Navman MiVue745

20 questions from our users

Debbie

Debbieasked

Evening

We have mivue750 WiFi navman and bought in October 2019 and was told today the battery isn't holding its charge. Have tried to get a current footage but having difficulty in this due to poor battery life. Thought we was purchasing a good brand but not so sure.

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for posting your query.

Here’s some important information about the battery of your dashcam:

• The built-in battery’s function is to allow the device time to save video files to the memory card in the event of the power supply being suddenly severed.

• The device is designed to function only when connected to a constant power source. If you wish to utilize the park mode feature, you will need to install a power box such as the MiVue Smart Box hardwired to your car’s battery. We recommend that you have an auto electrician to install the MiVue Smart Box. You may click one of the links below to purchase the MiVue Smart Box.
Australia: https://www.navman.com.au/mivue-smartbox
New Zealand: https://www.navman.co.nz/mivue-smartbox

Note: MiVue740/745/750/760/780/790/800820/840/850/860 dash cam cannot operate the Parking mode feature without a Smart box connected or other hardwired power source.

To test if the internal battery is holding enough charge to perform the correct shutdown, please follow these steps:
a. Connect the device to your Navman in-car power adaptor or an AC Adaptor (5v, 2amps) for at least 30 minutes
b. Cease power to the device by turning off the power source or removing the cable from the device
c. The device should shut down after 2 seconds or more.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au.

Rowls

Rowlsasked

Hi, I received a Navman mivue745 for Xmas. I tried to put it in the car today and the cigarette lighter plug lights up as does the dash cam unit but there is no picture or any signs of life. I pressed the on button (top) but the green indicator light dims slightly but still nothing.

Hi Rowls,

We are sorry to hear that the device is not turning on.

To resolve the problem, please try to perform a hard reset. To reset the device, please refer to the link below:
If the unit won’t turn on, please leave the it connected to the charger for at least 20 minutes then try to perform a hard reset again while it is connected to the power source.

If the above steps won’t resolve the problem, we can book the device for service. If you wish to send the device for service, please email our support centre @ PCNsupportaus@navman.com.au with your name, address, phone number, shipping address, date of purchase and serial number so we can arrange to have your device tested at our repair centre.

We do apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can resolve your issue.

Allan

Allanasked

I bought a Navman MiVue 745. Are you able to adjust the camera in its holder up/down and left/right? It looks like you can and on the box it mentions rotating design but it is either very stiff OR it will break if attempted.
Allan

Hi Allan,

Thanks for posting your query.

Sorry for the troubles. Indeed, you may adjust the angle of your camera even it is attached to the mount. You may need to apply some force in removing and rotating the mount as it is quite tight.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to email our support team at PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au

Pyrotechasked

I have a Mivue 745 which i have taken out of one car put in another car . The problem is , when it is plugged into the USB port , the screen says " connected to usb " and it doesn't matter what button you push , you get no response. What can i do ?

Hi Pyrotech,

Thanks for posting your query.

Please note to use only the supplied in-car charger (not the USB cable to computer) to charge the unit in the car. USB cable emits lower than required power compared to the car charger. Due to that, it's possible that your unit is recognizing the USB cable as connected to computer and not for charging.

Thanks guys. Probably should've known that. Cheers

No worries, Pyrotech!

jun o.

jun o.asked

Hi,
My newly purchased Navman MiVue745 a week ago didn't record any sounds during playback on my desktop, however, it was set "record sound on" on the settings. Any idea on the issue?

Hi jun o.,

Sorry to know about that. If you are using a Windows computer and MiVue Manager, we recommend updating/installing the codecs of your PC to further isolate the problem. Please refer below:
Info: https://codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_full.htm
Direct Download Link: https://files3.codecguide.com/K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1520_Full.exe

Hope this helps! Otherwise, feel free to email our support team at PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au

robert i.

robert i.asked

What sort of USB does it use

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query.

Your devices uses a mini-USB cable.

Ray

Rayasked

I have a NavmanMIVUE 745. A great little unit. My question is, can I connect my smart phone to it, if so, how? Thank you so

Hi Ray,

Thanks for posting your query.

Unfortunately, your device does not have wifi that you may use to connect your smartphone with. This feature is available on some of our latest units like Mivue 765 SAFETY and Mivue 1000 SENSOR XL.

Kasun F.asked

Hi,

My Navman dash cam stopped turning on automatically when car starts. I'm using MiVUE745 bought on 6th June 2020. It cannot be turned on either.
I tried to reset it using the button at the bottom of it but had no luck. Is there anything else I can do? Or should I claim warranty?

Hi Kasun,

We are sorry to know that your dashcam is not turning on. Is this happening even when using a different power source? Like USB cable to PC or an AC Mains charger?

Please also check the indicator/LED on the car power adapter if it does not light up when inserted to the cigarette port. If not, we might need to get a replacement car power adapter. To request for replacement, please emails us your warranty details (name, ph#, shipping details, serial number, date and place of purchase) at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au

Kasun F.

I did not remove it after installing it. So it is using the power adapter supplied with it.
Sometimes, the LED on the dashcam comes up with green, but sometimes not. I did not remove it from the car yet. Once I was able to turn it on and the cam recorded its last footage and it is not responding again since that.
I checked the power adapter and it is connected well to the cigarette port and the tiny LED on the adapter lights too.

I will send details to the provided email address.

Hi Kasun,

We are looking forward for your details.

John D.asked

I have correctly formatted the card as advised on the Naveman site. Then re-inserted San Disk Extreme Micro UHS-1 Card (64GB) & powered up and the Naveman then it instructed to Format the card with no response, meaning I can't go to the next step of setup. Please advise how I can start up the Navman.

Hi John,

Sorry for the troubles. The problem could be caused by your microsd card. Please ensure that you are using a High Endurance card, which is designed for intense read/write like in a dash camera, and not general cards like SanDisk Extreme or Ultra. Also be sure to back up your data once a month and format the card to keep it in tip top shape.

You may refer to the link below to check our recommended memory cards:

Hope this helps! Otherwise, feel free to contact our support team at PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au

John D.

Thanks for that. I’ll purchase one from JB HIFI or equivalent. Thanks again.

Hi John,

No worries, we are glad to be of help!

John D.asked

I have placed a SanDisk 64 GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-1 card in my new MiVUE Dashcam and can't get it to format it. (formatted card on computer prior to fitting in dashcam) Just won't respond. What to do

disappointed
disappointed

I have come to realise that most dash cams support micro sd card of file format FAT32 and FAT32 micro sd cards have capacity up to 32 GB only. 64 GB micro sd cards come with ExFAT file format, so that may be the problem you are facing.
So get a micro sd card of up to 32 GB capacity and I am pretty sure it will work.

Lorraine L.

Lorraine L.asked

my Mivue 745 only records in short 30 second lots with gaps in between. Every time I have gone to send a copy of bad driving to the police it has always missed it. I have tried to set the length to 5 minutes but won't change.

Hi Lorraine,

We are sorry to hear that the device is not recording properly.

To resolve this, we have to make sure that the SD card used is compatible with the device. For the list of recommended SD cards, please refer to the link below:

Performing a hard reset may also fix the problem. To reset, you may refer to the link below:

If the above steps won’t resolve the problem, please send an email to our support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au with your full name, phone number, shipping address, serial number, date of purchase and place of purchase so we can book the device for service.

Trish V.asked

whilst driving it keeps doing emergency recording

Hi Trish,

Sorry for the troubles. By default, if an event occurs, such as sudden impact, high-speed driving, an aggressive turn or an accidental crash, the G sensor will activate an "emergency" recording (an event recording). We recommend adjusting the sensitivity level of the G-sensor by going to Settings > G-Sensor Sensitivity > Emergency.

Trish V.

Thank you I will try that as I am just normal driving not bumps or sudden turns and it just kicks in with the recording what do you suggest I turn the sensor down to

Hi Trish,

Yes, please turn the sensor down to further isolate the problem.

delma

delmaasked

I have a mivue 745Navan, and it is doing my head in ....it will not allow me format the SanDisk Ultra micro SDHC UHS I card 32 gb.....initially it did and also it will not play anything back to me

Hi delma,

Thanks for posting your query.

Sorry for the troubles. Please note that the SanDisk Ultra is not recommended to be used with your device as it is not an endurance type, which is more subjectable to early memory failure due to less write cycles and stress with constant recording on memory cells.

You may refer to the link below to check our recommended memory cards:

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to contact our support team on PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au

Michelle J.asked

We have just purchased a MiVue745. The instructions say to turn wifi on by Selecting Menu then Wifi.
We dont have WiFi on the menu list. Looked under settings not there either.
What are we doing wrong?

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for posting your query.

Please be informed that the Mivue 745 does not have WiFi which is why the option is not available under Settings menu. The manual is for the Mivue 745 and Mivue 750 and the WiFi feature is only available on the Mivue 750 model.

For any other concerns, you may also contact our support team on PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au.

Regards

Michelle J.

Perhaps that should be made clearer in the manual :)
Cheers

Hi Michelle,

Sorry for the trouble caused. Your feedback is noted.

Richard J.

Richard J.asked

how do i format my sd card on mivu745

Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting your query.

To format your memory card on your device, you may follow the steps from the link below:

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to contact our support team at PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au

Millsyasked

Why doesn't my new 745 (Xmas present) turn off when ignition is turned off. I have to pull the plug out to turn off every time.
The park mode is "OFF"

Hi Millsy,

If you have Smart box or other similar 3rd party product currently installed in your car, or if your car is set to accessory mode, the dash cam will not turn off automatically when you stop the car's ignition since it's getting continuous power directly from the battery. The device is designed to function continuously when connected to a constant power source. It is very useful if you're using a Smart box as it can prevent the discharge of the car's battery by blocking the electric power automatically as it checks the preset time and voltage. Click here: https://www.navman.com.au/upload/support/guides/Navman_SmartBoxII_UserManual_EN_R00.pdf for more information.

For Parking Mode set up, you may check our FAQ site here:

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to contact our team for any other concerns via pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au

Millsyasked

why doesn't my Navman 745 dashcam turn off automatically when I stop and leave the car? Am I missing a setting somewhere??

Melissa
Melissa

You may have it on recording while parked, check your settings as I think you can set it so it turns off in park mode BUT it will still have the motion sensor going in case your car is hit when your parked it will jump back to start recording.

Millsy

Thanks for that Melissa...... I have got the park mode set to "OFF"
The screen stays on, also the green & Rec lights flash as it does when driving.
I would have thought the screen would have turned off completely when the ignition is turned off to save battery consumption?????

Hi Millsy,

For Parking Mode set up, you may check our FAQ site here:

Laura

Lauraasked

Is there any REAR dash cams compatible with the MiVUE745?

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, the MiVUE745 is not compatible with the rear-camera. To check the compatible models, you may click the appropriate link below:

Australia: https://www.navman.com.au/navman-rear-camera-kit
New Zealand: https://www.navman.co.nz/navman-rear-camera-kit

Feel free to contact our team for any other concerns via pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au

nig m.

nig m.asked

Hi, i have a MiVUE745. I have inserted a Lexar 300x 16gb micro sd card and tried to format it but it won't erase it. Is this Navman compatible for the this micro sd card or should i use another brand. Thanks

Hi nig m.,

Unfortunately, Lexar is not a recommended brand. For the recommended microSD card brands and types, please visit the link below:
*Note: if it's your first time visiting our FAQ site, select a region first then try the link again.

Regards

David L.

David L.asked

Does a USB cable from the cigarette lighter to the Navman deliver an appropriate voltage/amperage to my Navman 745 when the engine is operating? My car has only the single power port and USB plug having two USB ports provides power to another device.

Hi David L.

I am so sorry for the late response.

Unfortunately, we are not suggesting to charge your dash camera using a USB cable as it emits lower than the required power. To optimize and avoid any damage with the unit, we recommend to use only the supplied in-car power adapter.

The Navman Team

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives