Our Navman MiVue 745 dashcam works very well; we just inserted the SD card, plugged it into the 12v socket and it does its thing. It's simple to download the videos you want to keep on a pc etc. I agree with others that the suction cup falls off when the windscreen gets hot. I have considered getting the 3M holder for it but prefer to bring the camera in the house if the car is standing in the sun on the driveway for a long time. For our second car I'm getting the Navman 1100 Sensor XL which is supposed to withstand higher temperatures.
Purchased in October 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $159.00.
Plug & go feature was why we chose this. Very easy to set up, mounts to windscreen firmly, doesn’t impede view. Playback is clear. Only issue was that 1st leaflet in box warns that they only recommend 3 SD cards. As the ad hadn’t said this, we had bought a different one which fit the ad description. Had to return the card & replace with the more expensive one.
Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $99.00.
An Excellent Dash Cam
1) Set up is a breeze.
2) Quality of the recorded video is very good for both day and night.
3) The suction cup holds up the dash cam very firmly, it hasn't fallen off since being put up months ago. The advantage of a suction cup is that it allows easy removal either to hide the dash cam away from prying eyes or to keep it away from the blazing sun when the car is in the parking bay.
4) It is priced very competitively.
5) I have tried many other brands and this is the one I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
Find out how Navman MiVue745 compares to other Dash Cams
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
I bought a Navman Mivue 745 yesterday, but I've noticed it does not turn off when I leave and lock the car. I went back and checked 15 minutes later and it was still recording. Why would this be??
Why does my navman mivue 745 which is only 2 days old have a hazy screen and no picture as it happened suddenly?
Thank you for reaching out to us.
We are sorry to hear that you are having problem with the device. We may need to further assess the fault and we would appreciate if you can send a photo of the hazy screen and the brand, size and type of the SD card used to our email support team at email@example.com. The problem may have something to with the actual camera but to avoid other problems with the camera and with the recording function, please make sure to use a compatible SD card with the device. To view the list of compatible SD card for the device, please refer to the link below:
The Navman Team
We have mivue750 WiFi navman and bought in October 2019 and was told today the battery isn't holding its charge. Have tried to get a current footage but having difficulty in this due to poor battery life. Thought we was purchasing a good brand but not so sure.
Thank you for posting your query.
Here’s some important information about the battery of your dashcam:
• The built-in battery’s function is to allow the device time to save video files to the memory card in the event of the power supply being suddenly severed.
• The device is designed to function only when connected to a constant power source. If you wish to utilize the park mode feature, you will need to install a power box such as the MiVue Smart Box hardwired to your car’s battery. We recommend that you have an auto electrician to install the MiVue Smart Box. You may click one of the links below to purchase the MiVue Smart Box.
New Zealand: https://www.navman.co.nz/mivue-smartbox
Note: MiVue740/745/750/760/780/790/800820/840/850/860 dash cam cannot operate the Parking mode feature without a Smart box connected or other hardwired power source.
To test if the internal battery is holding enough charge to perform the correct shutdown, please follow these steps:
a. Connect the device to your Navman in-car power adaptor or an AC Adaptor (5v, 2amps) for at least 30 minutes
b. Cease power to the device by turning off the power source or removing the cable from the device
c. The device should shut down after 2 seconds or more.
If you need further assistance, please feel free to send an email to our email support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Navman Team
|Camera Resolution||1080p (Full HD)|
|Memory Type||MicroSD card|
|Dimensions||51 x 81 x 31 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 year(s)|
Visit official website
- GTIN13: 4713264282315
- MPN: MIVUE745 and NAV00005
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.