NAB Travel Insurance

Comprehensive Plan, Multi-Trip Plan, Essential Plan, etc... (See All)
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by NAB

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (4)

Very disappointing. Claim declined

I purchased travel tickets using nab platinum card to go to USA in November last year with travel date in April 20. The airline cancelled the flight and the travel agent also went in liquidation. The insurance company declined my claim. All my banking is with nab including several home loans and credit card purchases of 3 to 4 international travel tickets per year. This was my only claim I made and I found this very disappointing. I am considering moving my business to another financial institution.

• Incentivised Review No
  • DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Disappointed
DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible! Declined my claim despite having my doctor’s certification advising against travel

I lodged a claim as my doctor strongly advised against travelling Due to illness but they declined my claim because it hasnt happened yet. They state theres an exclusion for change of mind, disappointing. Beware of the fine print! It’s such a shame that they have no regard for my young family's health and wellbeing despite providing a medical
Practitioner’s written advise and the obvious pandemic declared.

lingSydney, NSW

NAB Complimentary Travel Insurance for NAB Visa Credit Card Holders has its limitations

Jamesok
Jamesok

Trivargo found me the 'best' deal, and that company went broke: NAB did not allow the claim

Trivargo got me a deal with a booking agent called Amoma. I paid them abt AUD650 for a hotel booking. Got a receipt and it was endorsed 'Paid in Full'. I rang the hotel and they said the money was paid. I showed up 10 days later and found Amoma had cancelled my booking leaving me high and dry - except they said, 'claim it back on your travel insurance'. I tried but was told by Allianz they didn't cover claims where the provider 'ceases trading'! My god! What is travel insurance for if not to cover such! Buyers beware. Stay away from NAB's and Allianz's insurance.

• Incentivised Review No

Find out how NAB Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Watch the fine print and the ambigious phrases used to allow NAB to not live up to obligations.

Set out more than 12 months ago to cruise only around part of Australia and Tasmania.Became ill and was off loaded in Adelaide.The medical claim was large because Norwegian Line charged $5000.00 for one night in their hospital then situation was compounded by NAB refusing to acknowledge liability because of wording on their brochure,to this day neither QBE nor NAB have changed ambigious phrasing or acknowledged that they were in the wrong(QBE did pay the charge for Ship's service)

Claire
ClaireSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very pleased.

I used my NAB complimentary insurance for the first time after years of paying a lot for travel insurance. I found out it covered just as much as my previous insurer. I was a bit worried when I had to make a claim but it was fine. It took a while to receive payment as there was more paperwork needed that I thought I had sent.

Craig
CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD

I don't understand the low ratings.

I was unfortunate enough to have had to use the insurance claim once for an illness on holiday in Thailand. I called the toll free number, and they told me to charge everything to my card then submit the claim when I got home. The full claim was paid within a week of submission - no questions.

Travel insurance and COVID-19: what you need to know

For many, international travel is back on the cards. Getting travel insurance that covers COVID-19 related events can give you peace of mind so that you can enjoy your trip while being safe, smart, and prepared - and you should know what to look out for before you shop around.

Clara V.

The run around
The run aroundAU

Good luck

Pre existing conditions

In general terms, I think the free insurance (if you qualify) is a good product but watch out for pre existing conditions as there is no cover at all irrespective of how long ago the injury was and even if you no longer have any issues with it. Maybe look at another policy that covers pre existing conditions, it may have a premium loading added, and then rely on the Nab card insurance for everything else.

Polarica
Polarica

Very hesitant to use it

Ads
AdsSydney, NSW

Never choosing anyone else!

NAB Travel Insurance

Holiday travelling from Perth to Melbourne by car and returning by air was pre booked and paid for using NAB Qantas Platinum Amex Card. Believed this qualified for complimentary travel insurance. Had to cancel due to wife's illness. Tried submitting claim for lost flight but was told did not meet eligibility criteria as was not a return flight!
What kind of insurance is that?! Ridiculous!

• Insurance claim madeNo

Great no cost travel insurance

Travelled to Cambodia and Vietnam in Feb/Mar 2017. Picked up an infection which required treatment at a private clinic in Hanoi. Claiming was easy. Just make sure to send all of the documents that are required. Customer support very helpful.

Bob M
Bob Masked
Travel Insurance

We would like to be covered by NAB Travel insurance as we have the Platinum credit card and have paid $5000 on the card for travel.. What is covered as far as car rental under the policy? Do we have to pay the exorbitant car insurance charged by rental companies. I read a PDS that says it covers anyone up to 76 years old. If that is the case my wife is 73 and I am 77
Thanks for your reply

Graeme L
Graeme Lasked
Travel Insurance

I am travelling to Everest Base camp in Nepal - trekking above 5,000 metres. Does NAB complementary insurance (I am eligible) have any altitude limitation?

John F.
John F.asked
Travel Insurance

Dose nab credit card insurance cover domestic travel

See all NAB Travel Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and NAB representatives

Compare all 5 NAB Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and Life
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 120 years old120 years old120 years old74 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimited
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$25,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000Not Included$1,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) Optional cover available for 23 weeksOptional cover available for 23 weeksOptional cover available for 23 weeksOptional cover available for 23 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$5,000Not IncludedNot Included$5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedOptional cover available for 23 weeksUnlimited
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included$10,400
Permanent Disability$25,000Not IncludedNot Included$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not Included$250$250
Delayed Luggage $500$250$500$500
Credit Card Fraud$5,000 as part of Travel Document coverNot IncludedNot Included$5,000 as part of Travel Document cover
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000 as part of Credit Card Fraud coverNot IncludedNot Included$5,000 as part of Credit Card Fraud cover
Maximum Single Item Limit $1,000 (SmartPhone)$1,000 (SmartPhone)$1,000 (SmartPhone)$1,000 (SmartPhone)
Luggage & Personal Effects $10,000$10,000$10,000$10,000