Earth Choice Wool & Delicates Wash

Earth Choice Wool & Delicates Wash Questions & Answers

Anniek
Anniek

Do you have to rinse your clothes?

Alli
Alli

Can you not rinse with this product, as I will be remote camping and water will be limited

Tottie G.
Tottie G.

do you rinse the garment after hand washing?

JonakK

If you just looked a little further down the questions section where you posted this--like, 3 questions below yours-- you will see your question has been asked multiple times and answered. Not answering again.

Mary F.
Mary F.

Can I use the wool wash to wash sheepskins

Sharon
Sharon

Can you please tell me if it is OK to wash everyday clothes with wool wash?

JonakK

In general, laundry liquid designed especially for wool can also wash other garments made of natural fibres, eg. cotton, but it is not recommended to wash synthetics in these products. As for this specific product, I have not tried it with anything other than wool (for which it does a fine job).

Kerry C.
Kerry C.

Can I use this on my mulberry silk pillowcases?

JonakK

I'm not from Earth Choice. I am someone who has washed 100% merino wool, and merino/possum/silk blend items with Earth Choice, and it really is a very delicate wash that has caused no problems with the items I mention. I put my items in wash bags and put in the machine on the Wool Wash cycle (I add an extra rinse, too). I can't imagine you would find a laundry detergent much better for delicate items and I would consider it if I had your type of item in preference to normal laundry liquids.

Judi Hosking
Judi Hosking

Do I need to rinse woollens after hand washing them in Earth Choice Wolo and Delicates.

Customer
Customer

yes, I think so.

JonakK

I would have thought it was always advisable to rinse any item that is washed--it's a part of the process of something becoming properly clean.

Tanya B.

Some wool washes actually say on their instructions to not rinse afterwards... so hence I'm wondering with this product esp since it doesn't specify to rinse.

Silvia M.
Silvia M.

Can I use this to safely wash sheep skin seat covers?

Trish F
Trish F

Do you need to rinse the garments afterwards? Hand washing whilst camping!
Trish

NPH
NPH

can i use this for silk? thanks

Jass
Jass

Would it smell in your mouth if you had a few mouth full of it

Marie Rose

can i use this detergent for a normal wash of clothing ie: non wool garments/delicates??
accidentally bought instead of the normal Earth Choice laundry detergent!
many thanks :)

luminair
luminair

I wouldn't but otherwise I don't see why not.......just make you use a bit more and dissolve it in hot water. If I buy too much I just store it for future use and then go out and buy the correct detergent.......simple!

Marie Rose

thanks! what is the difference?

Eljay
Eljay

You’re comment is old now but I have a male housemate who made the same mistake, the bottles are almost identical. I googled whether or not the Earth Wool Wash could be substituted for regular Earth laundry liquid detergent and according to many users (as well as the official site), the wool wash is fine for most clothes and especially good for sheets and towels. Hope this helps all this time down the track.

Angela R.
Angela R.

Can I wash my sheepskin rug with this

Michelle Hazelden
Michelle Hazelden

I have only washed woollen jumpers and blankets. If washing instructions on the item say you can wash it, I wouldn't hesitate to use the Woolwash. All the best.

Hayley L.
Hayley L.

is this ok to use for sensitive skin?

Jason B

It doesn't say that its safe for sensitive skin on the label, so to be safe you might be better to purchase a laundry detergent for wool which clearly stipulates on the label that its safe for people with sensitive skin.

dawnric
dawnric

Trust me the blue regular one is very gentle.

I washed all of my clothes, bedding, towels and tea towels in Earth Blue liquid. My uncle had very bad Eczema and I had psoriasis on my legs. On advice from a nurse not to use biological powders we switched to Earth products and now we are free of Eczema and Psoriasis. I wash my hair with Johnsons baby shampoo as its gentle and no longer need conditioner. I use QV wash for my skin, after my Dr suggested it, natural ingredients and very gentle.
I do use the gentler wool option for silk and wool. I always rinse every.thing off.

Initially I spent a whole day washing all my clothes etc. in Earth but forgot one sock. All the symptoms were gone until I put on that one sock. I wash all of my clothes, bedding, towels ands tea towels in Earth and my body with QV.

I started doing this about 17 years ago and haven't looked back.

anna 2016
anna 2016

I am sure you have been asked this before but can you use the woolwash on a cold water cycle.

Jason B

Wool garments should be washed on the wool setting (usually gentle action at 40°C). However if your washing machine does not have a wool cycle, you can use Woolwash on a cold water wash or wash cycle for delicates.

Tim M.
Tim M.

Can you use it on Sheepskin car covers

Anonymous762
Anonymous762

I am not yet 100 % sure of the correct answer.
Perhaps it would be fine if you sponge the car cover with a warm damp cloth that has a little earth choice on it , then leave it to dry in the sun, or a warm heated room indoors.

Amrita S.
Amrita S.

Is this wash ph neutral?

PH 8.8 so Alkaline

Bud

Can I use this product in my new Bosch Washing Machine? And if so, How much per wash should I use?

Tweety

If it's a front loader, I add about 30mls. When I had my top loader, I used about 50mls

Bud

Thanks Tweety. It is a front loader. and I noticed also that the wash cycles go on for ever. Is that normal? I like to use a cold wash as well, but that's not mentioned in anything I have read. And it would usually only take about 30-45 minutes to complete a wash load. Can you possibly help me further with these queries?

Judith M.
Judith M.

Is wool wash antibacterial?

Tweety

eucalyptus oil naturally contains antibacterial properties, so I would suggest the answer to be yes.

scottyricho71
scottyricho71

Can this product be used for sheep skin seat covers

Burnt-Twice

You can't use woolwash, only Woolskin Sheepskin Shampoo - you'll have to use Google to find where to buy it.

mar
mar

Can I wash my sheep skin rugs with this product cane some one let me know thanks Marama

Gladys G.
Gladys G.

Do you have to rinse your clothes after washing in woolwash

Tanya B.

Did you actually read that on manufacturers instructions. With my old wool wash brand it said not to rinse.

Get an answer from our members and Earth Choice representatives