NAB (National Australia Bank) Branches

NAB (National Australia Bank) Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Who's the robber hey whatever happened to cashing cheques money hungry pigs

Banks are the robbers I been robbed by nab my cheque needs to go through asap no excuse get to work robbers and they never give me a loan it's robbery am I too poor for U nabbers

LOUSY PATHETIC SERVICE

I’ve been with NAB close to 40yrs and only because I’ve been to complacent to change to another bank with equally bad service. Well not any more! Went to 2 different branches at round 3:30 pm to open a business account and was asked did I make an appointment? Then told too busy; 1 customer in entire branch in both instances.( chadstone and ashburton) . As a former employee I would never ever have treated a customer so poorly and arrogantly. Lift your game NAB going to HSBC. My how times have changed -5/5.

Review TypeNew Account

Westpac helped me when NAB was adamant there was nothing they could do for me

I had been with Westpac for a couple years when I first got interested in banking with NAB instead. Got a personal loan with NAB as they were having a special introductory rate. But when we got through the application process, right at the end they told us it would be quite a lot higher of a rate. We needed it for a interstate move, and they said we could try again in 6 months once we had a banking history with them to reduce the rate. Fair enough, I thought...

9 months later, I'd been unexpectedly out of work for around 2 months but landed a new job which was more stable, better pay, all around a good gig. Once I'd been at the new job for a few paychecks I talked to NAB about the loan which, in retrospect, was actually such a bad interest rate I shouldn't have accepted in the first place. Nonetheless, all I got from NAB was (to paraphrase) "suck it up, try again later".

This was a bit of a blow because while my new job was great, that two months out of work had led us to fall behind on things like our kids school payments. With my new job we would be able to make it up but it was going to be a slog. I had also thought NAB was better at understanding and working with people's position - in retrospect, this was obviously false.

Talked to Westpac. Got a consolidating personal loan through them easily (done and dusted within 4 business days, from start of application to dispersing funds), to cover my NAB loan, plus a fair bit on top to cover school fees for the foreseeable future, and at slightly below the advertised rate as apparently I'm part of their trial for rewarding customers who have been with them for a bit. So with *more* on the loan, I'm paying *less* per fortnight because the interest rate is so much better than the NAB one, *and* I'm having money put aside each fortnight for future emergencies because I've now paid our school fees upfront and no longer need that coming out from my fortnightly pay (so what was going to school fees per fortnight is now going towards building our emergency fund). This is all possible only because I jumped ship from NAB, who was still adamant there was nothing, at all, that they could do to help.

Shortly after all this, I closed all my other NAB accounts - an easy decision at this point. Westpac made the whole process so easy, helped me out of our harder spot, seemed understanding of why I was asking for it... The whole process made me feel taken care of when, only a few paychecks into my new job, I half expected to be told I'd have to wait longer by Westpac too. NAB, meanwhile, at no point in my process of closing all my accounts with them *ever even asked me why I was leaving*. I just can't shake the feeling now that they Just Don't Care about their customers.

As far as a bank go's I'm happy

I find my NAB banking experience overall good. Besides a lack of physical branches in some areas, I have no complaints. Low fees, friendly service and generally provide all the products I would need. Far better than the BCU who I banked with for 27 years before finally realising there were much better options for me available.

Terrible communication to customers

Went to the Palmerston branch in a hurry on Wednesday to cancel a card that had just been lost only to find it was closed down . No notice to say if it had been moved ?not happy

Dumb service

I went to take my daughter in to open her an account (a simple one not with me on it) we went in an hour before they shut, A lady approached me and I asked what I wanted I said to open an account for my daughter and explained I am a customer and this is the only time I could make it in cause of no car and having a toddler this was my only chance to come in, she said she will go and see if they can help me, said it’s ok we are willing to wait, as I was waiting for her I noticed there was only 2 people ahead of me and there is plenty of time before close and thought it should be fine they should assist me, well the lady comes out and says sorry we can’t help you today you will have to come back tomorrow, I was shocked as it was pretty clear that there was only 3 customers in the bank and a hour to go and they couldn’t assist me even though We were willing to wait, wth what a absolute joke Nab, they were still open but not open scratching my head I said to her are you serious she said yes without a care in the world so I said to her ok well go to another bank and walked out, went to the next bank and they opened one up not a problem, not happy at all considering I’ve been a customer for years, I am closing my account and moving on, they can shove it.

Perfect service

I was called by a person from NAB by the name of tristan from loan and mortage department.

One of the best services I have gotten from any bank.
He just started early this year and the way he spoke made me feel welcomed into the NAB family.

Review TypeLoan Application

Worst bank ever

Changes bsb without any inform.my all payments stuck in the system i argue with my boss that i haven’t got the pay but he transfer in the same account as usual but due to change of bab i haven’t got that

Saved my account

Absolutely huge from NAB to stop a hacker from accessing my account, just a massive result, NAB were Huge in stopping dis happening and couldn’t be happier, thank you NAB, you’ve been massive, just huge

Worst Customer Service

Tried to open a new bank accounts as a new customer and after more than two weeks of submitting requested documents I did not hear anything from Warwick WA branch, just a complete ignorance although emailed and phoned to find out what's happening. Requested to get back all my documents but than he A.M. @ Warwick branch ignored me again. Been with banks more than 45 years but this by far the worst possible service. Absolutely useless, slow and pathetic customer service. Stay away from NAB in particular Warwick WA branch.

Review TypeNew Account

Can process EFTPOS twice in 2 minutes but cannot reverse the transaction in 6 days and counting

Have been holding our eftpos reversal of over $500 for over 6 days and counting. -the entire rest of our paycheck after a bill got deducted twice. We are on a low income - they offered us an overdraft - which when I read the terms and conditions on the website attracts a hidden fee to them - so they get to profit by holding people's money hostage. If an eftpos transaction can be deducted twice in 2 minutes WHY does it take so long to return the funds??? Also offered to lodge it as a disputed transaction - then we got an email saying to take evidence down to the branch if you don't own a scanner.

Manager couldn't accept the evidence to start the disputed transaction process at the branch - because she can't contact the disputes department - so they apparently don't even have the ability to make a phonecall or scan documents at their branches.
We have a credit card payment due WHILE they hold our money to pay it hostage. So they get to profit AGAIN by a late payment fee no doubt because they keep saying the money will come back but they cannot say when, they cannot say where the money is either so we have no ability to negotiate with them or the Water company because we can't give them a date we can afford to pay.

Next step is AFCA. to get the money back for us after which we will never use EFTPOS again - we're a cash only family from here on in. I hear banks like NAB want us to all move to cashless - good luck with that if this is what can happen!

Customers be warned - unless you're rich, don't use electronic methods for larger payments, cash only for amounts you can't afford to lose.- because if a mistake is made, you'll be out of pocket for quite a while.- as in how long is a piece of string long. NAB will tell you they don't have the money, the bill you paid folk will tell you they don't have the money, - it just goes poof and ceases to exist.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Single Mother Stranded In Sydney 4 Days While Call Centre Unable To Release Money From Customers Account

Took my first holiday in 6 years and my daughter and i were heading to Sydney for Easter and her Birthday on 18th April. I called the Customer Service Centre and confirmed I could access money that i saved on the 18th and explained to them what I was doing and that I planned a holiday to Sydney. We left Brisbane at 3am in the morning at 8.30 I called the NAB to release the money into my savings account they confirmed they could do this and in the same conversation I was told it would take 24 hours. I said I am going to Coffs Harbour bank as I was nearly out of fuel to continue our trip to Sydney. The CSC said they would email Coffs Harbour to let them know I need help. They done an over draw on my account and said it would be fixed up the next day. On Saturday I went to buy food and declined still no money in my account called CSC and said that they could of said 1 Business day. So here I am in Sydney nab supervisor offered me to over draw my account again $200 for the rest of my holiday because she does not have the authorisation to give me more as all the managers are away on their easter break.

How you treat your customer of 30 years you has paid thousands and thousand of dollars interest and leaving a single mother stranded in Sydney while manager leave little authorisation for supervisors while they have 4 days off for Easter.

Worst customer service. My card is blocked and cannot withdraw money based on my ID. Decided to drop using this bank permanently as stupid questions were asked with no results.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

No card ordered and then double ordered

I have been with NAB for about 24 years. My partner is with another bank however we decided to open a joint account with NAB as I am already a customer there. We went to Buderim branch and had to wait 3 days for an appointment. So back we went.
We opened the account 1.5 weeks ago and never received cards. We went into the Branch and they said there are no cards ordered - which they apologised for (not sure how more basic banking gets than sending a card out). Then I asked to get it expressed out as they were already over due, actually thought they would have offered that up but they didn't. Then I got a phone call a few hours later saying that since they didn't ask for Express this morning when they ordered the cards they have to now send out 2 lots of cards?!? I said just to cancel one of them. There was silence, the lady did not know what to do. Obviously it was just going to get too complicated for her so I said don't worry we will sort it out. She then hung up. As in hung up without saying sorry or goodbye.

See all NAB (National Australia Bank) reviews