Navman MiVue730

Navman MiVue730 Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

MPN: 3662966

50 questions from our users

Tracey Cook

Tracey Cookasked

Hi guys
Just wondering do you have to have this device plugged in all the time? Eg; how long does the battery last if turned on?
Cheers Tracey

Hi Tracey,

That's a good question!

All of the MiVue dash cam units including your device need to be plugged in all the time for it to work. It's designed to function only when connected to a constant power source. The battery’s function is to allow the device time to save video files to the SD card in the event of the power supply being suddenly severed.

To test if the internal battery is holding enough charge to perform the correct shutdown, please follow these steps:
o Connect the device to your Navman car power adaptor or AC Adaptor (5v, 1amp) for 30 minutes.
o Cease power to the device by turning off the power source or removing the cable from the device.
o The device will shut down after 2 seconds or more.

I hope this helps!

Rob

Robasked

Can i use an EMTEC micro SD card in my 730?
Rob Smith
[email removed]

Hi Rob,

When selecting a microSD card, it's best to choose one that is covered under the manufactures warranty as it is specifically designed and built to be used in Dash Camera’s. Please go HERE: https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131565 for the recommended microSD card brands and types.

Happy Holidays!

Kind regards,

Corey B

Corey Basked

Hi there. I have just purchased my Navman Mivue 730 and when driving, on the display screen it says :start recording: It the only records from 2 secs to 2 mins. Is the unit faulty or have i missed something in the set up?

Hi Corey B,

Thanks for posting your query.

You are able to choose the video recording length from either 1, 3 or 5 minutes.To change the video recording length, press the Menu Button>Video Recording>Video Clip Length. You can choose from 1, 3 or 5 min & press OK to save. All video recordings go for the selected time frame and will stop and record again automatically once the time has lapsed.

If an event happens such as a sudden impact, high speed driving, an aggressive turn or an accidental crash after 2 secs or 2mins of normal recording, the G sensor will prompt the dash cam to start recording the event for 20 seconds, then it goes back to normal recording.

If this won't happen, you might have a faulty memory card. Ensure that you are using a compatible microSD card to avoid any recording issues. Please CLICK HERE: https://service.navman.com/M0100/DownLoad_Faq_131616_Australia%20NAVMAN_English%20Navman.html for the recommended microSD card brands and types.
Note: If it's your first time to visit our FAQ site, you need to select Australia/New Zealand and then click the above link again to be directed to the correct site/page.

Also, update the firmware through this link: https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131620

David H

David Hasked

I bought to MiVUE730 yesterday in Australia neither of them will turn on with the cigarette lighter 12v power supply what is the problem?

Hi David H,

Is there a light indicator on the unit while connected to a 12v power supply? If so, please click here: https://service.navman.com/M0100/DownLoad_Faq_131486_Australia%20NAVMAN_English%20Navman.html to perform a hard reset, please do this while the unit is connected to the power.

If there's no light indicator, we suspect the 12v in-car power adapter is faulty. May we private message you to get some personal information?

David

Davidasked

Hi, can I record video without any date/time/location stamp on the bottom right of the screen? I would like to record a journey for a small video I am making, and the camera picture looks great, but I can't see a way to turn off the overlay
David

Hi David,

Thanks for posting a query. Sadly, the text stamp cannot be disabled for legal and insurance purposes.

For more info about our products, please visit service.navman.com or www.navman.com.au / www.navman.co.nz

Errol N

Errol Nasked

Hi! I recently got a Mivue730, and found that it does not record the speed even though the speed stamp is activated, can someone please let me know if this can be fixed?

Hi Errol,

Have you tried using the Mivue manager? It is the application recommended to play the videos for our devices and it is available to download here:

*Note if you were not directed to the correct page, kindly select a region first and then try again.

If it still doesn't work, please make sure you have the latest firmware installed which is available to download here:

Hope it helps. Otherwise, don't hesitate to reach us out again.

Saad Ahmadasked

My Dashcam model 730 shows a continuous orange screen when the screen goes to sleep. what does that mean? There is no detail given in the manual about the constant orange light. I am not sure if its recording anything during that time. However, sometimes it does flash green and orange which means its charging. Any ideas? Please provide valuable advice.

Hi Saad Ahmad,

Green light means power/charge indicator. While connected on charger, Green and Orange light means the device is recording. Orange means, the device is recording. When the screen is on standby, the device will continuously record.

Tony

Tonyasked

I have a MiVue 730 dashcam purchased a couple of months ago. I switched on the facility to warn of other vehicles, lane change etc., but am somewhat baffled by the symbols that appear on the screen, eg.. a car facing left on the screen with 3 bars on the right;is there a manual or leaflet explain the symbols that might appear?

Hi Tony,

Please refer here to answer your query: https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131533

Note: if it's your first time visiting our FAQ site, please select a region first and try the link again.

Thank you.

seybrook

seybrookasked

I have a 780/850 DDR MiVue. Can the screen be turned off and still be recording as it is very distracting placed right under the rear vision mirror as instructed?
Cheers John

Saad Ahmad

I have 730 model and it has option in settings to turn screen off after 30 seconds, 1 min, 3 mins or 10 mins. I use 1 min option and works perfect for me.

Hi John,

Saad Ahmad gave the correct suggestion. You have an option to put the screen on standby while recording. Go to System Settings > Settings > LCD Standby.

The user manual of the unit can be downloaded here: https://www.navman.com.au/gps-user-guides

Thank you.

wahfu

wahfuasked

Recently bought and installed a Navman MiVUE 730 in my E320 Benz. The windscreen area behind the rear vision mirror has a dotted and raised coating to assist operation of the wiper rain sensor and the MiVUE suction cup will not stick to this surface. Of course if I lower the attachment bracket further down on the clear screen area all is fine but is lower than I desire. Is there any other form of attachment device that would allow a higher mounting point?

Daniel
Daniel

I used a 3m Stick on dot underneath my suction cup to keep mine on the window. Has been a few months now without any issues, will see how it goes as the temperature warms up.

Hi Wahfu,

We regret to inform you that we don't have other type of mount for the MiVUE 730. You may try Daniel's Idea (as mentioned above), but you need to use durable 3M tapes that will work on at least warm temperature.

Sam G

Sam Gasked

hi there I've got a navman 700 and when i start the car up to doesn't automatically start recording it says everytime i need to format the sd card what is wrong

Hi Sam G,

Please make sure that you are using a compatible memory card. For the list of compatible cards, please refer to the link below:

Please also install the latest firmware update for the camera to rectify the problem: https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131621

Jaimie De Lazzari

Jaimie De Lazzariasked

Hi,
I'm looking at purchasing a Navman dash cam and I have a Samsung 32GB MicroSD card that has class 10 speed. Is this compatible with the Navman dash cams?
Jaimie

Hi Jaimie,

What model of Samsung MicroSD is the card? while some are compatible, some may not be. As a general rule, as long as it is Class 10 and UHS-1 it should work without problems, however its worth noting that samsung have a blanket "not for use in dash cams" clause in their warranty. you can view here https://www.samsung.com/au/support/warranty/ (Click storage on the tab, then scroll to part 1 in the warranty information)

We would recommend the Samsung Pro Endurance however, which is specifically designed for continuous recording devices.

I hope this helps!
Navman Senior Support

Brad

Bradasked

Hi can the DDR MiVue 730 be used in a truck using 24 volts?

Hi Brad,

Our MiVUE 730 can be charged thru 12/24v==Max1.4A and output DC 5v=2A. Yes, you can use it in your truck with 24 volts.

Daz

Dazasked

Hi,
I’ve bought 2 mivue730 cameras and they both don’t loop record. Any reason why this is? Can’t find settings to turn them on?

teflon
teflon

Sorry, I do not own this camera so cannot answer you question.
I do suggest that you go to the FAQ on the Navman site for the answer.

Hi Daz,

The MiVue 730 should automatically loop record. To isolate the problem, please make sure that you are using a compatible memory card. Some cards are not optimized for continous video recordings. You may check the link below about the best memory cards to use with a dash camera: https://service.navman.com/m0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=102076&faqid=AllFaq

*Note: If it's your first time visiting our FAQ site, please select a region first and then try the link above again.*

It would also be best installing the latest firmware update which can be downlaoded here: https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131620

Best regards,

Terry S

Terry Sasked

Hi. I have a DDR MiVue 730. I am using an 8gig memory card. When I tried to download footage for an incident I thought was recorded the memory showed 7.2gig used but there are NO files showing at all in all the folders. It shows recording when i am driving but there are no files to be seen. I need the file for a court case against an offender I filmed who was in front of my car. Any help?

Hi Terry,

Apologies for the delays. This shouldn't be happening. I'll do my best to help.

First, please make sure that you are using a compatible memory card for the device to function correctly. Not all cards are guaranteed compatible with Navman dash cameras. For more info about the memory cards, please refer to the link below:

*note: if the link didn't work the first time, please select a region and try again.

Please also check the recorded videos thru Playback on the unit. To playback videos, go to Menu > File Playback and then select either Video, Event or Photo.
To playback videos via computer, please use MiVue Manager which can be downloaded from the link below:

Hope this helps. Otherwise, please let us know what happened next so we can assist your further.

Steveasked

Hello,
Is the San Disk Extreme micro SDXC UHS-1 card suitable for the Navman 730 ?
Thanks,

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your query. Sadly, SanDisk Extreme is not recommended for loop recordings. Please see the list of comaptible cards on the link below:

Note: If the link above did't work the first time, please select a region first and try again.

Hope it helps.

John

Johnasked

I purchased a MiVUE 730 for my wife's car. When I was in it today (as a passenger) I noticed that it was not recording. I tried going through the menu but can't seem to get it to record. Appreciate any thoughts.
Regards
John

Wendy

Wendyasked

My Navman has suddenly just stopped working. There is an orange or red light in the corner and that's it. Can you please tell me how to fix?

Hi Wendy,

I'm sorry that this has happened to your unit. Let me see what I can do to help. Please try charging your camera using a wall charger (5v-1a) for 10 minutes and then poke the reset hole located on the side of the camera. If it's still not turning on, it would be best to get it repaired. Please refer to the links below:

Warranty: https://www.navman.com.au/support/warranty
Repairs: https://www.navman.com.au/repairs

Renzo

Renzoasked

Can the display on the MiVue 730 be dimmed for night driving without having to completely blank out the display?

Hi Renzo,

Thanks for your query. Sad to say that our MiVue 730 doesn't have a setting to adjust the screen brightness. So far, we only have that option for car GPS devices.

Bussy

Bussyasked

Hi my Navman 730 doesnt hold charge. Works fine when plugged in the car, but I wanted to test my motorcycles speedo so I thought the GPS in the dashcam would be perfect.
I plugged the camera in and charged for 1.5 hours,and got about 15 seconds of footage before the until turn off.
ANy idea how I can get the untit to charge so I can test the bikes speedo?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your query. The Navman dash cameras are not recommended to use without power. Its internal battery is only used to allow the camera to save videos on a sudden power outage. If you'd like to use it to test speedo, you'll have to bring an external battery pack to keep the camera running. Power banks can be purchased from your local electronic shops. Please also note that your unit requires 5v and 1a power output.

Hope this helps.

For more info about our products, please visit service.navman.com or navman.com.au/navman.co.nz

Navman Support Team

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives