Navman MiVue630

Navman MiVue630

MPN: 3289225

MazChester Hill

Was excellent till it corrupted the file I needed

GPS feature is awesome tells you your actual speed location as a watermark on the bottom right.

Very easy to use but the only issue I have is that a corrupted the file that I needed for an insurance claim I'm very upset and now I'm out of pocket.

I am in tears

Maz

Cam is 3 months old, card is two months old.

Great device

I have had this unit for over a year now. It hasn't missed a beat. Can't fault the device at all. A very simple device to use. Considering its exposure to the sun up here in Queensland it still keeps on going.The night vision is exceptional for such a small unit.Purchased from Harvey Norman, matched JB Hi Fi online sale price.

NavSupport A.Navman

camera is working but not the charger

i got this cam yesterday , but the charger is not working at all and i dont feel like using a powerbank everytime i am driving it is not my 12 volt socket i tested it and it works well. i was expecting target to get me a new one but they dont sell those anymore

clement

had a refund and got a mivue 700 instead.

NavSupport A.Navman

no longer works after firmware update

this worked really well, it recorded great quality movie but once I updated the firmware from the official site, after that it turned on 2 times, on the third time the light went on but after 5 seconds it would shut down and that was it. So i got a refund bcos I only had it for 2 days.

ShariCornubia

Less than 12 months old and stopped working

Disappointed with my MiVue630. Had it professionally installed in a vehicle and worked great for 6 months. Removed and put in a new car, no longer works. Will not turn on or charge. Everything is installed as it should be with power to cable etc but unit is unresponsive.
Would have thought to get more than 6 months out of a device!!

TINA

TINA

Plug in and Go

I got this Navman on special in Harvey Norman (had to ask for the special!) For around $98 mid 2017. You really do just plug it in and you're ready to go. I've been very happy with the video quality and it was easy to discreetly hide the cords in the trim. Dash cams are a great little investment and I think they make a great gift for teens buying their first car.

Poodroo

PoodrooBribane

Good camera with pathetic mount system

I purchased the MiVue 630 as a gift for my partner for peace of mind in her car. The camera itself works fine with good clarity but sadly the mount is useless. There is no way it can be tightened so the cam seems to consistently move itself forward and start pointing up toward the sky meaning it has to be readjusted every time you hop in and drive the car. This is annoying beyond belief especially since it cannot be tightened.

johnCanberra

Worked great until warm weather came

The dash camera works great but today i noticed that the camera wasnt not turning on and recording.
It turned on said recording the shutdown right away. I have tried to have the camera plugged into different power supply's and the same issue happens, i also let the device cool down and nothing has changed.

Paul

PaulCentral Queensland, QLD

For the price its good value

At a relatively low cost the MiVue 630 is good value...the typical Navman build quality and the addition of the GPS accountability makes it stand out from the many cheap dash cams on the market...one suggestion however; install a quality memory card and ensure you format it prior to use...cheap cards card can be a let down and will almost certainly cause some of the issues posted here. The Navman software is also excellent, the ability to see precisely where and when the vehicle was during an 'incident' and from which direction and what degree of G force was experienced should stand up in a court of law.

dood manAU

over heats and shuts off

As well as randomly not recording and displaying usb conneçted.

Service from navman itself is useless they didn't even repair my unit just factory reset and returned it to me unfixed will not buy any of their products again bad bad bad.

It is also 2 gens old dispite being barely a year oldo

dood man

It was repaired by Harvey Norman (all they did was factoy reset on both units i had) and has not done it again since but i feel when summer comes around around they will once again overheat.

Capt Jack

Capt JackWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Works Wonderfully Well

High def in all conditions and no complaints. Great small size. Dropped it on the floor when fitting it and it started recording - so it is robust. Works simply and does everything. I like the info that it shows - speed - time - lat/long. Have none of the complaints that other people have indicated so they have fiddled with the setups or have a faulty one. It starts recording when you start up and turns off when you turn off. Have only looked at the video once when a driver shot across from a side street at 30kph and took out a vehicle coming the other way - I had 15mtrs to pull down - he had none. The image was clear and perfect at 50kph and just on dark.

Better than expected

Purchased from Good Guys @ $99.00. Once you work out the menu etc it is easy to get around. I was more than impressed with both day and night recording. The playback on the Mivue Manager compliments all features. I was really impressed with the GPS feature on the manager. I did feel that it would break when attaching camera to the holder, so I found adjusting the camera angle with the windscreen mount in place tended to give it more support than holding it in your hand. Contemplating on buying another for my wife's car. Use the Mivue Manager that way you will get the audio as well.

Miroku

MirokuADELAIDE

Top little camera is the MiVue 630

Purchased the MiVue 630 dash cam from Jb Hi-Fi for my son for his birthday, I was so impressed with the MiVue 630 that i since gone back brought another two from my other son and myself.
The camera is a breeze to setup, If you're looking at a camera that has quality video recording and photos at a nice price this is the one.
Also GPS and the speed display on screen which is handy.

goodone007

goodone007AU

Pretty good so far

Sweet little unit

I just brought the Navman mivue 630.. i would like to know does it do loop recording and how long does it record for... eg into you turn of the car engine your does it do in time blockes like 30min your longer.
And what speed card should i use

Turtle
Turtle

thank you for your help u have helped me alot

Xy guy

Xy guyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good compact little dashcam.

Got the Mivue 630 to replace another Navman dashcam id had for 5 yrs. At first the 630 wasn't recording properly, kept stopping and restarting, couldnt reveiw recordings and the sound was dodgy. I then did a quick search on the problem and found out it needed a Class 10 SD card. I had put in a Class 4 not knowing this. With the Class 10 it fixed it all and works perfectly. Its possible many problems people have encountered with it recording was simply from incompatible SD cards with too low a rating. Good little unit in my opinion. Video quality is good and clear, GPS is acurate and its compact size is perfect. The user interface is nice and easy too.

Monty

MontySydney

No audio on playback

I've selected 'Sound Recording' ON, but can't get audio when I play back the file. Have tried opening with various apps, including Film & TV, Windows Media Player, Power Media Player. Is the device defective or have I missed something here? Otherwise no problems, but the sound issue is annoying.

Paul N

Paul N

Dissapointing parking mode

I havent actually used it so probably should wait before writing a review but I'm a bit dissapointed reading that parking mode dosent actually work unless you spend more money to buy the power cables. The salesman at harvey norman assured me that this model has parking mode, which is the main feature I wanted and gave the impression it would work straight out of the box. Unfortunately ive opened the package else i would return it as it wont really do what i want. Well too late now so I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.

Wayne F.

Wayne F.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect Dash cam

Ness

NessCranbourne

Let down when needed it the most