Connoisseur Tub

Connoisseur Tub (page 2 of 3)

3.0

What's changed

I'm a huge fan of choc honey nougat - have had trouble getting it since the new flavours emerged. Excited when I recently saw it back on shelves. Bought the 1st tub and it tasted like it had been thawed and refrozen - gave the benefit of doubt and bought 3 tubs on special at a different store. All taste the same - the peices are soft and the ice cream is icy. Not pleasant. Will now not eat any of the four barley touched tubs in the freezer. What's changed? Very expensive ice cream now a waste of money. Disappointed.

foxy

foxyperth

Golden Syrup Yuk. But "Chocolate Honey Nougat" Now your talking !!!

Best ice cream I ever tasted and I should know as I have been eating ice cream for 80 years.

Is it even matcha green tea icecream??

Just tried the Connoisseur Matcha Greentea Ice cream. It was quite disappointing as I couldn't really taste the matcha flavour in it. Was expecting some bittersweet that should be apparent in the matcha ice-cream however could only taste the chocolate coating. Would recommend them to intensify the matcha flavour as well as making the chocolate coating matcha flavour as well.

Louis

LouisPerth

Matcha Green - No Matcha Green Tea taste at all.....

Good for not too sweet.
As for the green tra taste, there is no matcha green tea taste, just a bit of green colouring.
Should try the real Matcha gren tea ice cream, strong flavour and not too sweet.
This one is too fake....

Vanessa

VanessaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best tasting brownie ice cream!

Not too sweet like Harry's. Not too much overpowering brownies like Haagen Dazs or Maggie Beer's. This is the blend of perfect creaminess of ice cream with the right amount of brownies in your mouth you'll hear angels sing in every spoonful. Only missing is a crunch of a nut. Perhaps roasted almonds or walnuts would be best.

John

John

Has gone downhill in the past couple of years

Used to be the best grocery store ice-cream available in Australia, but it's just become very average these days. I heard that they changed their core ingredients. Sad to see.

Easily the worst ice cream that I've every had.

To put it simply, this new flavour is unpalatable. Everything from the container to the ice cream itself looked amazing. Until I tasted it. I can't even find words that can sufficiently describe how horrible it was. To say I was disappointed is putting it very lightly. I was almost reduced to tears. I had looked forward to this ice cream after an extremely gruelling and stressful week, and after eating this new flavour almost made me denounce ice cream. That's how horrid it was. It was nauseatingly sweet and tasted like bad cough syrup. The pine nuts somehow managed to make it taste even worse. Never again. Get yourselves some woolies homebrand ice cream guys and be happy.

Mouth full of chewy corn

The creaminess and flavour were enjoyable as I started to eat. Then I came across an 'interesting' ingredient - could this be corn kernels? Different. As the eating went on I found myself struggling against the accumulation of barely chewable corn, to the point I wanted to spit it all out into a napkin. Points for bravery, but not a winner at all.

Sue

SueWarners Bay

Goldens Syrup Ice Cream

I think the addition of corn bits(?) was abigistake.I thought they were plastic and I was going to return them to the shop!

Joke

Nice ice cream, but seriously the corn is an absolute joke. Was this tested before release??? Not a pleasant experience.

Angelie

AngelieSydney

Incomparable

No ice cream can still compare to this tub. It's smooth and creamy consistency is what gets me to buy it and stock them up in the fridge. I love the Chocolate Brownie and Raspberry with white choco. It is simply delicious and comforting from the first scoop off the tub until the last one.

Chris

ChrisAlberton

What on earth?

I seldom buy commercially made ice cream but I thought golden syrup sounded fabulous...until I tried it. Why, oh why, would anyone take a perfectly good tub of ice cream and stuff it chock-full of what are essentially slightly softened un-popped corn kernels? It's like someones idea of a joke. "Hey guys, lets do THIS and see if they're stupid enough to actually buy it! Mwaahahaha" Everyone who tried it at my place, ate it by sucking off the ice cream and spitting out the 'pips'. Never again.

Coles

Colesadelaide

Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness

Over a bowl of ice cream I found out there is a hippopotamus in Heart of Darkness. Years back someone mentioned that book and I said something along the lines of 'How's that bit with the hippopotamus' and whoever I was talking to (I forget) said ' What hippopotamus? There's no hippopotamus in Heart of Darkness' That was around 2004. I have doubted my judgement since. But tonight I was talking to my boyfriend about it and how it must have been a lucid dream where I rewrote Heart of Darkness. He googled 'hippopotamus and heart of darkness' and it turns out I was right! The texture was a bit weird, like it had melted and been refrozen.

Liz

LizGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bring back chocolate obsession

Really disappointed chocolate obsession has been deleted. None of the other flavors come close.
I tried the green tea flavor today. Not bad but no where near as good as some of the green tea ice creams I tried in Thailand. The other flavors seem over complicated and too heavy for my liking.

Burnt-Twice

Burnt-TwiceAU

Quality is Slipping

This ice cream used to be cream and milk. It has now been reformulated to be 31% cream and SKIM MILK.

In other words around 70% is gelatinous aerated water. For the same $10 a litre.

And the new flavours such as Golden Syrup and corn nuts are horrible

You were warned.

Never again...

This was our favourite bought ice cream until we recently discovered it contains Palm Oil. Until they change the recipe, we won't be buying it again and we'll be telling all our friends (loudly, via social media) to stop buying it as well, which they will.
In this day and age companies need to take some responsibility for the sourcing of their ingredients. Cafe Grande, I will miss you!!

marksullivan006

marksullivan006Camberwell

Best Ice Cream if not because of price

The price of the ice-cream is significantly more expensive than other brands but I think it is still definitely worth it.

Anna

Anna

The best ice cream in the whole world!

Delicious delicious delicious!!! I think I would not buy it for kids as an every day treat just because I don't have much money yet :). But when it's on sale sometimes you can't pass by it. Ice cream to die for. My favourite is classic vanilla as all flavoured ice creams I ate as a child now I'm stuck with vanilla for so many years.

Karyn

KarynElanora, Queensland

Amazing!

I bought this to accompany something at Christmas. Wow! Beautiful, creamy, smooth, tasty - best ice cream on the market! I've only had better in a fine restaurant.

Haylot

HaylotSydney

Delicious

I love this ice cream. The only down side is that my favourite flavour (choc obsession) is no longer available at woolies and Coles. Other flavours are great too, I particularly recommend the butterscotch and gingerbread flavour with chai syrup.

A little bit heavy on the sugar and fat though.
Tasty