1.6

14% · 79450 · 83%

Bill R.
Bill R.Sydney, NSW12 posts

Shocking customer service

Shocker when it comes to customer support. They made it difficult to cancel a VoIP Service I've had for 8 years but rarely use now. Seems to be a lack of comprehension of English involved.
fanman
fanmanSydney, NSW2 posts
YMMS
YMMSGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts
  Home Phone

Unable to receive incoming calls, support staff suck

Mynetfone ticket #1360142
Stopped being able to receive incoming calls, contacted support
Staff replicated by logging in to my sip account and could replicate incoming calls to my DID not reach them when logged in as me.
Have received a fob off from the support staff saying it must be due to settings on my end, however this makes no sense as they replicated by logging in to my mynetfone account and had the exact same issue as I experience.
I still can not receive calls and will be taking my business elsewhere if I do not start receiving some better customer care.
Trevor T.
Trevor T.2 posts

No Customer service

I have a VOIP service. The CLI overstamping stopped working several months ago. Tried calling tech support on numerous occasions but can never get through.
Re-loaded, turned on and off etc but to no avail.
My outgoing voice level is also very low. People people complain they cannot hear me.
Paul - Ballarat
Paul - Ballarat

Avoid at all costs

Completely useless business phone system. Instructions don't make sense. The phones are useless at best and there's absolutely no (repeat - No) after sales services. Don't go there!!!! Following numerous complaints from staff and external people we could only choose to dump the my netfone system after less than a couple of weeks.
Jay
Jay

Erratic + poor support

Little or no internet connectivity this week. Over hour wait times when calling support. When finally connected to support service was told account now with provider called 'Southern Phone.' Can't get through to Southern Phone support (no answer on phone) .
Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Good Voice Quality - Extremely Bad Support - Misleading/Hidden Costs

I signed up for the Global Hero package - cost was $29.95 not $19.95 as advertised.
Support was terrible. No reply for 3 days. Case still open. Cancelled as I had enough
RobinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC47 posts
Gatesnfences
GatesnfencesSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts
  NBN 100

Lack of giving a Sh!+ for customers

connection is stable but speeds are thoroughly crap. Service is well below par and waiting on hold for days seems to be an acceptable course of action for them. Maybe bring the jobs back to Australia and get our of the Philippines cause that is no good. Show details
Shaun C.
Shaun C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  NBN 25

Absolute rubbish

If you want the worst provider and customer service then go with MyNetPhone. Paying $79 a month for NBN that's worse than a dial up.

All they will do go resolve their poor service is tell you to reset your modem. Then send emails asking for speed tests to be done.

We are constantly hotspotting from our phones, as MyNetPhone can't provide an internet service good enough for basic internet browsing.

If you like to waste money. Give them a go.

I'd recommend dodo. Fantastic internet and customer service. Show details

Brock
BrockCairns11 posts

Your data is not secure

Sometime during March/April 2019 MyNetFone gave or sold my private data (including passwords and DOB) to Southern Phone as they moved away from being an internet provider.
This is now in the hands of the Ombudsman and Consumer Affairs. Be warned your data is not secure with this organisation. You will also find that service levels/speeds etc do not match their claims.

Be smart- find an alternative supplier.

Starsky
Starsky2 posts
  Verified NBN 12

NBN internet with VOIP

Was connected with NBN since 2017, internet is always available and streaming of videos and live tv all good.
Been connected with the VOIP service since seven years. Has very useful access features, voicemail features, call forwarding options, voice call lists Show details ·  1
Glen
GlenWide Bay-Burnett, QLD7 posts

MyNetFone doesn't give refunds

I have had a VoIP with MyNetFone for 13 years and had good service until I tried to cancel the service and get a refund. 6 weeks of back and forward bank details etc. Every reason NOT to make the refund....terms and conditions ...mind you T&C does Not override Consumer Law in most cases you are still entitled to your money.

Finally after 6 weeks I received my money but only after I involved the Ombudsman's Office.

hughes2
hughes2Mid North Coast, NSW11 posts
  Home Phone

Great voip and pricing but

I have been with Mynetfone for Voip for many years and that product and costing was great but when I decided to transfer my voip to my present internet provider they refused to refund me the $20 I had in credit and yes that is in the terms and conditions.
BUT it is not an action to win friends and influence people to join up with them. They are fine unless you have a problem and then it's anyone's guess as to how it goes.
John
JohnTawonga
  MyNetFone

No refunds for cancelled services

Quite happy to wait 30 days for cancellation to take affect, but no refund of outstanding credits is bad business practice when no service is provided. Portal does not allow you to cancel auto pay. Best to cancel through your bank. Understand why there is no facility to review on Facebook.

Pat
PatWide Bay-Burnett, QLD6 posts

Absolutely terrible

Would not even give the service a 1 star rating, if it were at all possible. I am always having trouble with it, especially at the beginning of a new billing period, for some unknown reason. As this is our only way of contacting people, other than by internet, because we don't always have mobile service as well, this is very frustrating as well as worrying. As well, I have sent an email off to them this morning, at least a couple of hours ago, and they haven't even bothered to reply. Can't see myself sticking with them for too much longer.

lkm
lkm

Frustrating and Infuriating Waste of Time and Money

Internet drops out all the time, slow speeds, hours on the phone to call centers in The Philippines, who run the same useless line tests and do 24 hour monitoring but offer no solutions and take no responsibility. For a technician to come out, you have to agree to their "Term and Conditions" which state that you'll most probably being paying more money. They never seem to have a supervisor or manager on duty and nobody calls you back as promised. After over a month of trying to get the internet working, I'm now being told I have to give 30 days notice to cancel my account and change to a new provider that might actually work. Really frustrating for someone who works from home.

Lisa
Lisa

Awful residential NBN service

Just changed to My Netphone NBN residential from another supplier. My Netphone has been terrible. Speeds are extremely slow and not delivered on as per the contract. Their service team has been very difficult to deal with. I think these companies need to complete a course in customer service. Saying sorry repeatedly IS NOT effective customer service. I warn anybody who is considering my netphone to stay away and I wish that I had of done my research and read these comments prior to signing up.

John P
John P3 posts

3 years and still having issues

Slow, unreliable and staff never willing to help with issues. Stay away. They will never accept responsibiliy for their issues.

Phil
Phil5 posts

Terrible

Company that has no idea when it comes to service. We had a problem with slow internet due to infrastructure but they weren't able to solve.

Miles
MilesPerth, WA10 posts
  Verified MyNetFone

Quick to take your money and not fix the issue

Had NBN installed over a month and unable to use. Connecting at 17Mbps on a 50/20 plan. Internet constantly dropping out every 5-10 minutes. Numerous phone calls made and they keep telling me there is nothing wrong with my line. Private cabler confirms there is an issue with the line.

Syed
SyedSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts
  MyNetFone

Ordered a new ADSL, was promised the sky and got delivered NOTHING

Apparently after 2 visits from their incompetent so called technicians, MNF failed to connect me with the ADSL they promised. The matter went to TIO and they refunded the money and finalised the account which otherwise would've been pursued with harassment to pay for the service contract which never was connected ever. The dumb service still sends $0 invoices despite the matter being closed and finalised a couple of months before. Talk about OCD billing service. Pathetic!

Sam
Sam

Terrible Customer Service

Not happy with the customer service.

I account portal designed poorly - while placing an order through support link under my account you would receive a message saying they have received your request however you can't place an order for new sims from that location.

Reps advised me they have sent the sim cards through speed post and have not received the after a week - unprofessional attitude and poor customer service - highly recommended to go with other providers - mynetfone is waste of time!!

Jono
Jono
  MyNetFone

terrible line quality and zero customer service/support

its not my internet as I have NBN plus my mobile runs great on wifi calling as no mobile service in my house but landline drops out all day, they can hear me but I can not hear them, this is easily 8 seconds every minute of every call.

Meg
MegMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Such poor service

Could be more unhappy.. speed slowed right down, could not get through day after day with no one returning calls. Just changed to tpg and we are stoked. Less money, better service. So disappointed in my net phone. Would never recommend to anyone. Sorry to say.

Amon
Amon
  MyNetFone

You get what you pay for

I have recently stopped my contract with Mynetfone. I had it for 4 years and in that time my experience was reasonable. I have had good assistance from tech support, although it is all outsourced overseas which sometimes hinders communication. The internet was a bit inconsistent with a definite curving of speeds around peak times. On some occasions, watching online content has been difficult. Overall, it is a cheaper service and you get what you pay for. I’m upgrading as I can afford a better internet provider.

David7321
David7321Devonport17 posts
  MyNetFone

I tried porting my phone number over was told it was done had out going calls no incoming .so reactivated my old phone company and had full phone service . tried to get mnf to fix problem was virtually told what problem ,had been ported over but would look into it nothing was ever done ,this used to be a good company good service now it's the pits ,sounds like there service staff work from home not a proper call center ,from back ground noises.so I cut my losses and moved on thy may be ok if you don't want to port numbers and just want a new service and new number .but for me it did not work out

My ticket number if any one thinks it's not true

[MyNetFone Ticketing #1293732] AutoReply: TAS| VoIP| Inquiry

Jake
Jake2 posts
A K
A KSydney6 posts
Gary
GarySouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Just pick anyone else, ANYONE

VOIP related. Find another provider. 300 odd reviews in the terrible range, and very few positives. Speaks for itself. My experience has not been better, they have done all the can to steal $20 from a deaf woman. A fiend who I signed upto MyNetFone, and now regret that very much.

Help desk is obstructive, and being offshore doesnt help. They just dont listen in the first place. They can not help if they only pick bits of a conversation, and then use canned responses to those cherry picked words. Not sure if their English is lacking, or their care factor. Either way, it was an awful experience.

Find anyone else.

Nick
NickMid North Coast, NSW6 posts
lambo100
lambo100Melbourne2 posts
charlieb
charliebGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Was ok - what happened!

I have been with mynetphone for several years, while they have never been super fast they have been fine for my needs. Recently internet speed has has dropped from 8mbs to under 1mbs - the worst!

My mobile is 30mbs

Looking forward to NBN and a new supplier in the next month - yup mynetfone are that bad - I'm looking forward to NBN!

Raghav
Raghav

Terrible Speed - harassing customer service

I have never experienced such a rip off like my net fone! The speed is terrible and after 3 hours on the phone with technician I ended up losing my internet completely! Now on top am advised that to fix up this issue they created I'll be liable for call out charges $200 - $300. Over 3 months so minimum service and no call back from anyone to either fix or offer a compensation no matter how many times I call.

Planning on filing a VCAT complaint against them.

Shorewalker

NevSydney, NSW6 posts
B93
B93Brisbane

Slow speeds. Terrible customer service

Speeds have dropped down to as low as 0.3 mbps. Tried calling customer service, on hold for over 90 minutes for the past 3 days. Mynetfone hasnt replied to messages and emails which were left 3 days ago or called back like requested.

YC86
YC86Melbourne

Awful speeds. Awful service

Speeds have never been great, and have particularly been liable to congestion during peak hours in the last few months. During the same time MNF has been calling me trying to flog their NBN plans - I'd rather they concentrate on making their existing ADSL2 plans fit for purpose, rather than spending their resources trying to upsell existing customers. Last 3 days the ADSL2 speeds have been consistently 1.1 - 1.3mbps at all hours of the day - completely unusable for what is meant to be broadband. I contacted their support - no response. They have a representative on the tech forum Whirlpool who goes around making threads spruiking special offers but not responding to dozens of complaints of slow speed. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

Oisin
OisinMelbourne
  MyNetFone

slow speeds, getting over it

I'm in Kensington, Melbourne Victoria and have been with MPN for 3 years or so. Speeds have always been underwhelming but last few days are ridiculous. Download speed of 1.16mps and upload 0.3mps. Called the filipino call centre (who are quite nice) but they blame that the exchange is not working and i should check again tomorrow. Meanwhile offered no credit or goodwill on my account, paying for internet I can't use. If it's not sorted by tomorrow I'll change to internode or someone else (i'm open to recommendations).Account number is 1100000804729 if anyone frmo my phone net reads this, please sort it out.

Extra Information