Listing monitored by National Grid Support Service

3.9
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (1)
LyndaJS
LyndaJSGippsland, VIC

Not impressed.

Rep came out, all good, on time etc. He was told it was 'only for a quote' first off. Got the speel, quote etc etc, then came the pressure. Sign up today & get another $900 off, if you don't take right now, today, somebody else will. No, we don't work like that, gotta think about it & talk to the kids. Look, he was nice, pushy in the end. Also, he didn't leave us with anything, no written quote, no business card, nothing.
We have since spoken to people who have solar, & they advised against it. BIG hassle, not worth it.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Alice
Aliceasked

You need to make sure these people use accredited electricians to install the solar panels. This screams 'scam', please research the havoc these companies are causing in people's homes and the types of people they are targeting (the elderly, door knocking etc). Any solar company who is door knocking is a big no no. Contact your local electrician and ask them to come up with a plan to install solar. You do not need a solar company!!

HarvestBazza
HarvestBazza

Hey Alice,

I had a great experience through the sale and installation, system has been reliable too. No door knocking and had their accreditations and insurances in check. I spent a lot of time researching and did come across the companies you speak about. NGSS did right by me and happy to endorse their product and service.

Graham Marshall
Graham Marshallasked

how much kwh output should a 5.12 kw system produce in Blackman's bay Tasmania?

Gday Graham,

It depends on the orientation of the panels, the inverter efficiency and a few other factors such as shade, configuration and pitch of the modules.

A typical installation facing north with conventional equipment would produce approx 18kw/h on average over the year. More in summer and less in winter.

Any more questions please reach out via support@nationalgridsupport.com.au

best.

Waide sasked

how come every 5 star review for these guys is from an account that has only posted ~5 reviews and all within one week of posting this review? How come all but one of these reviews happened in the same week in July 2017? I guess what I'm trying to say is, How can I trust a service that has fake reviews?

Hi Waide,

Thanks for your enquiry.

We sent a message out to our community that week and asked for feedback online. Unlike many vendors, we don't have a department dedicated to creating reviews henceforth compared to the thousands of installation we have we only have a small number of reviews.

It is very rare that customers do leave a review without being asked so I support your healthy scepticism, our industry needs more of it. In this case all of our reviews are genuine and we have validated their authenticity if you would like to speak to these customers please email us at support@nationalgridsupport.com.au.

If as I suspect you may be from another solar company, I recommend being proactive and focus on delivering value to your customer base instead of attempting to bring down others.

Best regards.

Hi Kent,

I appreciate your reply, I am in fact an IT specialist, with an interest in Solar. I found reviews for your company on several sites that aroused some suspicion, and decided that I should just ask what is going on. On one of these sites, there is a review from a customer, who then replies to himself, thanking himself for the kind review - the kind of mistake a fake reviewer might make when he has to log into many fake accounts - Not saying that is what happened here, just that paying attention to things such as this may prevent people from being fooled by easy to manipulate systems.

Again, thanks for your reply

No problems Waide.

Agree with you. All our reviews come from customers, we do ask for them as stated as its the only way to create a presence. Unfortunately, most larger suppliers employ people to create fake reviews, this is a strict breach of our code of ethics.

All the best.

Get an answer from our members and National Grid Support Service representatives

CategoryOnline Shops, Solar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers