An Excellent Dash Cam
1) Set up is a breeze.
2) Quality of the recorded video is very good for both day and night.
3) The suction cup holds up the dash cam very firmly, it hasn't fallen off since being put up months ago. The advantage of a suction cup is that it allows easy removal either to hide the dash cam away from prying eyes or to keep it away from the blazing sun when the car is in the parking bay.
4) It is priced very competitively.
5) I have tried many other brands and this is the one I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
Questions & Answers
We have mivue750 WiFi navman and bought in October 2019 and was told today the battery isn't holding its charge. Have tried to get a current footage but having difficulty in this due to poor battery life. Thought we was purchasing a good brand but not so sure.
Thank you for posting your query.
Here’s some important information about the battery of your dashcam:
• The built-in battery’s function is to allow the device time to save video files to the memory card in the event of the power supply being suddenly severed.
• The device is designed to function only when connected to a constant power source. If you wish to utilize the park mode feature, you will need to install a power box such as the MiVue Smart Box hardwired to your car’s battery. We recommend that you have an auto electrician to install the MiVue Smart Box. You may click one of the links below to purchase the MiVue Smart Box.
New Zealand: https://www.navman.co.nz/mivue-smartbox
Note: MiVue740/745/750/760/780/790/800820/840/850/860 dash cam cannot operate the Parking mode feature without a Smart box connected or other hardwired power source.
To test if the internal battery is holding enough charge to perform the correct shutdown, please follow these steps:
a. Connect the device to your Navman in-car power adaptor or an AC Adaptor (5v, 2amps) for at least 30 minutes
b. Cease power to the device by turning off the power source or removing the cable from the device
c. The device should shut down after 2 seconds or more.
If you need further assistance, please feel free to send an email to our email support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Navman Team
Hi, I received a Navman mivue745 for Xmas. I tried to put it in the car today and the cigarette lighter plug lights up as does the dash cam unit but there is no picture or any signs of life. I pressed the on button (top) but the green indicator light dims slightly but still nothing.
We are sorry to hear that the device is not turning on.
To resolve the problem, please try to perform a hard reset. To reset the device, please refer to the link below:
If the unit won’t turn on, please leave the it connected to the charger for at least 20 minutes then try to perform a hard reset again while it is connected to the power source.
If the above steps won’t resolve the problem, we can book the device for service. If you wish to send the device for service, please email our support centre @ PCNsupportaus@navman.com.au with your name, address, phone number, shipping address, date of purchase and serial number so we can arrange to have your device tested at our repair centre.
We do apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can resolve your issue.
The Navman Team
I bought a Navman MiVue 745. Are you able to adjust the camera in its holder up/down and left/right? It looks like you can and on the box it mentions rotating design but it is either very stiff OR it will break if attempted.
Thanks for posting your query.
Sorry for the troubles. Indeed, you may adjust the angle of your camera even it is attached to the mount. You may need to apply some force in removing and rotating the mount as it is quite tight.
Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to email our support team at PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au
The Navman Team
|Camera Resolution||1080p (Full HD)|
|Memory Type||MicroSD card|
|Dimensions||51 x 81 x 31 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 year(s)|
Visit official website
- GTIN13: 4713264282315
- MPN: MIVUE745 and NAV00005
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.