Navman MiVue850

Navman MiVue850

MPN: 3676687

2.9

• Readable Number PlatesYes (0) · No (1)
  • Video Quality
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality

Will A
Will A

Works great. Very good video quality.

I bought the Navman MiVue 850 in December 2017. Have owned it for over three years and it’s still working perfectly.
The video quality is excellent.
Only thing that was a negative was the cable to the rear camera broke in the first few days. I ended up having to order a replacement from Germany due to Navman being out of stock for this part. Otherwise, no other issues at all.
Photo is a screenshot from rear cam video.

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

pohlcat
pohlcatToowoomba

Freezing

Hi I have had my navman mivue 850 for 2 weeks now and the thing keeps freezing on me, we have put all upgrades in place but nothing seems to work it still freezes. It has been hardwired in correctly, we just cannot seem to get it to stop freezing, we have to keep factory resetting it, please help.

Other Dash Cams

KogSydney

Rear camera rarely connected since the beginning, less than half a year, turns off automatically

This is the first dash cam that I purchased. After the purchase on Jul, less than a week, rear camera starts failing to connect. After reconnect the cable, 50% chances to successfully reconnect, but over the time, it will be less successful. Since a couple of months ago, the issue started occurring on Front cam as well. After turning on engine, the power is on, and the monitor shows front cam view for like 20 seconds, and red and light blue line appears in the screen and it turned if off itself. It intermittently successfully recording for a while, but for the last week (less than half a year since the purchase), reconnect the cable from camera and power socket even don't work.

Kog

Hi there, no, please message me.

Dash Cams

Find out how Navman MiVue850 compares to other Dash Cams

Jen
JenHunter Region, NSW

user manual feedback

Feedback for the manual, it's limited in its details a troubleshooting section would be ideal also, given the feedback Navman get from customers some common issues that come up, it should be included. I have mine hardwired with the smart-box. A negative is that the camera is continually on recording 24/7 and doesn't turn off when the engine is turned off as it did with the standard lighter plug.

The unit is easy to use and set up is simple even for a techno newbie
it comes with plenty of cabling, sufficient enough for a large family SUV or Van
Quality of recordings is good
I am very happy with this unit, having the duel cameras is great and reassuring that events can be captured front and rear.

Kin
Kinsydney

wifi is always DISCONNECTED. Speed info is not accurate.

Having been using the cam for about 2 months, basically I like it. It’s easy to install and the video quality is good even recording at night. I paid extra 100 bucks to buy this rather than Mivue800 because it comes with wifi and GPS. However those features make me feel very disappointed. Wifi are only few times connected successfully. The download speed is so slow. I believe the GPS provides speed info for recording but it’s not accurate. When I drive 50kmh it shows 45kmh. When I drive 40 kmh it shows 36kmh. How can the recording be a proof in accident without showing correct data?

Bazza
BazzaMelbourne

Unreliable and expensive

Parking mode requires a separately purchased power supply that needs to be hard wired. Even with the additional supply installed parking mode only works if the unit has GPS reception (ie not in your garage). This means parking in your garage is treated as normal driving and you will store a maximum of 3-4 hours on a 64GB micro SD card. Also note the firmware updates from Navman don't work - they brick your device meaning you're stuck with the speed camera data at point of sale.

I have to say howevery JB HiFi have been great as a reseller, honouring warranty and furnishing replacements...

Which have been needed. I am on the third device in three months due to hardware failure. Well done Navman!

Stunned
StunnedSydney, NSW

Not as good as it should be

Wifi needs to turned off to record @ 1440p. Even with the Wifi turned off, picture quality is still very poor with number plates not being able to be read at more than approx. 5 metres. Really not worth paying the extra $200 over the Mivue800 which I have in my wife's car. Most of the other features that are not available on the Mivue800 will be turned off as they are too intrusive. The major plus of the Mivue850 is notification of speed & red light cameras

Sheree S.
Sheree S.asked

Hi, What app do I download to update my Navman MiVue 850. Please.
I did get the app ( Pro Navman MiVue 850 )
But it doesn’t show my Navman! Help pls…..

Hi Sheree,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

To update the firmware of the Mivue 850, please refer to the link below:

If you will have any other queries please send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au for further assistance.

Thank you.

PeterSasked

I have the MiVue 850 dual cam in my Mazda 3 SP25, hard wired in, I think by Mazda (I bought the car 2nd hand), is it possible to have the rear camera on full screen to assist when parking as a reversing camera?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for posting your query.

Once you connect the rear camera and start recording, the screen displays the picture-in-picture (PIP) mode. You can switch the front and rear camera images by pressing the button for the camera with switch arrows (usually at the bottom).

Hope this helps! Otherwise, feel free to contact our support team at PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au

PeterS

Thanks I will try this, just seemed annoying having a rear camera but not being able to use it when reversing.

Hi PeterS,

Your feedback regarding the rear camera has been raised to our product team. Thank you.

Laurence W.
Laurence W.asked

My navman parking mode does not work when car has been off for an hour or so. I thought the whole point of parking mode was for the parking mode to turn on when an event was triggered?
my car was side swipped during the night and parking mode did not activate despite being on the highest settings. My dash cam is hard wired in.

Hi Laurence,

Sorry to know about that. Please ensure that your device’s Park Mode feature is setup correctly. To do this, please refer to the link below:
*Note: if it's your first time visiting our FAQ site, select a region first then try the link again. You may need to copy the whole link (do not click) to be directed to the correct page.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to email our support team at PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au

The Navman Team

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives

CategoryDash Cams
Screen Size 2.7"
Camera Resolution1440p (Wide QHD)
Channels 2