Netcomm AC1600 NF18ACV

Netcomm AC1600 NF18ACV (page 2 of 3)

Too easy!

Modem was ready to use, just plug and go. Also there was a great step by step on what to do when I ordered the modem from mate communicate, it was the first time I used nbn and had no issues with connection especially being in an apartment- signal was very strong!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

No promblems

This router is decent I have a very big house and we need internet connections in all rooms they are 1 or 2 dead spots but we don't use those room this modem is good for a small to big house it also covered our basement which was surprising would definitely recommend

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Reliable and no drop outs

Had a problem with my previous Netcomm and would not pick the range easily, this one is great and gives me very good wifi reception and always 5 bars, the a=range is over 150 meters easily, I would recommend this product, it is great and very reliable, no dropouts at all.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Have not had a problem with this router at all.

I received this modem as part of my NBN setup with Aussie Broadband but it suddenly dawned on me today that I have had this modem running since the day I bought it (over 3 months ago) and I haven't had it disconnect once yet. The speeds I am getting are almost exactly the same as the day I set it up so no drop off.

I haven't used any of the advanced functionality like setting up port forwarding so can't speak to how it performs there... but as a modem that you just set up and away you go it is great.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Expected it to be much better

Bought this to replace my dlink modem so my daughter would receive better connection in her room on the Wi-Fi,its made the Xbox better but her phone still doesn't connect much better but yeh she has a apple so maybe it's just her phone....either way I got a great price on, around $100 cheaper than any where else but it doesn't meet the expectations that I was promised from the net work provider that I switched to....anyway I'm still learning this technology stuff and it seems to be doing the job that I need

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Excellent start modem purchased through Amaysim

I know nothing about modems but I do know that in the past I've had a lot of issues with previous models bought/rented through the internet companies. This model was purchased through Amaysim for $100. It works great and over the last 7 months I've only had to restart it twice. I've experienced quite frequent dropouts, but attribute this to the poor connectivity Amaysim gets in rural Victoria. Overall it works great, looks good, and I haven't had any troubles with it. Setup was quick and easy. Would recommend to anyone that is looking for affordability and tech expert as I'm sure there are way better options available.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

high speeds and easy to set up

I've had this item for around 4 months and I couldn't be happier, the speeds it produces even in the bust times of day are amazing. I'm not great with technology but it was very easy to set up and it took me around 20 minutes to set up. Very impressed with it and would advise others to buy!

Easy to use

Very easy to use and set up ! I'm not at all tech clever but was surprised I worked out how to set this up on my own! Really pleased and would recommend it highly to others! Great speeds and hasn't dropped out once! So glad I took the chance

NF18ACV is Kitch

OK, I have the NF17ACV & the NF18ACV and they are similar but still chalk & Cheese. The NF18's WI-Fi is little faster but NF17 is just slightly slower but is a quality made unit. The NF18 may have upgraded components but it is cheaply made. The bright green LED lights on it could be seen from 5 miles out to sea whereas the NF17 lights are subdued.
If you have a NF17 keep it & don't waste your money on an NF18 as you probably wont even notice a difference in performance, but you will notice the lack of quality in the build of NF18, it gets dam hot too. The nf17 has better ventilation and a bigger heat sink and has two usb ports. The Nf18 has 1 usb port. The nf18 has a newer and faster chip-set but most people will not even be able to notice, it aint that much faster.
I don't even know why the bothered to call this an upgrade from the nf17acv.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Its pretty good

I've had to reboot all my other modems a lot more than this one so I reckon it's got to be a lot better than all the others I've had, i dont think it's any faster but handles my connection a lot better, I'm waiting to be connected to the nbn so i,ll see if it handles that ok

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Very reliable dual band modem

We bought this modem from our provider. It came in the box preconfigured and with two years warranty. There is 2 channels 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. We have all our phones, ipads and tv’s connected on the 5Ghz which gives you the maximum speed. It has been very reliable with the connection and we’ve never had any issues.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

reliable modem

I bought this modem when I first connected to the NBN using FTTN. It does it's job well, connecting at a good rate and is very stable. For me the biggest plus was the built in WiFi. It is far Superior to the old modem I used for ADSL. I have good coverage all through my house.

Super value modem

Purchased this modem reconfigured through tangerine, very happy with performance, covers 4 bedroom house without any problems, multiple devices use it daily and no connection issues whilst streaming to furthest point from modem site, excellent value for a 1600 modem at $99, I highly recommend and has 2 year warranty

Good solid router

This is a good router it is also ATA for VOIP services, a modem and and a media sharing centre, Allowed me to combine 3 devices into one. The media sharing works by being able to plug a usb HDD into the router and share files. It is dual band 2.4 Ghz/ 5 Ghz so gives high speed on 5Ghz mode but can Switch back 2.4 Ghz which has longer range for when a long way from the router. We have a 2 story house and get signal all over the house including down stairs which requires the signal to pass through a 5 inch concrete slab. The ATA adapter for VIOP is very clear and not experiencing any issues with drop out etc. Also the instruction manual for it is very detailed and runs to 131 pages.

Very happy

I got this modem as part of the deal with my ISP provider over 6 months ago. Have been very happy with its performance, highly recommend. I get 42 mbs (my plan is 50 mbs), very solid performance and easy to set up could not be happier. there has be 2-3 drop outs due to NBN problems but have been connected very quickly.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Web interface terrible, loses settings, blocks non dhcp addresses.

Turning it off and on meant the port forwarding settings were lost and all my static dhcp reservations AND my username and password reverted!! However the SSID's stayed the same?? weird!

I had to use DHCP reservations because the NF18ACV wont let anything get out it unless it was assigned by dhcp!!!
That means you cant set your ip's statically outside the dhcp range like I normally do (say dhcp 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.100 and then set my statics above that eg 192.168.1.150.) Cant do that! Very annoying!
Machines with static ip,static gateway and static dns wont get out even those they are the same addresses via dhcp. they can see the router if DHCPwas not involved in the assigning of the address.

Especially when a power loss means you lose those reservations.
Also the web interface works ok on IE like most routers but this one really does not like anything else - pages wont load in chrome. And some of the pages elements change type and location between refreshes..?

Reception for wifi - terrible - dropping out

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Voip dropped out on first phone call

Received FREE from Exetel.
I can see why it was FREE.
Previous Netcomms from Exetel had to be returned due to constant VOIP drop outs.
This new netcomm modem seems to be plagued with the VOIP drop outs like the previous netcomm modems Exetel used.

Exetel tells me to ring Netcomm, they will guide me through updating firmware and resetting modem.

WTH...it's brand new!

It performs well

I purchased the Netcomm modem from Aussiebroadband when switching to the NBN. I find it reliable with excellent Wi-Fi coverage throughout the house. I've been using the modem for almost 2 months with speed constantly in the high 40's on a 50/20 plan. I've been running my smart TV through the 5ghz frequency with no buffering whatsoever, but for some inexplicable reason the Wi-Fi speed dropped by half when I experimented with an Ethernet to the TV. After returning the TV to Wi-Fi all is Ok again. Other than that strange quirk I can recommend this modem for anyone updating to the NBN.

Modem OK but terrible USB speeds

The modem itself works OK for internet access but don't get one if you intend to attach a USB drive to it to use as a basic NAS. USB transfer only operates at about 1-1.5 MB/s max. which in actual use is so slow as to be near useless. If you try and stream video from it, the video stutters and trying to back-up anything but the smallest files is completely impractical. I contacted Netcomm about this and they say it's a hardware issue for this model and not a fault with mine so won't get any better until they ship new models.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

It is okay but not great

The modem is not very expensive. My internet provide is "Mate Communicate" and I'm quite happy with their service. However, their modem (Netcomm NF18ACV) is not the best one as it gets disconnected quite frequently and it doesn't cover a broad area. I have a one bedroom unit but sometime, I need to get closer to the modem to have a better connection.

Date PurchasedJan 2018