Nestle Connoisseur Tub

Nestle Connoisseur Tub (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Ice Creams in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Louis

LouisPerth

Matcha Green - No Matcha Green Tea taste at all.....

Good for not too sweet.
As for the green tra taste, there is no matcha green tea taste, just a bit of green colouring.
Should try the real Matcha gren tea ice cream, strong flavour and not too sweet.
This one is too fake....

Vanessa

VanessaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best tasting brownie ice cream!

Not too sweet like Harry's. Not too much overpowering brownies like Haagen Dazs or Maggie Beer's. This is the blend of perfect creaminess of ice cream with the right amount of brownies in your mouth you'll hear angels sing in every spoonful. Only missing is a crunch of a nut. Perhaps roasted almonds or walnuts would be best.

John

John

Has gone downhill in the past couple of years

Used to be the best grocery store ice-cream available in Australia, but it's just become very average these days. I heard that they changed their core ingredients. Sad to see.

Easily the worst ice cream that I've every had.

To put it simply, this new flavour is unpalatable. Everything from the container to the ice cream itself looked amazing. Until I tasted it. I can't even find words that can sufficiently describe how horrible it was. To say I was disappointed is putting it very lightly. I was almost reduced to tears. I had looked forward to this ice cream after an extremely gruelling and stressful week, and after eating this new flavour almost made me denounce ice cream. That's how horrid it was. It was nauseatingly sweet and tasted like bad cough syrup. The pine nuts somehow managed to make it taste even worse. Never again. Get yourselves some woolies homebrand ice cream guys and be happy.

Mouth full of chewy corn

The creaminess and flavour were enjoyable as I started to eat. Then I came across an 'interesting' ingredient - could this be corn kernels? Different. As the eating went on I found myself struggling against the accumulation of barely chewable corn, to the point I wanted to spit it all out into a napkin. Points for bravery, but not a winner at all.

Sue

SueWarners Bay

Goldens Syrup Ice Cream

I think the addition of corn bits(?) was abigistake.I thought they were plastic and I was going to return them to the shop!

Joke

Nice ice cream, but seriously the corn is an absolute joke. Was this tested before release??? Not a pleasant experience.

Angelie

AngelieSydney

Incomparable

No ice cream can still compare to this tub. It's smooth and creamy consistency is what gets me to buy it and stock them up in the fridge. I love the Chocolate Brownie and Raspberry with white choco. It is simply delicious and comforting from the first scoop off the tub until the last one.

Chris

ChrisAlberton

What on earth?

I seldom buy commercially made ice cream but I thought golden syrup sounded fabulous...until I tried it. Why, oh why, would anyone take a perfectly good tub of ice cream and stuff it chock-full of what are essentially slightly softened un-popped corn kernels? It's like someones idea of a joke. "Hey guys, lets do THIS and see if they're stupid enough to actually buy it! Mwaahahaha" Everyone who tried it at my place, ate it by sucking off the ice cream and spitting out the 'pips'. Never again.

Coles

Colesadelaide

Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness

Over a bowl of ice cream I found out there is a hippopotamus in Heart of Darkness. Years back someone mentioned that book and I said something along the lines of 'How's that bit with the hippopotamus' and whoever I was talking to (I forget) said ' What hippopotamus? There's no hippopotamus in Heart of Darkness' That was around 2004. I have doubted my judgement since. But tonight I was talking to my boyfriend about it and how it must have been a lucid dream where I rewrote Heart of Darkness. He googled 'hippopotamus and heart of darkness' and it turns out I was right! The texture was a bit weird, like it had melted and been refrozen.

Liz

LizGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bring back chocolate obsession

Really disappointed chocolate obsession has been deleted. None of the other flavors come close.
I tried the green tea flavor today. Not bad but no where near as good as some of the green tea ice creams I tried in Thailand. The other flavors seem over complicated and too heavy for my liking.

Burnt-Twice

Burnt-TwiceAU

Quality is Slipping

This ice cream used to be cream and milk. It has now been reformulated to be 31% cream and SKIM MILK.

In other words around 70% is gelatinous aerated water. For the same $10 a litre.

And the new flavours such as Golden Syrup and corn nuts are horrible

You were warned.

Never again...

This was our favourite bought ice cream until we recently discovered it contains Palm Oil. Until they change the recipe, we won't be buying it again and we'll be telling all our friends (loudly, via social media) to stop buying it as well, which they will.
In this day and age companies need to take some responsibility for the sourcing of their ingredients. Cafe Grande, I will miss you!!

marksullivan006

marksullivan006Camberwell

Best Ice Cream if not because of price

The price of the ice-cream is significantly more expensive than other brands but I think it is still definitely worth it.

Anna

Anna

The best ice cream in the whole world!

Delicious delicious delicious!!! I think I would not buy it for kids as an every day treat just because I don't have much money yet :). But when it's on sale sometimes you can't pass by it. Ice cream to die for. My favourite is classic vanilla as all flavoured ice creams I ate as a child now I'm stuck with vanilla for so many years.

Karyn

KarynElanora, Queensland

Amazing!

I bought this to accompany something at Christmas. Wow! Beautiful, creamy, smooth, tasty - best ice cream on the market! I've only had better in a fine restaurant.

Haylot

HaylotSydney

Delicious

I love this ice cream. The only down side is that my favourite flavour (choc obsession) is no longer available at woolies and Coles. Other flavours are great too, I particularly recommend the butterscotch and gingerbread flavour with chai syrup.

A little bit heavy on the sugar and fat though.
Tasty
Can't eat it everyday

Léna Okrugin

Léna OkruginSydney, Australia

Wow...

I was never really big on Ice Cream...until now. The flavor that changed me is the Cafe Grande. It's simply amazing. The crunchy chocolate coated almonds, the coffee ice cream is so well balanced by the Grand Manier swirl. Yeah, it is on the pricey side, but I would say its worth it.

Tubs are small, but cost a lot.

Zoidie

ZoidiePerth, WA

The best of the supermarket tubs

I like all the flavours but I adore the Vanilla and the Cookies and Cream. I was very excited to come across the Strawberry flavour one day as my Woolworths doesn't seem to stock it. Oh it is just as heavenly as all the others and worth making a special trip for! Yes it is pricey but I feel that the quality ingredients and flavour justify the cost. It comes up on special regularly.
Everything. It is perfect.

eatit

eatitHobart

Possibly the Best (Supermarket) Icecream in Australia!

For me Connoisseur Ice cream is in a class all on its own, and I have long enjoyed this iconic Australian brand. The Classic Vanilla is about as good as ice cream gets, the balance of rich creamy flavor and perfect mouth melt texture is heavenly. Also It has no added air, there is 10 to 20% air in the flavored ice creams (weigh them) BTW there can be up to 60% air in the nasty cheep Peters and Streets or homebrands that can barely be called ice cream.
My only fear is that now Nestle have the brand the marketing department will say that the manufacturing costs are too high and will find it necessary over time to reduce the quality or add air? lets hope not!