Nestle Allens Fantales

Nestle Allens Fantales (page 2 of 2)

Morry

MorryEglinton NSW

Not what they used to be

Like all the last reviews, this product is NOT the same as it used to be. Like your other products (milko's , sherbies) the caramel is not hard and chewy like it used to be (as were the milko's and sherbies). Have you guys been sued for causing broken teeth or pulled fillings??? I've bought several packets over the last 12 months (fresh stock, and both winter and summer stock) to no avail. No longer on our shopping list.

Changed

were once my favorite Allens product... they have now changed and are terrible.
After reading other persons reviews it doesn't sound like I will be the only person to stop purchasing them.

Treen

TreenNew South Wales

What have you done!

Bought fantales for the first time today and was so disappointed to find out another manufacturer has meddled with a classic! I was expecting a chewy caramel and delicious chocolate coating, I got a cheap tasting chocolate with a horrible fudge centre. WHY! Why mess with the classics!

First Time eating Fantales for a while

Just bought a bag of Fantales after a fairly long period of time. What a disappointment. Cheap chocolate dreadful caramel and a smaller size. Won't be buying them again.What a shame. They were such a lovely treat.

Awful!

You have changed everything about the fantale that was so perfect and delicious! What has happened to the caramel! So disappointing, will not buy again. :(

Paula S

Paula SGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Another disaster Allens

Why change something that was already perfect. You've turned a nice hard caramel into a soft centre and I don't like the taste. Another great product gone. Unless it's changed back will never buy these again.

Beyond terrible

Terrible, the size has gotten so small, the next step is to just have a sniff of something that once was, never again.

Awfully disappointed!

I live overseas and buy fan takes whenever I'm home to take back with me... I've just opened a packet I purchased in June 2016 and found they are no longer a chewy caramel but more like a fudge... just awful!! What's happening in Australia... BBQ Shapes recipe changed and Allens fan tales too. So disappointed!!!

Love this!

I bought this at the end of my trip to Australia. I wish I tried it before I left the country - I would have bought a lot! I kept the family pack to myself. Love the texture. Not too sweet. Unfortunately, it's $46 for a 160g on Amazon.

Lynda

LyndaAdelaide

Very forgettable

Bought some chewy caramel ( which I thought was the only type anyway), sucked one instead of chewing to avoid possibility of removing a filling....it dissolved in my mouth!! More like a marshmallow than a fantale. Won't buy them again.

Make new trivia questions

The lollies are good but why don't they change the questions. Hadn't eaten them in ages and the questions were still the same.

Go back to the original recipe.

It was during my childhood in the late 1940s that I first acquired the Fantales habit. I've noticed that for the past few years the taste has progressively changed from that which I once liked. I don't buy them any more. And the same with Minties!!

Nestle
Nestle C.Nestle

Hi Allan, we're sorry to hear this. We haven't made any changes to the recipe of our ALLEN'S Fantales. I'f you'd like to chat further please call our Consumer Services team on 1800 025 361.

Rosemary

RosemaryPerth, WA

terrible - what happened to the Fantales I once loved and ate

Why mess with a good recipe? The new Fantales are like a new lolly but not in a good way. Chocolate is yuk and chewy caramel is no better. Awful, awful, awful

Vortex Spinner

Vortex SpinnerNorth Western Region, NSW

Very Soft Centre

The new Fantale is almost unrecognisable as it once was. The centre caramal is very soft and no longer has a smooth texture. The caramel feels more moussey and is no longer chewy. So sad.

Perfect cinema treat

These are the all time best movie-going treat in the world. We always bought a packet for any cinema session, saving the wrappers to read after the film. It's very disappointing that most cinemas don't stock the anymore. Love the chewy caramelly chocolatiness.

Nestle
Julie C.Nestle

We'd love all retailers to stock the whole ALLENS range. Feel free to let your local cinema know your thoughts! Hopefully they'll get in contact with us soon ;)

Repeated questions

Dear fantales
Although your lollies are deliciously morish we wish to bring to your attention the lack of variation of questions on the wrappers. We have been doing the fantale trivia challenge for some years now at our annual yearling convention we woul like you to step it up and update and improve your trivia questions because we have had 50 packets over 4 days and it's is no longer a challenge
Kind regards everyone that works at barree stud whom are now 5 kg heavier !
Mmmmmmm tasty
Repetiveness of questions

Fantales Fan
Fantales Fan

More Trivia

The fantale wrappers need more, new exciting trivia. Its 2013, and would be great if there was more of a variety and not the same trivia all the time. Everytime I get a packed of fantales, it always chops off half of the trivia and just leaves the answer to a different question... Please fix.
It tastes so amazing. I love the caramel and the chocolate which is actually proper chocolate :)
Toothache lol

I moved to australia for this!!!

They stopped selling them in New Zealand so I had to move to Australia. If you like werthers, caramel, butterscotch and chocolate you'll love having a gob full of this choc covered caramel!
the choc is not that cheapy plastic tasting stuff you can find on some lollies it is a thick worthy chocolate covering complimenting the buttery caramel inside! Win! So melty in your mouth in warm weather!!
When it's cold it'll be chewier before the melty goodness but who doesn't want to tounge caramel from their back teeth? I still love it cold from the fridge it's a good sucker.

Pazzaz
Pazzaz

I feel the same way towards Fantales too! They're delicious, however part of the actual trivia on the back is cut off unfortunately.

Babygiirl
Babygiirl

Yeah they need to add more updated trivia to make it even more interesting, i think i know all questions and answers they have on them :-)

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OK

These are nice lollies to try. I think if someone has sensitive dental issues these would not suit because they are a bit chewy and a bit hard too. Overall, these are nice choccies to have when you want something sweet to eat and not have a bit sized treat.
These are fun choccies that are tasty to eat. They are chewy caramels covered in a thin layer of milk chocolate. They also have some trivia on the wrappers which makes them a bit unique.
These are a bit sweet so I am only eat about 1 or 2, which may be a good thing!

butterflykiss

butterflykiss

Bad

I know Fantales are an alltime favourite for some, but I have never found them all that pleasant. Being a sweet tooth, but not a toffee fan, I find the toffee ruins the chocolate experience. They are overly chewy and sticky which is bad news for your teeth (and you when you have to discreetly pick the toffee out of your teeth!) The chocolate is nice but I think I will stick to maltesers and movie time.
Movie trivia, ok for something sweet
Very chewy and sticky, not pleasant to eat. Trivia on wrappers is often missing half the story

See all Nestle Allens Fantales reviews