NetComm AC1600 NF17ACV

NetComm AC1600 NF17ACV (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kel B

Kel B

Works great at times

We have recently switched to NBN and this router is the one provided to us with our service provider. It works fairly well and was easy to set up. At times we have to switch it off because the internet is slow or hot working but I'm not sure if this is because of the router or the actual NBN itself.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

McDev

McDevPerth, WA

Great!

I bought this modem under an NBN company I was going it. I thought they just wanted to sell it for a percentage and something.. but then as I research this modem, there really are very good feedbacks from it for it's price! Good thing I didn't buy other cheap ones. Good internet on this!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Sam

SamPerth

Good for a big famy house

Fast Internet with this modem. We use computers and tablets. We watch tv(netflix) and mobile phones.
The light turns red if there is no internet. It is user friendly. I recommend this modem for homes. I am not sure for businesses as we use it at home. Happy with the speed.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Ezy

EzyWA, 6164

Good overall but has a limit of 15 clients per band

I received this modem from aussie broadband when I moved on to NBN. It is a decent modem considering the price is not that high. It provided me good consistent speed & coverage so far. The only downside is that I can only connect 15 max hosts per band (15 with 2.4 Ghz & 15 with 5Ghz). I have around 30 ioT devices in my house who do not require a lot of bandwidth but need connectivity all the time. Most of IoT devices are on 2.4Ghz band and I can only connect 15 with this modem. As a workaround, I have connected another AP in bridge mode with this modem and connected my remaining IoT devices with the 2nd AP. But I do not understand the hardcoded limit of max 15 hosts.

Olya

OlyaSydney

Reliable and strong signal

I bought this router as a replacement and found that it works well in our apartment. The modem is stable and the signal is strong. I do not need to use a wifi extender and we have 7 devices connected via wifi. It is not that stylish in comparison with some other routers but then again we have it in the back room. I would recommend this router to anyone looking for a good reliable connection.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

JT

JTMelbourne

Move A Lot or Unsure of What Your Connection Will Be? Get This!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Zhikun

ZhikunSydney

Ok value but not strong signal

This was the router provided as a package deal from my internet provider, and the set up was pretty simple. After using it for a few months, I think it is quite stable. However I probably would not recommend it to someone living in a big house – I live in a relatively small apartment but there are already a few corners with weak signals I have noticed.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Egla Mertkola

Egla MertkolaAU

Not a good one

I did buy it from the company when i did get the internet connection but i have to return it once as i had another device which didn`t get internet from this. Costumer service is terrible. I did send many proof that i had send the device back, but they still wanted to charge me for it. Until i phoned au post who solved the issue.

Leon

Leon

Nice value for the price

I bought it from amaysim as part of their nbn bundle, so the price was lower than when bought retail. Given that, I'm pretty happy with it - it's reliable and allows all necessary configuration (in my prev. modem I especially missed DHCP address assignments). I noticed no issues with speed and all my 6 devices work just fine anywhere in my 2-bedroom apartment despite radio, especially in 2.4Ghz range, is pretty crowded.

Lynda

LyndaSydney

Perfect range modem

When I was on the market for a new router because my old one was playing up, I contacted Netcomm and asked for their recommendation. They recommended NetComm AC1600. I looked up a few stores to find the best price and ordered one online. It was not easy to set up though and I had to call customer support and they guided me through the rest of the process. At home, it works well and I no longer need a Wifi extender as the range is good.

Kara

Kara

Happy

This was part of the deal when i signed up for nbn on dodo, finally my internet is reliable. Did need the technician to come help me set it up because i am computer illiterate, but now since then has been fantastic no complaints here, and much more visually appealing then my previous eyesore

Nel66

Nel66Sydney

My favourite brand of modems

I had a few Netcomm modems in the past and when I was on the market for a new modem, I called the manufacturer to see which model will suit me best. I explained the requirements of the range and how many devices I am planning to connect and they recommended this model. I had no regrets with my choice and I feel that it is very good value for money.

Ali

AliQueensland, 4208

Very happy, works beautifully

First experience with a modem & delighted at the ease of use and the signal range. Can connect multiple devices without any hindrance to performance. Full range throughout the entire house. Arrived preconfigured, so simple plug and play. Haven't encountered any difficulties or delays connecting devices and no issues or drop outs whilst connected. If you are new to modems or require a user friendly device which works without any problems and is reasonably priced I highly recommend the AC1600 NF17ACV

George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Love it

I have been using D-link dsl-2890al dual band modem for a long, however, I was looking for a best deal for a VOIP modem. Finally, I found this device, which was supplied when I took a new NBN connection with the ISP, This has both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi. I have tested the wifi speed on both frequencies, and noticed 2.4GHZ speed is not reliable, but 5 GHZ works good. I am very happy with the router, the only negative side of it is configuration of modem is not easy compared to the earlier D-link modem I had. You would need some guidance from ISP to set this up.

Mikey

MikeyAU

crap

this dodgy piece of junk has not even the capability off giving off a one metre wifi signal. It is the one you pay good money for with iprimus internet service provider set up package. We threw ours in the bin after the second day because the netgear router and modem one i bought to replace this was only $110 and its like strengthened its wifi sgnal by 100

Date PurchasedSep 2016
geoff.mayhew

geoff.mayhewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Solid router with VOIP

This device was supplied by our new ISP as I wanted a preconfigured VOIP ready, FTTP capable router with both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi, with 4 Ethernet plugs and 2 USB for other peripherals.
Well it is a beauty, easy to tweak with two SSID names for the two Wifi channels, and easy to change the channel bands so as to avoid interference from neighbour's routers.
It has run solidly for two months without problem, but as with all my devices I reboot every 4 weeks to keep it fresh.
My only compaint is that it cannot be wall mounted so has to sit on a shelf.

Craig

CraigMelbourne

Excellent Value and Performance

GiMi

GiMiQueensland

Excellent unit

I have received one of this units as part of the plan I've signed up for with an Australian IP, and can't fault its quality and capabilities at all. It came preconfigured, but the little bits of customisation that I've wanted to do were very easy to achieve and I found the interface to be very user friendly and easy to navigate. We've experienced range issues with other routers in the past, but are definitely not having the same problems since switching to this machine...in fact, I'm often surprised by its range well outside the building. We also use a VoIP phone service through it and it is absolutely flawless.

I'm very happy with how it performs and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Bumper

BumperMelbourne

Great Router

This is a great router, i am getting 24.4 Mbps out of 25 Mbps, i can't ask for better than that on my NBN FTTN connection. When i had a small problem which was a mistake in the settings caused by me, the Netcomm people where great to deal with.
Thanks Netcomm for a great product.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

kyteflyer

kyteflyerHunter Region, NSW

Great Modem for FTTN/VoIP

I bought this modem because instead of Fibre to the Premises (for which I already had a router) we have fibre to the node... but thats another story. I like the modem, and found setup to be easy. Not having bought from an ISP, it did not come pre-configured, and my VoIP accounts are with non-ISP services. That too was easy to set up.

I've found that since I bought it, I need to reboot about once a month to keep things flowing smoothly but overall, its steady and reliable, and really, thats all we need.

Date PurchasedJan 2017