NetComm AC1600 NF17ACV

NetComm AC1600 NF17ACV (page 2 of 3)

Good for a big famy house

Fast Internet with this modem. We use computers and tablets. We watch tv(netflix) and mobile phones.
The light turns red if there is no internet. It is user friendly. I recommend this modem for homes. I am not sure for businesses as we use it at home. Happy with the speed.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Good overall but has a limit of 15 clients per band

I received this modem from aussie broadband when I moved on to NBN. It is a decent modem considering the price is not that high. It provided me good consistent speed & coverage so far. The only downside is that I can only connect 15 max hosts per band (15 with 2.4 Ghz & 15 with 5Ghz). I have around 30 ioT devices in my house who do not require a lot of bandwidth but need connectivity all the time. Most of IoT devices are on 2.4Ghz band and I can only connect 15 with this modem. As a workaround, I have connected another AP in bridge mode with this modem and connected my remaining IoT devices with the 2nd AP. But I do not understand the hardcoded limit of max 15 hosts.

Reliable and strong signal

I bought this router as a replacement and found that it works well in our apartment. The modem is stable and the signal is strong. I do not need to use a wifi extender and we have 7 devices connected via wifi. It is not that stylish in comparison with some other routers but then again we have it in the back room. I would recommend this router to anyone looking for a good reliable connection.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Move A Lot or Unsure of What Your Connection Will Be? Get This!

Bought this one for a relative who moves regularly (twice this year already). Why, I hear you ask with bated breath?

Because it supports all the broadband options we have in Australia and has 802.11ac!

You can use ADSL and all the flavours of the NBN hodge podge, I mean shamozzle, I mean ’MTM’…. To clarify, it can use Fixed Wireless, FTTB, FTTC, FTTN, HFC, SkyMuster, and the one true Lord and Saviour of NBN, FTTP (amen). Unfortunately it doesn’t support a 3/4G dongle via USB or direct SIM insertion, however.

Another downside is that the set up can be a bit complicated on, for example, FTTN but Netcomm have clear instructions on their site and, if you have this modem as an option from your ISP, you will likely get it delivered pre-configured so this won’t be a concern.

Two VoIP ports are a boon for those who want or need to keep their analogue or digital home phones working after (fingers crossed) we are all on NBN.

Great price for something to hedge your bets and give you fast WiFi in the meantime.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Ok value but not strong signal

This was the router provided as a package deal from my internet provider, and the set up was pretty simple. After using it for a few months, I think it is quite stable. However I probably would not recommend it to someone living in a big house – I live in a relatively small apartment but there are already a few corners with weak signals I have noticed.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Not a good one

I did buy it from the company when i did get the internet connection but i have to return it once as i had another device which didn`t get internet from this. Costumer service is terrible. I did send many proof that i had send the device back, but they still wanted to charge me for it. Until i phoned au post who solved the issue.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Nice value for the price

I bought it from amaysim as part of their nbn bundle, so the price was lower than when bought retail. Given that, I'm pretty happy with it - it's reliable and allows all necessary configuration (in my prev. modem I especially missed DHCP address assignments). I noticed no issues with speed and all my 6 devices work just fine anywhere in my 2-bedroom apartment despite radio, especially in 2.4Ghz range, is pretty crowded.

Perfect range modem

When I was on the market for a new router because my old one was playing up, I contacted Netcomm and asked for their recommendation. They recommended NetComm AC1600. I looked up a few stores to find the best price and ordered one online. It was not easy to set up though and I had to call customer support and they guided me through the rest of the process. At home, it works well and I no longer need a Wifi extender as the range is good.

Happy

This was part of the deal when i signed up for nbn on dodo, finally my internet is reliable. Did need the technician to come help me set it up because i am computer illiterate, but now since then has been fantastic no complaints here, and much more visually appealing then my previous eyesore

Date PurchasedAug 2017

My favourite brand of modems

I had a few Netcomm modems in the past and when I was on the market for a new modem, I called the manufacturer to see which model will suit me best. I explained the requirements of the range and how many devices I am planning to connect and they recommended this model. I had no regrets with my choice and I feel that it is very good value for money.

Very happy, works beautifully

First experience with a modem & delighted at the ease of use and the signal range. Can connect multiple devices without any hindrance to performance. Full range throughout the entire house. Arrived preconfigured, so simple plug and play. Haven't encountered any difficulties or delays connecting devices and no issues or drop outs whilst connected. If you are new to modems or require a user friendly device which works without any problems and is reasonably priced I highly recommend the AC1600 NF17ACV

Love it

I have been using D-link dsl-2890al dual band modem for a long, however, I was looking for a best deal for a VOIP modem. Finally, I found this device, which was supplied when I took a new NBN connection with the ISP, This has both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi. I have tested the wifi speed on both frequencies, and noticed 2.4GHZ speed is not reliable, but 5 GHZ works good. I am very happy with the router, the only negative side of it is configuration of modem is not easy compared to the earlier D-link modem I had. You would need some guidance from ISP to set this up.

crap

this dodgy piece of junk has not even the capability off giving off a one metre wifi signal. It is the one you pay good money for with iprimus internet service provider set up package. We threw ours in the bin after the second day because the netgear router and modem one i bought to replace this was only $110 and its like strengthened its wifi sgnal by 100

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Solid router with VOIP

This device was supplied by our new ISP as I wanted a preconfigured VOIP ready, FTTP capable router with both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi, with 4 Ethernet plugs and 2 USB for other peripherals.
Well it is a beauty, easy to tweak with two SSID names for the two Wifi channels, and easy to change the channel bands so as to avoid interference from neighbour's routers.
It has run solidly for two months without problem, but as with all my devices I reboot every 4 weeks to keep it fresh.
My only compaint is that it cannot be wall mounted so has to sit on a shelf.

Excellent Value and Performance

I recently received this modem from our new RSP for use with out pending NBN connection, however I wanted to see how it performed with our current ADSL2 connection, well I am very please with the outcome, finding a very pleasant surprise with our ADSL speed increasing from the Dlink high speed modem at around 5Mb to now around 7Mb.. amazing..
Easy to setup and install.. fast local LAN speeds as well with all our devices easy connecting to the new Netcomm modem/router. So far cannot fault it. Yet to connect to the NBN but that is happening any day, all I should have to do is change the setting from ADSL to VDSL and it should work.. Will post another report once on the NBN.. overall.. Excellent modem/router.. You won't go wrong

August 17th 2017 Update: Now on the NBN with this modem

I thought I would let all know that we are now on the NBN FTTN, and also connected to Voip for our phone. Well the modem is working extremely well, we are very happy with our NBN speeds and internal LAN Speeds... Although the menu system is very basic, it is very easy to use and has many features that most of us will never need.. I can highly recommend this Netcomm AC1600 NF17ACV.. Must say also that the Voip system is also very easy to setup and works very well.

Excellent unit

I have received one of this units as part of the plan I've signed up for with an Australian IP, and can't fault its quality and capabilities at all. It came preconfigured, but the little bits of customisation that I've wanted to do were very easy to achieve and I found the interface to be very user friendly and easy to navigate. We've experienced range issues with other routers in the past, but are definitely not having the same problems since switching to this machine...in fact, I'm often surprised by its range well outside the building. We also use a VoIP phone service through it and it is absolutely flawless.

I'm very happy with how it performs and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Great Router

This is a great router, i am getting 24.4 Mbps out of 25 Mbps, i can't ask for better than that on my NBN FTTN connection. When i had a small problem which was a mistake in the settings caused by me, the Netcomm people where great to deal with.
Thanks Netcomm for a great product.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great Modem for FTTN/VoIP

I bought this modem because instead of Fibre to the Premises (for which I already had a router) we have fibre to the node... but thats another story. I like the modem, and found setup to be easy. Not having bought from an ISP, it did not come pre-configured, and my VoIP accounts are with non-ISP services. That too was easy to set up.

I've found that since I bought it, I need to reboot about once a month to keep things flowing smoothly but overall, its steady and reliable, and really, thats all we need.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

This router is perfect, stable and reliable!!

I'm quite shocked to finally see Netcomm improve their latest product, this router have Dual Band WiFi and has a strong wifi connection around the house is what you're looking for if your RSP/ISP supply this for NBN, I suggest you to pick this up and you won't be disappointed.

Speed is stable with this modem, and has been rock solid since it powered up on day 1. Make sure you're using the latest firmware from Netcomm website.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Works fine, reliable!

My house upgraded to NBN and were given this modem when it got installed, I find it works fine with no hassles, it was easy to set up, but find that our wifi now cuts out in certain areas of the house which can be frustrating some of the time. All together its reliable.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017