See the Best Travel Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Watch the fine print and the ambigious phrases used to allow NAB to not live up to obligations.

Set out more than 12 months ago to cruise only around part of Australia and Tasmania.Became ill and was off loaded in Adelaide.The medical claim was large because Norwegian Line charged $5000.00 for one night in their hospital then situation was compounded by NAB refusing to acknowledge liability because of wording on their brochure,to this day neither QBE nor NAB have changed ambigious phrasing or acknowledged that they were in the wrong(QBE did pay the charge for Ship's service)

Insurance Cover For:Senior
Claim DateFebruary 2018
Claim ApprovedNo

ClaireSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very pleased.

I used my NAB complimentary insurance for the first time after years of paying a lot for travel insurance. I found out it covered just as much as my previous insurer. I was a bit worried when I had to make a claim but it was fine. It took a while to receive payment as there was more paperwork needed that I thought I had sent.

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Craig

Craig

I don't understand the low ratings.

I was unfortunate enough to have had to use the insurance claim once for an illness on holiday in Thailand. I called the toll free number, and they told me to charge everything to my card then submit the claim when I got home. The full claim was paid within a week of submission - no questions.

Fantastic product

ShaneP

ShanePMelbourne

Complimentary Credit Card Insurance Works

The run around

The run aroundAU

Good luck

Pre existing conditions

In general terms, I think the free insurance (if you qualify) is a good product but watch out for pre existing conditions as there is no cover at all irrespective of how long ago the injury was and even if you no longer have any issues with it. Maybe look at another policy that covers pre existing conditions, it may have a premium loading added, and then rely on the Nab card insurance for everything else.

Polarica

Polarica

Very hesitant to use it

Ads

AdsGold Coast

Never choosing anyone else!

NAB Travel Insurance

Holiday travelling from Perth to Melbourne by car and returning by air was pre booked and paid for using NAB Qantas Platinum Amex Card. Believed this qualified for complimentary travel insurance. Had to cancel due to wife's illness. Tried submitting claim for lost flight but was told did not meet eligibility criteria as was not a return flight!
What kind of insurance is that?! Ridiculous!

Insurance claim madeNo

Great no cost travel insurance

Travelled to Cambodia and Vietnam in Feb/Mar 2017. Picked up an infection which required treatment at a private clinic in Hanoi. Claiming was easy. Just make sure to send all of the documents that are required. Customer support very helpful.

Treated like a fraudster

Excellent Product

I am extremely happy with NAB platinum card travel insurance. We were scheduled to take a cruise in January. I cancelled the cruise on the morning we were due to set sail as my sister was terminally ill and consequently passed away. After furnishing QBE with all the relevant documentation required we were given a full refund minus $200.00.

Gem

GemSydney

Excellent product

I had to make a claim after loosing a backpack with contents ie camera cosmetics iPad reading glasses sunglasses etc in Paris I reported my claim on the day and made my claim with all the necessary paperwork that any insurance company requires on my return some weeks later and was paid out without no problem at all will be travelling again this year and using the same facility available with my credit card complimentary travel imsurance

Paul

PaulNewcastle

Completely worthless

The travel insurance through NAB platinum card is completely worthless. I had a flight cancelled by Jetstar for 'mechanical reasons' and made other arrangements. QBE said they did not provide cover for this reason. Really? What do they cover then?? Nowhere is this written in the product disclosure. NAB washes their hands of this but really it is false advertising to say there is attached insurance - because there isn't! Both QBE and NAB are completely useless.

NAB
Tessa C.NAB
Joe

JoeMelbourne

Beware NAB uses Chubb insrance - always reject your claim

The NAB travel policy attached to your credit card is not one you want to rely on.
We had a laceration that required sutures whilst travelling on cruise. CHUBB initially rejected the claim as they do not cover medical costs incurred within Australia. The cruise boat travelled into international waters and I was required to obtain several letters from P&O to confirm.
After many emails and letters I was reimbursed less the hefty excess!
Beware - last resort insurance!!!

Poor cover, excess to high and claims rejected in first instance

Insurance claim madeYes

What a great product! Essentially paid for by your fare purchase using the card. That's all you do

Recently, while hiking in Nepal, I had to be rescued half way up the Himalayas by an expensive jet copter due to altatude sickness I developed at 13,000 feet. Thankfully I had paid for this trip with my NAB Mastercard. All I had to do was prove I had made the purchase using the card and the rest, as they say, was history. All claims paid for, including the two days in hospital in Kathmandu. Can't speak more highly of the product or the service. Both first class.
Cost (nothing really), efficient and comforting to know someone is on your side even in a remote country.
I should have taken the evidence of Mastercard purchase with me instead of leaving it at home. Luckily, my wife, who was still at home, was able to source all required info.

MarkSydney

darkfaery7

darkfaery7Perth, WA

Provided by chartis group I had no problems when I had to make a claim after my laptop and camera where destroyed. Simply faxed a form and money was in my account couple weeks later. Impressed as I am used to insurance claims being a massive headache.
-Automatic when you have a nab gold credit card and purchase 50% of your travel cost with your card.-Claim process is fairly easy.-Once you place a claim you get reimbursed fairly quickly.
-Not cheap if purchasing on its own however if you have a gold nab credit card and purchase at least 50% of your travel costs on credit card you will get nab gold travel insurance complimentary.

MW16
MW16

NAB has made changes so beware ??
NAB has been doing it tough lately haha, so they have cut it out without much notice , oh yeh you can get it if you get the more expensive travel card now ???

MyrisJ
MyrisJ

I actually just got off the phone with NAB & it is still automatic if you purchase a percentage of your Travel on your card. They emailed me through the policy straight away. I'm very very happy

Cliff M.

Cliff M.asked

As Visa NAB card holders are we entitled to travel insurance whilst travelling by Cruise Ship and trip from Brisbane to New Zealand and return.? If so is there any cost? Cliff Matfin em: [email address removed]

Barry Cirillo

Yes you should be fully covered however if your cruise did not leave Australian waters ,even though you were in the International Ports of Sydney,Melbourne,Adelaide etc NAB and QBE refuse to acknowledge that these ports are covered by their ambiguous definitions(they are NOT international ports according to them!)

Barry Cirillo

Remember that in disputes you are dealing with TWO hostile entities QBE and NAB!

Marie B

Marie Basked

Do I need to get a policy document and do I need to inform NAB of any existing medical conditions?

Claire

I would suggest ringing NAB about getting them to send you information about what is covered. I was not covered for a pre-existing condition. You are automatically covered if you paid for your flights and accommodation prior to commencing your trip and used an eligible NAB card. I had the platinum card and had to spend $500.

Marie B

Marie Basked

Do I need to get a policy from NAB now that I have paid the required amount for my trip ? Do I need to tell NAB of any pre existing medical conditions ?

Get an answer from our members and NAB representatives

NAB Travel Insurance Non-Medical Plan

NAB Travel Insurance Essential Plan

NAB Travel Insurance Comprehensive Plan

NAB Travel Insurance Comprehensive Plan

No reviews
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 13 29 2813 29 2813 29 2813 29 2813 29 28
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNo
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and Life
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 120 years old74 years old120 years old120 years old120 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental Death$25,000$25,000$25,000Not Included$25,000
Emergency DentalNot Included$1,000Not Included$1,000$1,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) Optional cover available for 23 weeksOptional cover available for 23 weeksOptional cover available for 23 weeksOptional cover available for 23 weeksOptional cover available for 23 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$5,000Not IncludedNot Included$5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedUnlimitedOptional cover available for 23 weeksUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot Included$10,400Not IncludedNot Included$10,400
Permanent Disability$25,000$25,000Not IncludedNot Included$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250$250$250Not Included$250
Delayed Luggage $500$500$500$250$500
Credit Card Fraud$5,000 as part of Travel Document cover$5,000 as part of Travel Document coverNot IncludedNot Included$5,000 as part of Travel Document cover
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000 as part of Credit Card Fraud cover$5,000 as part of Credit Card Fraud coverNot IncludedNot Included$5,000 as part of Credit Card Fraud cover
Maximum Single Item Limit $1,000 (SmartPhone)$1,000 (SmartPhone)$1,000 (SmartPhone)$1,000 (SmartPhone)$1,000 (SmartPhone)
Luggage & Personal Effects $5,000$10,000$10,000$10,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000.00$2,500,000.00$2,500,000.00$2,500,000.00$2,500,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess $3,000$3,000$3000$3000$3,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Domestic Pet Care Not Included$500Not IncludedNot Included$500
Special Activities Packages
GolfNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
CruiseOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Adventure Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra