Nestle Allens Chicos

Nestle Allens Chicos (page 2 of 3)

1.8

joc

jocTas

Horrible

Have just tried Chicos again for the first time in many years. What a complete disappointment! The taste/texture, etc. is completely different to how I remember it, and the new variety is horrid! Another product that's not been changed for the better, and I will not be buying again ever.

Bring back the old ones

Yep the old ones were a lot tastier. I'd rather pay a bit more than have to put up with the new 'improved' ones!!!!

Awful. First time I've tried Chicos and it's like chewing on hard plastic tainted with faecal matter

Never tried Chicos before and thought I'd give them a whirl. How awful. Hard, chewy plastic-like substance with and hint of something masquerading as chocolate. Never again.

Just dreadful

Is this a joke? The new chicos taste like plastic with a vague Chico flavoring. Kind of a Pisspoor effort, very disappointed.

Original Chicos

I bought a packet of Chicos. They were original. Thank goodness. Was horrified to learn you changed them at some stage and actually distributed it. Do not do it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! Arnotts made that mistake with Shapes...Learn from it.

Justin

JustinSydney, NSW

Smaller than before and terrible new taste

Terrible change . Used to be my fave: now small and horrible tasting . Why mess with perfection?
And make them larger like the original!

TERRIBLE

omg....what have Allen's done to the chico babies....brought a pack yesterday for the first times in years and I have to say.....they are horrible.....tastes like something that was made in China out of cardboard....hard and tasteless.......when will companies to realize......when you have a classic product and it''s perfect......DON'T change it.....old saying......if it's not broken....leave it be.....wake up......never going to buy these again.....should send the packet back and ask for a refund plus....disgusting products from Allen's on all their lollies now.....

Why are Chicos now so disgusting???

Disgusting, I am so disappointed. Chicos no longer have that rich chocolate flavour with a soft texture, they are now hard and taste like sweet plastic. I thought I was eating a cheap rip off, disgusting.

The Nescafé TeamNestle

Hi Deb, over the last 12 months there have been some slight changes to CHICOS. We are continuing to work with CHICOS taste-testers to make the recipe our best ever. Thanks for your feedback, we'll pass it along to our team :)

Johnny A

Johnny APerth, WA

YUK

Bought a bag of Chicos and looked forward to eating them with eager anticipation. What an absolute disappointment. They are positively revolting. Never again. You've ruined them, Nestle. A thousand brickbats to you.

The Nescafé TeamNestle

Hi Johnny, over the last 12 months there have been some slight changes to CHICOS. We are continuing to work with CHICOS taste-testers to make the recipe our best ever. Thanks for your feedback, we'll pass it along to our team :)

Katherine L

Katherine LBrisbane

blahh..yuck!

Not sure who the taste testers were at Allen's but this 'new and improved' has lost me. Once a raving fan, now a disbeliever. If someone would share the recipe, I would be happy to bring them back!

Heather

HeatherAlbury

Lost for words

Lost for words. We can't believe our all time favourite tastes so bad. Whose big idea was that? Bring back our chico.
Well done on the pineapple.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

New and 'improved' flavour is horrid. I normally love Chicos, but you have ruined them. Please go back to the old recipe.

Bromley

BromleyPerth

What has happened to Chicos

My 2nd favourite lolly of all time is now disgusting. The aftertaste lingers. Why change the recipe . I now need my favourite lolly of all tic tacs to temove the taste.

MichaelW

MichaelWBrisbane

Yuck. A change for the worse.

Chicos used to delicious. They now taste like plastic. Shame I bought 2 bags a day apart not knowing they are now inedible. "Tweaking" the recipe and removing gelatine makes one wonder about Nestlés' research department.
Just horrible. Don't buy.

Bek

BekAdelaide

Used to love them, but what happened to the flavour?!

These used to be one of my favourites, but whatever has been done with the recipe is terrible. I concur with all the comments below. Please bring back the old recipe!

Kdsauer

Kdsauer

Please change them back! So disappointing.

These used to be my all time favourite lolly. They now taste terrible and are the wrong texture. I bought a bag and after tasting them, thought maybe they were old or had gone off, so I tried again recently and nope, same problem. Did some research online and wound up here, after reading they had been changed to be vegan friendly! I'm not sure any vegans even eat these! And why destroy a perfectly good lolly?

Changed For The Worse

The new Chico babies taste disgusting!!! I used to love these as a kid, now I can't stand them. Nestle, please please please change them back to what they used to be. Surely profits aren't that important, that you have to make your product taste like plastic and rubber! Read the reviews, hell do a nation wide survey - we don't want these! What will it take? A petition on change.org?

The Nescafé TeamNestle

Hi Islandgirl, thanks for the feedback. We've passed your comments onto the team in confectionery.

Islandgirl
Islandgirl

Thank you Nestle official... In 2 months I haven't seen any other form of change or response from you as a company. I think I will be starting a petition on change.org to bring this issue nationwide.

samantha

samantha

A Sad Sad Day

I just bought a pack of these and what the hell has happened to them!!! These used to be my favourite lolly. The flavour is non existent and they have a cheap rubbery texture. I'm so devastated. These were my go to lollies for movies and holidays, I used to buy them every 2 months.

Lolly lover

Lolly lover

Leave Chico Babies alone

These were once one of my all time favourite Lollies, until someone decided they needed to be changed. They have hardly any flavour and are like plastic ....don't mess with perfection !!!!!

Chico lollies are all of a sudden totally crap.

Chico lollies all of a sudden taste like rubbish, they have been my favourite all of my life, whatever you have changed has totally ruined them. No one will buy them unless you change back, they now taste horrible and feel totally wrong to chew on. I call in at every old dodgy service station that has less turnover of stock and buy all of their older chicks packets that do not have the "New Improved " written on the front of the packet and they are the only ones that taste as they should and not the new disgusting flavour.