4Nestle NAN Comfort

Nestle NAN Comfort Questions & Answers (page 4)

Ali83
Ali83 · NAN Comfort 1

How does this formula go with silent reflux and also colic?

Belinda
Belinda

My son got reflux but I didn’t want to switch formulas so tried infants friend used for two weeks then reflux disappeared.

Christo
Christo · NAN Comfort 1

My baby is 7 nearly 8 weeks okd and doesnt seem to last long between feeds and wakes regular during the night with Nan Comfort but seems to take to the formula very well and doesnt get constipated or reflux. Any suggestions as to thickner or what to do?

JiggyJarJarDoo
JiggyJarJarDoo

It’s probably a growth spurt, which is normal for that age. Download the Wonderweeks app, I think it’s $1.99, but it holds a lot of valuable information on development stages and what to expect during certain weeks. Don’t change the formula thickness or anything, maybe just try upping the amount, don’t rely on what the tins says he/she should be having, give them what they want.

Milad B
Milad B · NAN Comfort 3

How many scoops for 100 ml?

Deborah
Deborah

30mls of water to 1 scoop

Justine
Justine

Yes 30ml of water to 1 scoop.

Its 7 scoops for a full 210ml bottle.

San Jo
San Jo · NAN Comfort 1

Hi anybody here experience constipated baby after taking NAN comfort?

Sez
Sez

I didn’t, but I was breastfeeding as well,

My neice is exclusively formula fed and my sister found putting a few drops of gripe water into baby’s morning bottle worked :)

HanB
HanB

If you have just changed to the formula it may take a week or 2 for bub to adjust. Try to use the whole tin before changing to something else if no luck. A few days no poo is completely normal when changing formulas It is a very gentle formula so I would suggest bub will adjust and go to pooing daily or 2 daily. If they do get to 3 days some baby coloxyl will soften for when she passes and help move along

MUG81
MUG81 · NAN Comfort 1

We are mixed feeding and provide up to 1 bottle of NAN comfort a day, maybe every other day. It is SO wasteful! I am about to throw out another hardly-used tin!! Is there a way to preserve the remaining formula from the tin ie. can it be frozen?

TIA :)

Alaa
Alaa · NAN Comfort 1

The milk after preparation the cosistancy like a gel and contain granules

Is this normal or this package is in valid???

Newborn0917 · NAN Comfort 1

Our newborn is now 2 months old we went from Aptamil to Nan Comfort as our baby was gassy, now she is suffering from rash all over her body instantly, slow eating and sleepy when started on Nan comfort. Any recommendations?

Alison
Alison

Not seen this before sorry. I would be going to a baby nurse or Dr.

Iryna
Iryna

Hi. I'd recommend to switch from Nan comfort to NAN with mark HA. HA - it is hypoallergenic which means that bub is less likely to have a bad reaction and much easier for bubby's body to digest it

Newborn0917

Thank you for your advices.

Megan B · NAN Comfort 1

Has anyone experienced while using nan comfort that your baby is constantly hungry and windy and wanting more frequent feeds?

Clarissa
Clarissa

Yes - except for the wind. My baby eats more than the required dose on the tin. For a 6 week old she drinks 120ml every 2-3 hours. Not 150ml 5 times a day.

Megan B

My baby seems very gassy and drinking 180mls 2-3 hrs at 11weeks old. Has anyone changed formula and seems too work?

Susan K
Susan K

Yes I just changed from Aldi formula as he was only pooping once a week and seemed to be in pain a few days before the poo. He was sleeping 5 hour block and then 4 hour block overnight with the Aldi formula. Now he is pooping once a day on Nan comfort but feeding every 3 hours now

Narin
Narin · NAN Comfort 1

Hi all,

I've changed to an comfort and the past two days she has formed this rash all over her body. Before that she was on s26 which I didn't notice anything happening.

However she is only getting two bottle of formula a day the red rmt breastmilk. She also has mucus in her poo since she has been about 2 months old she is now 4 months old. Could the rash be from having an allergy to cows diary or the formula. No rash was occurring when she was on my milk.

Is anyone else's child out there suffering from cows diary please help?

Andii
Andii

I cant technically really give a proper answer but this was the second formula we tried the only draw back i would say for our baby is having a bit of discomfort when she poops its not as bad as when she was on the other one though persevere you will work out whats right for your bubbs goodluck hun

Shiff
Shiff

Yes it is because of cows milk my baby also have this problem. Dr give her nan ha 1 but she dont take it at all so i again switch her to nan optipro 1. I am still not sure which infant formula should i give her. Sahha infant milk suit her but i di not find this brand again. So i let her drink nan pro and just waiting for her to start ceralac after 1 month. I have no other option. I have tried many brands but they dont work at al.

Liz · NAN Comfort 1

My baby is 7 weeks old and is on nan ha optiopro gold but his always in pain from gas from the bottom end he was doing a poo every two days but now it's every third day. I'm thinking of changing to nan comfort.any suggestions and does nan comfort cause constipation?

Loolo
Loolo

It did not with my baby. .. its the most gentle on tummies trust me

Lyn
Lyn

Hi Liz, I've used Nan comfort for my boy during his 1st week and then 9-12 weeks and he poos a big load everyday (greenish rather than mustard color though). From my experience, in general,

whenever he seems a little constipated, I add an extra 10ml of water when making his milk. So for Nan, it's 2 scoops of powder for 120ml of water, I'll alter it to 130ml of water and I'll do that for 3 out of 7 of his feed. Sometimes it's just a bit of dehydration. I've checked with my midwife and she's happy for me to do so. I hope that helps.

Liz

Thanks his been screaming all day with a tummy ache and gets worse after he does a poo,He gets no sleep during the day as his in to much pain and was up every 2 hours last night screaming so I will try nan comfort and see if that helps him

miss k
miss k

hi my baby had constipation while using nan opti pro 2 so i switched to nan comfort 2 and he hasnt had constipation since den

Harry
Harry · NAN Comfort 1

How do people prepare this formula? I see heaps of comments saying how easy it is but it says to prepare it at 40 degrees, how long does it take for boiled water in the kettle to cool down to 40 degrees (we do not have a thermometer)? Cheers

SingaporeGirl
SingaporeGirl

Hi Harry,

Every day I boil fresh water and keep it in a jug specially for baby. I pour the water into the bottle and then scoop in the formula. Shake and then I put the prepared bottle into a cup of boiling water till it's reached the right temperature (test the milk on the inside of your wrist - it should be warm with no hint of smarting).

Hope this helps!

Tiana
Tiana · NAN Comfort 1

Hey mummas I just switched my 4moth old son to nan comfort 1 from SMA and his poo's have changed to a dark green. Is this normal? Anyone else's baby doing dark green poo's on the nan comedy formula?

Renee
Renee

Yes my daughters poos are bright green colour most times...

bek
bek · NAN Comfort 1

why isnt nan comfort in stock in most coles and woolworths as my daughter is on it and so hard to find?

Vicki
Vicki

Excellent question! I don't know the answer but I encountered the same problem. I gave up on Coles/Woolies after a while and would always just get it from Chemist Warehouse or Big W (I found CW always had it in stock and had the best price - Big W a bit more expensive)

kevin rudd
kevin rudd

Hi Bek, have you been to coles late at night and seen groups of asians with shopping trolly's filled with baby formula? I have and so has a lot of other people. What they do is clean out the shelf and send it to china to organised crime gangs-who then sell on to poor families at exorbitant prices. The chinese dont like their own formula due to health concerns. This is the reason you will have trouble finding some for your own child. Other asians buy in bulk from coles and woolies and then stock their shelves in their 'gifts from Australia' shops like the ones in Rhodes (Sydney). They send these products to china in the guise of 'gifts' but are actually going to the crime gangs. The Australian government knows and does nothing---to place this in context, the largest exporter of 'gift packs' to china has publicly stated that Australia is the only country dumb enough to let this happen.

Enough said.

Kevin.

Chelsea
Chelsea

I’ve been hearing a lot lately that there is actually a rebrand happening. Nan comfort ones factory is apparently moving from France to Switzerland and they are changing the packaging. For that reason there is non on the shelves. I would go to chemist warehouse usually if supermarkets were empty but unfortunately there all sold out now too!
I’m thinking we are going to all have to change to a different formula as it’s going to be a while before it’s back on the shelves. It’s sold out most places online now too

Kizza · NAN Comfort 1

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my daughter who is 7 days old she is vomiting after every bottle & is hungry all the time i have tried S26 GOLD, NAN OPTIPRO HA GOLD & is currently on APTAMIL AR GOLD but still vomiting & hasn't done a poo for 2 days. Any help?

Bryshadazels
Bryshadazels

I would. All the midwife of health centre nurse or cal nurse on call fir the best support

Up date:

My baby girl has been in hospital for the past 2 weeks she had to have surgery due to having Pyloric stenosis & that was the reason why she keeped vomiting.

Missygirl
Missygirl

Our first born vomited after every feed. She had a milk protein allergy and was put on Aptimal Pepti Junior. A scripted hypoallergenic formula! Might be worth getting it checked out :-) Good luck

Vicky L · NAN Comfort 1

Hi, I'm having trouble with my newborn. When I was pregnant I bought a container or the original NAN ha gold 1 and he was fine then I bought the new optiopro HA 1 and the poor thing vomits and has very bad wind and screams in pain when trying to do a poo. Is it worth switching to Nan comfort? Or wait it out?

H E E
H E E

I tried the nan ha with my last baby and it had the same effect, it was horrible so changed to man comfort and he did very well on it. With our newest baby we are finding the blackmores formula is really good. Very gentle on tummy and bub is a lot less spewy on it. Also it didn't constipate him. It would b my first choice followed by nan comfort. The nan ha was the worst formula I've used. Hope this helps

Amy
Amy

I found the ha did the same to my little one. To be honest I've tried quite a lot of formulas with his reflux and this is the only one that settles him and doesn't cause any tummy discomfort. It could be worth a try. You will soon know if it doesn't agree with your little one.

Vicky L

Thank you very much! I've gone out and bought the Nan comfort and he's already more settled! I can't believe what a difference it has made already. Thank god! I will never use the ha again

Biju
Biju · NAN Comfort 2

My baby girl has just turned 6 months and started solid...we have been giving her NAN comfort 1till 6 months and now started NAN pro gold 2 recently and she is constipated after that.what would you recommend for her?

Jane
Jane

My son did not go well with Nan Pro Gold before either, so I continued using the next one which is Comfort 2 for him and he was fine. Later, there is no Comfort 3, I changed to S26, and he is on S26, stage 3.

Hope this helps.

Niki
Niki

There actually is a comfort 3 available at most coles woolies big w

Lisa
Lisa · NAN Comfort 1

Is nan comfort available in NZ?

Stephie

No idea. You can buy it in the supermarket in Aus so I don't see why you couldn't get it in NZ

neha · NAN Comfort 1

i am breastfeeding my 3 week old boy but try to introduce nan pro gold for one time feed but he vomits a lot after that even my bf . Should i try nan comfort?

Stephie

If he's vomitting a lot maybe he has reflux?? If he does have reflux he needs the formula / breast milk to be thicker. I would go to the GP to confirm that he has reflux and then go from there. They will advise you on what to do.

neha

thnks for your view but i tried 30 ml daily for 2 days he was alright didnt vomit but now one thing which is worrying me is that he didnt poop from one day .what should i do

Mischakate
Mischakate

My son did this, I found that infacol drops are great. You could also try gripe water, if Bub doesn't bring up wind well give some boiled plain water then try burping( only a sip or two) worked great for my boy.

Risha
Risha · NAN Comfort 1

My baby is almost 3 months old now and I have been using mixed feed for him (breast feed, expressed breast milk & formula). Since beginning I have been using Nan comfort but now I am in different country for few months where Nan pro is available instead of Nan comfort. What is the difference between Nan comfort and Nan pro and will it be fine to switch over one formula to other for my baby?

Risha

Hey Risha,

I wish I could help you with your question but I personally never used Nan pro

I'd suggest look on google at the ingredients on the two that would show you the difference between them

If nan comfort isn't available I would assume switching to the pro would be fine but listen to your baby or ask your local doctor for advice also :)

Best of luck

Stephie

Nan comfort is suppose to be softer on your baby's stomach. It's suppose to be good for children with colic but I never found that it was any good. I'm not sure about the pro. Sorry.

tarren
tarren · NAN Comfort 1

Hi I'm finding my 3 week old boy doesn't seem full on this formula has anyone else had this issue?

Ellena B

No I didn't have this problem maybe speak to a chemist or your doctor for a thickener to be added? Sorry not much help good luck

Get an answer from our members and Nestle representatives

Select a listing for your question
Nestle NAN Comfort