Nestle Milo

Nestle Milo

See the Best Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Nestle

Plant Based?

Just bought Milo as I've run out. There was something not right, I didn't read the label, my fault. The label reads "Plant Based" not good. Maybe change the label so its more obvious.

Purchased in September 2021.

Differentiate labeling between Original and Plant based MILO

I incorrectly thought 'Plant Based Energy' referred to the MILO product in general, not an alternative. It was horrid, bitter, powdery, and formed large muddy clumps at the bottom of the glass. Would never have purchased MILO again of If hadn't been made aware there were 2 different MILOS ( & I had to come here to find that out ).

Purchased in August 2021 at Woolworths.

Jane

Went in to the link and didn't see a tin called 'classic' Milo. There was something called ActivGo ... I'm assuming this is what you're referring to ? The packaging is obscure and confusing at best.

LindySydney, NSW

Way too much SUGAR

This product is now so sweet it's not drinkable for me.
Why do manufacturers of products aimed at children keep adding more sugar?
I've now given up Milo and replaced it with hot milk.

Purchased in June 2021 at Coles.

The Nestlé TeamNestle

Hi Lindy, we can confirm that we have not made any recent changes to our classic MILO recipe, including the sugar.
You might like to try new MILO 30% less added sugar which contains no added cane sugar. https://bit.ly/3ndgLKz

Lindy

Thanks. That's possibly what I tried. Artificial sweeteners may taste sweeter than sugar.

Dave
DavePerth, WA

Taste change of Milo

It looks different and taste like mud.it was bad enough when you changed it 8 or 9 years ago. Never buy again. How could U guys get it so wrong a price rise or smaller cans would have been better how many companies get stuffed up because of bean counters.

Purchased in August 2021 for $6.00.

Loulou
LoulouGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Plant based Milo

We couldn’t work out why the last tin of Milo we purchased tasted so horrible. Then noticed very faint Plant Based signage on label. Didn’t even know there was such a thing. I suggest you change the colour of the label so it is not mistaken for regular Milo. The plant based Milo is absolutely disgusting in flavour!

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles.

The FoodieCentral West, NSW

Plant based milo is disgusting

I accidentally bought a tin of plant based milo.

Before I realised what it was I made a cuppa, I took a mouthful and spat it out.

Waste of money, threw the rest of the tin out.

Purchased in August 2021 at Woolworths for $7.00.

The Foodie

Given the amount of people who have been caught out the same way maybe it is time you changed your packaging to make it easier for people to make their choices.

Nick T.
Nick T.Sydney, NSW

Plant based Tastes aweful.

This looks like normal milo apart from a small light logo that says plant based and then the writting on the can says it is as well but thinking it is anything resembling milo inside is a mistake. It tastes aweful. Not worth consuming at all. If your vegan or lactose intolerant you are better off going without milo than trying this

Purchased in August 2021 at Woolworths for $5.00.

The Nestlé TeamNestle

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Ripped Off!

I didn't even know there was a plant based Milo. Grabbed a tin off the shelf at Woollies and just now made a drink.
Yuk! - really awful. $7 down the drain as it's going in the bin. How many others have been ripped off like this? The tin should be made to look a lot different to original milo. Very deceitful.

Purchased in July 2021 at Woolworths for $7.00.

The Nestlé TeamNestle

Oops! We're sorry to hear you grabbed the wrong tin. Check out our range of MILO tins and packaging here for reference https://milo.com.au/products/powders ❤️☕

rob
robNew South Wales

Plant base crap

Picked up plant base milo by mistake well its got returned to the plants i emptied contents into garden , should have a different colour milo tin for this product as not to be picked up by mistake

Purchased in July 2021 at Coles Supermarkets for $5.00.

Christine Harris
Christine HarrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love original milo

Please stop changing the milo!!
I picked up the healthier version, by accident, yuk, sorry its gross. And whats with 30% less sugar. Please leave it alone. I grew up always having milo after school or on ice cream. I love the original Milo, its the best, especially as a hot milo in Winter, yumm.. Not sure if anyone else agrees with me but im finished my rant. Thanks

Purchased in July 2021 at Coles for $5.00.

Trish
Trish

Plant based energy dairy alternative Milo don’t buy

I hope I can find the normal usual Milo - this is most disappointing to have purchased.
I wouldn’t suggest buying it. Does not taste like the normal Milo. I have wasted my money.

Purchased in July 2021 at Woolworths Physical store.

Scott
ScottNortheast, VIC

Erroneous purchase: plant based Milo = 1 full Milo tin thrown in the rubbish with the rest of the garbage.

Accidental purchase. Revolting product. How did this even make it past testing? This drink is somehow even less palatable than one might imagine from reading the label. Asphalt could compete with this on the taste, texture and smell tests with a great chance of emerging the winner. If this departure from good taste is to be an ongoing product; please change the label completely so that unintentional purchases are not repeated. I’m not impressed.

Find out how Nestle Milo compares to other Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Totally sux! All I taste in my hot cup of milo is coconut.

Totally sux! All I taste in my hot cup of milo is coconut. Won’t be buying it again. Extremely disappointed. If I wanted to be vegan I would be. I wish manufacturers would stop ramming ‘plant based’ down our throats. As for less sugar, it just means we add more ourselves… stupid really. Why change something that was perfect just the way it was.

Purchased in June 2021 at Coles for $10.00.

Don
DonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Milo Plant Based equals the taste of Oats, not Chocolate

I had a cup of Milo last night and tasted Oats, thought that was unusual, discovered on close examination of the tin that it was a new “plant based” formula.
Suggest that Nestle make the branding/ labelling of this product more visually different as they will loose a well established customer base. If I wanted something that tasted like oats I would have porridge, not Milo.
Personally I dislike the taste that much I have thrown the freshly opened tin in the bin.

Purchased in June 2021.

The Nestlé TeamNestle

Thanks for your feedback Don. Explore the full range of MILO products here https://milo.com.au/products/powders

Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Milo 30% les sugar

Sorry guys, this is a miss for me, just had first tase and put the tin in the bin.
Very dissapointed in the new tast, I guess thats why we like sugar

Purchased in June 2021 for $7.00.