Part of Nestle NAN OPTIPRO 3.7

2.5

Joshua
Joshua
  2 Follow-On

Bad batch or bad product

Really bad smell.
I returned the can thinking it was a bad can due to storage. 2nd can just as bad.
We used Optipro 2 for our first child there was no smell.
Baby doesn’t like the new formula hard to get him to drink the bottle, concerned the batch is contaminated.
Every time I open the can the pungent smell makes me fell like I am going to vomit.
I have over 60 nieces and nephews, many who have been on formula and I have never smelt formula this bad. If the smell is not normal nestle needs to recall Optipro 2 formula.
I called the customer phone number other customers were given to explain my concern but 2 time they hung up on me. Show details
JImmy
JImmy2 posts

Smells like kitty litter

The formula smells like kitty litter, it is revolting. #1 wasn't like this.
Will be changing to a different brand. Show details
Helen
HelenSydney, NSW

what is wrong with it

My baby was fine initially from the switch to stage 2 but then i’ve noticed a really off smell in the recent tins it smells like it’s off i thought it was just me but it’s always clumpy and never mixes well and my daughter has had bad diarrhoea for a week now Show details
Мила С.
Мила С.

The smell

Used to be an ok formula, 2 kids took it. But recently turned to a formula with horrendous fishy smell. Baby not drinking it nicely. Unfortunately will change to another product. Show details
Nestle   DM

Hi Мила С, We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please reach out to your healthcare professional if you have any concerns or for advice, and for further information about the product our Careline team can be contacted on 1800 468 8736.

Rebekah M.
Rebekah M.Sydney, NSW

The smell is horrendous

I don’t think my kid has had any kind of reaction to the stage 2 formula other than I think he’s thrown off by the smell because he hasn’t finished a bottle since I changed him over.
The smell is absolutely foul, how did that pass to production… it smells like dog food. It’s so bad that im changing formula simply because im unable to feed my son or make a bottle without feeling nauseous from the smell. Show details
Nestle   DM

Hi Rebekah, we are sorry to hear about your experience. If you have any concerns, please reach out to your healthcare professional or for any further information about the product please contact our Careline team on 1800 468 8736.

Pauline
Pauline
  Verified 2 Follow-On

Nestle NAN OPTPRO 2 follow-On Formula-1.8KG

Big No I can not believe such nice packed colorfully packaging turn to this horrible....switch from lactogen follow up 2 to this turns to the pain as my daughter can’t stomach at first thought am not preparing right as it’s got lumps/sorrow taste and look guess until I got to the reviews of the brands am shocked. Changed that goes total regrettable Show details
Clare Bannon
Clare Bannon3 posts
  2 Follow-On

Not a good experience with this formula

My baby was breastfed until 5 months and then migrated her to formula. She took it no problem. At 6 months, I tried her on this formula as we were travelling in Scandinavia and this is all we could get. She took it, reluctantly, and was sick throughout the day and did explosive poos as soon as she drank it. Pretty sure it was diarrhoea. She wasn’t well when drinking this stuff. Smells funky, and she couldn’t tolerate it.
Nestle   DM

Hi Clare, we are sorry to hear about your experience. If you have any concerns, please reach out to your healthcare professional for advice, or for further information about the product our Careline team can be contacted by phone on 1800 468 8736.

Disappointed Mumma Bear
Disappointed Mumma BearSydney, NSW
  2 Follow-On

Smells off wasted so much money

smells off like milk has gone bad. I've thrown out 2 quarter to full tins! 1 in Fiji and rushed to shop to buy a diff brand and 1 here. I have a 3rd tin baby is currently using but will be throwing it out also as I can't stand the smell anymore and baby himself smells bad because of it ! Not happy at all. I trusted this brand and only used nan optipro for all 3 of my kids now have to find a different brand to use that smells normal Show details
Shnickers48
Shnickers48Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Smelly product. So disappointed

My first son used this 3 years ago. Daughter using now but it smells so so foul. Put her back onto stage one till I decide what to do. Don’t know why it smells so bad when number 1 is fine. Show details
Jayjay_Ja
Jayjay_JaSydney3 posts

Yuck don't purchase

I can't believe I bottle fed my bub this foul smelling formula twice and realising something didn't feel right about it. Ended up buying a different formula. Don't understand why it smells bad as the Nan OptiPro 1 wasn't like this and noticed stage 2 formula is made in a different country (France). My bub did have a reflux from this and didnt like it, don't blame him! Show details
Nestle   DM

Hi Jayjay_Ja, we are sorry to hear about your experience. If you have any concerns, please reach out to your healthcare professional or for further information about the product please contact our Careline team on 1800 468 8736.

Keyuri
Keyuri

Awful smell

It has horrible smell. My baby refused to drink and vomitted. Please don’t buy this product. My baby used to drink Nestle NAN opti pro 1. Now baby turns six months old and brought opti pro 2. Very bad smell and baby refused to drink it. Not happy with product. Company has to review it and change ingredients. Also need to give money back. Show details
Nestle   DM

Hi Keyuri, we are sorry to hear about your experience. If you have any concerns, please reach out to your healthcare professional or for further information about the product please contact our Careline team on 1800 468 8736

Shona
ShonaVictoria

Terrible

This new formula is terrible. Has a horrible smell, my baby refuses it after absolutely loving it in the past. It’s giving her extreme stomach pain. Not happy at all. Show details
Nestle   DM

Hi Shona, we are sorry to hear about your experience. If you have any concerns, please reach out to your healthcare professional or for further information about the product please contact our Careline team on 1800 468 8736.

Wilmari
Wilmari

Perfect but disappointed

My baby loves drinking Nan optipro and has no side affects BUT on the follow up (number 2) why can't you give a bigger spoon? Like 1 spoon=2 spoons. With a 6 month old is really hard to throw in all 8 spoons. At the end of making of the bottle we struggle with a crying baby.  Show details ·  1
Kylie
Kylie
  Verified 2 Follow-On

Why call it improved…

no choice if bottle feeding as moved from the “previous” formula to this. started the new optipro 2 formula… has more bubbles when shake or when being drank. Changed on ingredients to less but increased sodium (salt). Haven’t has a problem ever on preparing formula.
Nestle   DM

Hi Kylie, we’re sorry to hear this and for further advice, please reach out to your healthcare professional or if you would like to speak with us for further information about the product, please contact our Careline team on 1800 468 8736.

Thi
ThiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Fair Incentive 2 Follow-On

Very very bad

I don't know why they change the ingredients. Very bad smell , make my son scare of milk now and he got diarhea too ! The old one very good ! I thought they are same ingredients that why I bought i lot . Now can't drink it ! Shouldn't buy this  Show details
Nestle   DM

Hi Thi, we’re sorry to hear this. If you have any concerns, please reach out to your healthcare professional or for further information about the product please contact our Careline team on 1800 468 8736.