a ticket for the issue.

Two weeks have passed, my ticket is still open and my billing keeps on running on two accounts!
Contacted them 5 times now and haven't received any acknowledgement at all on any of those reports.

Start DateAugust 2018
Adequate Speeds Yes
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Marc, we are concerned of the troubles you have encountered with cancellation. We will certainly take measures to investigate this and rectify the matter with you. We appreciate you raising the issue with us and have sent a private message to look into it further. We look forward to your response.

Very Disappointing - Very poor customer service

- Every time i called them for technical support there is a 50-80 minutes call wait.
- They have a brilliant chat system- which is a joke in my case As i start to go to work at 7am and come home 8pm ... My republic chat hours are between 8am to 7.30pm
- Now come to the problem, they claim their internet is for Gamers which is false advertising they should advertise by saying "PC gamers" for console gamers there is no such thing as that
- I have attached the following speed tests on my 100/40mbps plan.. as you can clearly see they only boost the sydney traffic. everything else is a joke.
- I live in melbourne and i paid for 100/40.. sadly for melbourne traffic i am only getting 50mbps

Good
Set-up Time14 days
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Sammy, we have been working tirelessly in order to reduce our call queues and the spike generally only occurs during outages and planned maintenance. Our gamer plan offers plenty of benefits to those with console or PC such as Static Ip (public), Super low latency, Custom server routing, Network Optimization and Prioritize gaming traffic. In regards to the speed tests that you have attached, I can see that they all differ from server to server. We request that customer connect to the Telstra server in Sydney which will provide you with the most accurate speeds at your location. We have recently introduced new plan options to our customers who have recently finished their contract and advised via an email to select their new plan. If we did not receive a reply then you may have automatically been placed on the essentials 50mbps plan. We have sent you a personal message to follow this matter up further, kindly check your inbox.

Terrible service better switch to Telstra

I have been with my republic for just over year now. My last direct debit wasn’t successful and my service got disconnected
When I call customer care they said they can’t over ride the system I’m sure there is a way. Come on

OK
Start DateJanuary 2018
Set-up Time15 days
Adequate Speeds Yes
Contract Type24-month contract
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Vijay, we are sorry to hear of the recent billing issues you have experienced. We certainly do not wish for our valued customers to be left feeling as though we can't be contacted as we provide ample time to inform us of any issues such as a missed payment before disconnection occurs. We have sent you a private message to review your situation more deeply. Kindly check your inbox.

Abysmal customer service - now not responding to cancel service requests => continual invoicing

We signed up over a year ago on a 12month plan. Once the plan expired the quality of the service deteriorated dramatically - multiple+++ drop outs per day, cant zoom, couldnt run Netflix etc, evening speeds got even worse. We have fibre directly to our door! We made several attempts to rectify via Chat / 1300 and email . All operators insisted on following a strict process even though we'd called twice before that day. In the end it was easier to change providers - we advised of discontinuing service. Received an invoice again - made written complaint to customer service -never received a reply. Now I cant cancel the service without calling them AGAIN!!!

Start DateSeptember 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
I am currently sitting both on MR chat and 1300 trying to get to an operator. A complete and utter waste of my time - and Im being charged for it!After finally getting to speak to a person and transferred to accounts dept to negotiate a refund (Dec & Jan) & stoppage of payment for Feb - I was cut off! Have submitted a formal complaint to Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman. MR are really really bad!Hi Chrissy, It is a shame to read about the issues you are experiencing with your service. We always aim to make sure that our customers service issues are addressed and resolved within a timely matter. Our dedicated support team would like to investigate this matter further for you, kindly check your inbox as we have sent you a personal message

I Thought I'd Give Them a Second Chance.... TERRIBLE MISTAKE!

I thought it would teach us a lesson already with our ADSL2+ debacle but thought we'd give them an opportunity to redeem themselves. STAY AWAY if you can!

My partner signed up for an NBN contract on 08 Jan after MyRepublic confirmed that NBN FTTN is available and was advised that it would take up to 20 Business Days to have the connection activated. Tomorrow will be the 20th day and still no sign of light. We contacted on 29 Jan to follow-up. Was told to give them 24hrs to get updates. 24Hrs later, was advise to allow more time to complete. Contacted today (4 Apr) but was advised to check with them again tomorrow. I would have thought that being with MyRepublic with ADSL2+ (crappy) will make it easier to convert to NBN since we have been advised by NBN Co that FTTN is now available for our address. I just don't understand why a company would reconfirm that a connection is available only to be told that they are still waiting for NBN. Plus, I have ordered my router and they haven't even done anything to it yet! JUST BE TRUTHFUL TO YOUR CUSTOMERS AND YOU'LL LIVE LONGER!

Tomorrow is the 20th Business Day, if we don't have our connection... WE MIGHT AS WELL CANCEL AND GET OUR MONEY BACK!

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Update: HEARD NO UPDATES FROM MYREPUBLIC. CANCELED APPLICATION. Still haven't heard with REFUND!Hi GilRonAdl, we are concerned to hear about the delay regarding your upgrade to NBN, this is certainly not a great start for you in the new year. Unfortunately as NBN are our wholesaler, there can be delays that are out of our control and contribute to the extension of the 5-20 business day time frame. We would like the opportunity to investigate this further and have sent you a personal message. Kindly check your inbox.

Bad service!!!

We don’t have internet for 5 days now and MyRepublic is doing nothing to fix it. We had to wait for an hour on the phone last Friday before someone spoke to us but they weren’t able to fix it. It’s Monday now and it is still not fixed. They won’t let us speak to a supervisor, just asked us to wait, but for what? Didn’t say if they will call us back or will they fix it... nothing!! Worse, we’re still paying for it!!

Start DateAugust 2017
Set-up Time7 days
Connection TypeWireless
Hi Joe, its sad to hear the avenues you have taken to get your Internet connection running again have not proven satisfactory. Upon investigation, we certainly aim to provide credits for any connection experiencing downtime. We'd like to use this opportunity to work towards resolving the matter and have sent you a private message. We look forward to your reply.

you people have done an update in Craigieburn nearly two weeks ago since then I can't load the games I play much less can anyone else in the house, called a week ago spoke to someone called Benjamin that was going to help me with my issue, done all the tests you asked he told me he would call me two days later no call, live chat and called again today to be told that Mr unreliable Benjamin was talking to the techs today would call me by 5pm guess what still waiting then on top of that you dare send me a bill for what service ? your techs haven't got a clue and all your staff are lazy I will be going to a reliable company that's not full of it
if u havent received the service u dont have too pay and u can opt out of the internet without paying the exit fee i just swapped over too infinity and at this stage its worth going too them for FTTN 100/40 plan for 80 odd bucks they have a much better serviceHi Brooke S, we regret to hear about the slow speeds issues you are currently experiencing with your service. We would highly suggest that you contact us on 1300 130 888 or via our websites live chat which operates Mon-Fri between 8am-19:30pm AEST and one of our experienced technical support specialists will assist you with this issue.Nah I’ve wasted to much of my time and money on your company already and as I have said I’ve already contacted your live chat and phoned you for support but no help givin your staff can’t even phone your customers back so I will find another provider that actually takes care of their customers and will be letting. People I know needing internet to avoid you like the plague

So when are you going to fix our internet??? We have no internet since Thursday evening last week!! It’s been 6 days now!! We called and waited for an hour before someone spoke to us. And then we waited yesterday for someone to show up because you said you will ,but no show!! Wasted our time!! then we asked to speak to a supervisor and told us we can’t. So are you going to fix it or not because yes, even without internet, we are still paying for your lousy service!!!
Hi Joe, we want to assist you with this matter as we do not allow our customers do feel unsupported. Please hop onto our websites live chat which operates Mon-Fri between 8am-19:30pm AEDT for assistance.That’s funny. We got into the live chat last Friday before 7:30pm but the chat is already closed/not available. So that’s why we called the support line which made us wait for an hour before someone talked to us. Then we did the same thing yesterday, went to live chat because no one showed up at our house to fix the problem like they said they would. And then we were just asked to turn the modem on and off, and since it’s still not working, we were told to just wait again til someone else fixes it. We asked several times during live chat — (1) why did we have to repeat the test that we did last Friday; (2) why weren’t we contacted and told NBN co. found no fault at the exchange; (3) why did we have to go on live chat to get an update. Shouldn’t you be calling us to provide an update??; (4) the chat person refused to pass us on to someone senior that would call us claiming their system doesn’t support it. We received an email that evening saying we have to wait 2 business days for an update. We received a call today at 4:31pm telling us we should now have internet. And we’re informed in that call the fault was a provisioning error (software configuration), so the whole problem was caused by someone not doing their job properly. So we didn’t have internet since Thursday evening because you didn’t do your job properly. And this could’ve been resolved that Friday when we called if your technicians just know what to do. Obviously they don’t!! So do fix your customer care/service because it’s causing a lot of problems to your customers!!!Hi Joe, we're sorry to hear that. We would like to further investigate this and have sent you a private message. Kindly check your inbox as we look forward to your response.

Hey everyone, Can anyone tell me if they have the NBN gamer pro and is enjoying it or can tell a difference in online gaming? Im a big fan of call of duty etc. Please advise
Hi Shockwave, thanks for your interest in our Gamer Pro plan. We advise all serious gamers looking to enhance their online experience to purchase this plan as it boasts the following: *Static Ip (public) *Super low latency *Custom server routing *Network Optimization *Prioritize gaming traffic. If you have any further questions or require assistance signing up then please visit our websites live chat which operates Mon-Fri between 8am-19:30pm AEDT and one of our friendly representatives will assist you.

NBN 50 (Essential, Gamer Pro Essential)NBN 100 (Premium, Gamer Pro Premium)ADSL