My Side Series 8

My Side Series 8 Questions & Answers

Snooze Edition, Queen, King, etc...
Listing monitored by My Side

11 questions from our users

Vmac
Vmacasked
Queen

Considering the reviews for the my side series 8 mattress are they really as bad as what they are saying . These reviews are just over the last 2 years. Have my reserves to purchase the mattress now.

Pixie
Pixie

Its up to you. I wouldn't buy a soft one as they develop a dip which is not good if you have a sore back. But I was very happy that Myside replaced mine free after inspecting the dip. Frankly its worth reading a Choice article. You don't need to spend thousands of $ to get a good mattress.

Innercity_Sophia
Innercity_Sophiaasked
Series 8

Hi there, we have recently purchased a MySide red/blue. I have never had any lower back pain but after sleeping on the mattress for just one night I am experiencing lower back pain, some days to the point of complete agony. I spoke with Snooze who advised it was normal but I don't think this is the case. Should I be experiencing back pain? Is this normal and will it pass or should I go and see Snooze again. I'm quite concerned as it's affecting my everyday life.

Denise Harper
Denise Harperasked
Series 8

We purchased the series 8 and have been sleeping in it since July. I am heavier than my husband yet his side has sunk considerably to the point where there is a hump in the middle of the Mattress. Is this normal? He feels uncomfortable yet my side is fine. thanks.

Customer ServiceMy Side

Please contact the store you purchased the mattress from if you feel there is a manufacturing fault with the product and we can investigate your concerns further.

Linda Lehmann
Linda Lehmannasked
Series 8

I am having the same problem. Purchased a series 10 in September went red/red as they said it would soften, however I'm in agony each morning as my side is still too hard, feels like a slab of concrete. To have it changed to a softer side in a queen, what is the cost.?

Customer ServiceMy Side

Please contact Kingsdown at info.aus@kingsdown.com and we can discuss the options for changing your mattress support. Prices depend on location due to transport.

unami22
unami22asked
Series 8

Hello, Could you please tell me if the My Side Series 2 Red/Red comes with a pillow top? Thanks.

Pete
Pete

Hi,

Yes, it does come with a pillow top, although we've had a lot of issues since we bought the mattress.

Hope this helps.

Sunni67
Sunni67asked
Series 8

Can someone please tell me the fabric and colour used on the base of a series 8 red/red king size? It's a dark grey colour but would love to know so I can get a similar bed head made. Thanks

Customer ServiceMy Side

The Series 8 base uses a python black (colour) linen style fabric. The supplier is Warwick Fabrics, they may be able to assist you with a sample.

Kmcconnor
Kmcconnorasked
Series 8

We purchased a my side series 8 and it was delivered a week ago. We were warned that it wouldn't be as soft as the store for the first little while, but we didn't expect it to be this bad! We paid the extra money to support my hip and pelvic pain problems, and I am now limping for the first few hours of the day after sleeping in the bed and my husband has been getting out to sleep in the spare room in the middle of the night because he feels like he's sleeping on the floor. We're both waking with stiff upper backs and we're really regretting our purchase so far which is really disappointing. It's worse than the mattress we replaced! At least one of us was sleeping well! Is there anything we can do about this or is is just $7000 worth of bad luck!? We were mapped as green and red but the red/red was recommended to suit us both. It is king size and we expected to be much more satisfied than this! :(

Customer ServiceMy Side

It can take at least 6-8 weeks for your mattress to soften and for you to adjust to your new sleep surface. Using the correct linen is also important, for a series 8 mattress we recommend a minimum 50 cm depth fitted sheet, that is not tight as tight linen will cause a drum affect making the mattress feel firmer. We recommend you use your mattress through the transition period to allow time for the foams to soften and conform to your body. If after the transition period you're not happy we are able to change the support, however there is cost associated.

Lisaelizabethrussell
Lisaelizabethrussellasked
Series 8

Like others that have complained, both my husband and myself get overheated sleeping in this bed.
I have to wonder of the health problems that this will cause. It is not ideal for the body to be so overheated.
This is a design problem that the Company is running away from.
What can be done to rectify this problem?

Customer ServiceMy Side

A Series 8 mattress has a very plush sleep surface, allowing you to sleep further into the comfort layers, this is why you may be feeling warmer. Please ensure you are using loose linen to allow adequate air flow.

Bbr123
Bbr123asked
Series 8

We think our sides are mislabeled. Is there any way of being able to confirm this? The side labeled red is sagged/lowered more than the side labeled green.

Customer ServiceMy Side

Being single sleep zones, each side will wear differently depending on the person using it. In order to investigate your concerns further please contact the store of purchase or Kingsdown via email at info.aus@kingsdown.com

Ms Opinion

I would contact the manufacturer directly or contact them through where you bought it as they would probably send someone out to look at it.... Cheers

Dan
Danasked
Series 8

Have bought a green/blue Series 6. Very comfortable and best nights sleep my wife and I have ever had. Only problem is that the mattress seems to get very hot to the point I go and sleep on the cool sofa on occasions. Its like there is an electric blanket turned on (one os not fitted to the bed). Why is this and is there anything that can be done about it?

Customer ServiceMy Side

Hi Dan, thank you for your feedback and question. The series 8 mattress has a very plush pillow top, which means you sleep further into the comfort layers. Ensure you are using cotton linen that is not too tight, this will allow the cool wave component of the mattress to work effectively allowing the warm air in the mattress to escape helping to keep it cooler. It will take time to adjust to your new mattress.

Ms Opinion

Hi there we have the same problem especially hot in summer, best to speak with the manufacturer for advise. I think they have actually replied to your question. Cheers

Angel
Angelasked
Series 8

Does the my side series 8 have a cooling system for people who get hot whilst sleeping. E.g does hot air vent out of bed sides?
Can couples kuddle in the middle of the bed?
Does the matress sage in after a few months/years. Leave A big dint?
Do you get back, shoulder, neck - hip pain?
Thank you.

Customer ServiceMy Side

Thank you for your questions. The Series 8 mattress has a cool wave system, which is a combination of special fabric and a distinctively designed wave foam with hundreds of airflow holes. The fabric and foam work together to help allow cool air to enter and warm to escape, helping to keep you cooler and more comfortable. Please note that with the series 8 mattress you will sleep further into the comfort layers than on top. Yes, you can certainly cuddle in the middle of the mattress. Over time you may feel a slight difference in the centre of the mattress, as this is generally the area of the mattress least used, which means the foams in the centre of the mattress do not compress as far as those on the sides. With regard to sagging, we do expect that you will form a body signature on the sleep surface as this is where the foams have softened to your body and sleep pattern. This may be more noticeable with a series 8 as there are more comfort layers to compress. We suggested you allow 6-8 weeks to adjust to your new sleep surface and for the sleep surface to conform to your body.

Ms Opinion

Hi sorry for late reply... We have had our series 8 red for over a year now and so far so good after the issues we originally had with the green. It does contour to your body eventually. I don't have neck or back pain like I used too with my old mattress which was 15 years old.. We had a few aches and pain to start but I think it was our body getting used it the mattress. The mattress does get hot in summer but we can live with that.... Cheers

Get an answer from our members and My Side representatives