NAB Traveller Card

NAB Traveller Card (page 2 of 9)

See the Best Travel Money in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

peter

peter

nab travel card

hi.. trying to print out statement too check a recent trip in asia …3.5k put through account, it wont load statements at the nab branch.. and it wont load staments from a brand new desktop...from my nab login account... this isn't the first time plus I had the same problem 18 months ago...when I called it was emailed quickly.. but WHY DO I HALF TOO MAKE THE CALL... AND WHY DO I HALF TOO WRITE THIS REVIEW..GET YOU ACT TOGETHER... NAB..(what are you hiding????) cannot review my account online instantly...

Peter

No backup assistance

I am in Tokyo trying to get money. Have emailed the NAB back in Australia 2 days ago. No reply yet. Hate to be desperate but getting that way. I keep being told by ATMs that my card is invalid. It is a brand new card. I hope I get help soon.

Kylie

KyliePerth

Had all money on traveller card stolen after use

Scam. Will be cancelling all nab accounts when I return to Australia

I was advised that this would be a good option for travelling around Europe. I was advised by the teller to make sure I always use the Nab's conversion rate as opposed to the local one. I have come to realise this is due to the fact that they offer a significantly lower rate than the market does, obviously pocketing the profits.

I was also not advised of the horrendous 4% conversion fee that applies when you convert to a non-supported currency. And I did not realise how much I was being charged as the amounts of these fees for some reason do not appear on any transaction statements. Clearly an attempt to hide how much they are ripping you off.

Convenient

I travelled to Italy and Ireland and had no problems paying for items with the NAB Traveller Card - it was accepted everywhere from ATM's (no extra fees), small shops, supermarkets, small cafes, restaurants etc. It was an easy and convenient way to pay for items and keep track of my expenses. It was great to know I had a back up card in case my primary card got lost or stolen (which didn't happen) and I can keep the remaining funds on the card until my next trip without monthly fees. I could check the balance on my IPad. The downside is the cost of transferring Australian dollars to other currencies.

ATM fees Thailand

If you use this card at an ATM in Koh Samui you will be hit with a 220 baht fee. That's almost 10 dollars. My card is going in the bin.

Easy to use

Travelled to Europe and used the card to withdraw cash in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Croatia and Czech Republic with no problems. Had the NAB app so could check on our balance at any time. Loaded up the card with the pound and Euro and it was all so easy. Exchange rate initially wasn’t great but comparable to other banks. We had some money left when we came home and just transferred across to our debit card. when withdrawing cash overseas just be careful of fees charged by ATMs and stick to the major ones.

Lee

Lee

Nab travel card is a scam

The fact that they set their own exchange rate is absolutely ridiculous! What a scam. I got a better deal withdrawing the money with my regular nab card ( including the atm fees) because the exchange rate was at least current. What's the point NAB?!? Closing my account asap because of this.

Useless card

I took this card in order to avoid to be overcharged while travelling abroad and I realized that I got charged even more than my normal debit card. Absolutely useless.

Doesn’t work and ripped of

Transferred 2000au to traveller card before going overseas and got $1188euro then tried to use it at atm. card invalid see bank got ripped off for nothing don’t know why I bothered they should be charged with fraud.

Paul FMelbourne

Don't leave home without it

The first time I used the card was in the Netherlands at a Burger King. No problem. I used it extensively in Paris . Never had a problem shopping,buying food of train tickets. Used it in London not an issue. I used again in New York, bought lunch at the airport in Charlotte and used extensively again in New Orleans.

Paul F

Went to Japan . I was told that cash is better in Japan. I did use the card .no problems.

Topping Up Traveller Card

I have been trying to top up my card thru my eday account however when I try to transfer the money from the eday account the traveller card account does not appear on my list of accounts. Have had to revert to usingle visa.
Not Good.

Not good at all

A transaction of US$830 was declined but the money was deducted from my account. It also takes ages to get the deposits from hotel back (I haven't got mine yet, and according to online comments, it takes 30 days). You need to learn all these things before using the traveler card. Otherwise, you will be ripped off.

Solosam

SolosamSydney, NSW

Closed all my NAB accounts, not just Traveller Card

Danieldp

Danieldp

Don’t let hotels use for “holding deposits” !!

any holding deposit taken by hotels / car rentals / etc, stays held for 31 DAYS. Even if unheld by the hotel.
My euros were held till well past end of vacation.
Useless

Bianca

Bianca

Great for travelling abroad

Obtained the NAB travel card as it doesn't have any NAB related ATM fees attached to it and seemed simple enough to use. Travelled to Spain and got money out with ease at both Deutsche Bank and Bankia with 0 local ATM fees, also used it in a few shops no worries.. Will definitely be using the card again in future (as it takes 5 years to expire). The exchange rate I received for buying euros was also the same as purchasing cash.

Alan

Alanmelbourne

Total scam, will rip you off with inaccurate loading and offloading rates!!!

Staff lied. Paid conversion to load and conversion to withdraw cash.

Was told by NAB staff these cards are great, sold! But withdrew cash in Europe from an ATM, as directed by the NAB staff and was slugged another conversion fee from Aus$ to Euro when the account already had only Euro on it. Not happy.

Karen

KarenMid North Coast, NSW

Don't do it.....

I got a travelcard with the Nab and transferred $1,000 from my account onto it and it was rejected due to some issue with their system and they took my money anyway and didn't load it to the travelcard. After contacting the NAB I was told it would take 2-3 working days to refund the money into my bank when i was leaving the country in a day. I was too scared to load anymore onto it and just got generic responses from the NAB. This is exactly why the Government needs to do an enquiry into the banking system. They are just crooks.

Lack of security on NAB travel card