Netcomm AC1600 NF18ACV

Netcomm AC1600 NF18ACV (page 2 of 3)

MPN: NF18ACV

See the Best Modems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Don't waste your money

Do not buy this modem. Total waste of money. Your better off with a potato.
Very poor WiFi range.
Xbox doesn't connect a lot of times.
Phones keep dropping off WiFi.
Gets really hot.

Disgusting piece of equipment. If your happy with the above issues then buy it. But a friend's one was the same. So yeh.

Purchased in September 2018 for $130.00.

Functionality

Painfully bright at night

Date PurchasedAug 2018
honkas

honkasSouth East Queensland, QLD

easy to use but poor wireless coverage

Received this modem with our NBN HFC connection. Solid speed, no dropouts and bonus that it also has VOIP functionality.. has the features expected with modern routers ie; gigabyte, usb, dual bands etc.

Easy to setup out of the box but the netcomm software is a little bit decrypt with port forwarding, adding static ip's etc.. maybe i am used to ddwrt configurations possible so it took a little bit getting used to.. will do most functions well.. However, given the lack of external antennas wireless coverage in our 3 bed house is an issue.. so if you have a large area to cover then you'll probably need additional assistance to cover the deadspots..

Date PurchasedJan 2019
INQ001

INQ001Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Product Suits Our Needs

I have had this modem now since coming over to the NBN from my RSP back in November 2018. It was pre configured and has worked well with no dropouts encountered so far. It was simply a plug and play when NBN was enabled. I also have VOIP active and the wireless connectivity has been great. Suits our needs nicely, the modem seems well put together. I have had Netcomm modems in the past with no issues. I have no hesitation in recommending this to others.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Faiq K

Faiq KAU

Very smooth

I received the modem with NBN sign up with Aussie Broadband. Modem came pre-configured. I just plugged it into the NBN box and had all my devices set up to wifi within minutes. I have a one bed unit and I have no signal range issues. Very smooth and easy.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

sad costumer

sad costumersydney

Very reliable - easy to use

The connectivity from the modem/router to the devices is excellent quality, the speed is fair and since I got in July 2017, I haven't had to reset it yet, it is so easy to use I forget is there! if I have to switch it off & on, it just takes one or two minutes to pick up the signal - and I have internet again, I am very satisfied with this product

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Monique

Monique

Does its job

The range is quite short, as it can drop out in about at 5 m radius, but it rarely drops out. It came pre-set up so all I had to do was plug it in. I don't understand the specific specs, but Mate Communicate sell this to make the transition process easier.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Boojum

Boojum

I got this when I joined Aussie Broadband, my NBN provider.

I got this when I joined Aussie Broadband, my NBN provider. I lie in a household with three laptops connected by WIfi and a PC connected by ethernet. Our connection is 10o mb per sec and it handles this with ease. The router has a USB connection for a hard drive. I thought that this might work as a cheap media center but the r/w to the drive is so slow as to be useless for that purpose.. Over all I am very pleased with the router. woks as advertised.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Shards

ShardsPerth

So far so good

So far everything is perfect, we’ve had this modem for over a month now. Easy to set up, quite instantaneous and it wasn’t hugely expensive. We’ve had No drop outs as of yet and the signal strength is very good. We are very happy with this product and would recommend.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
DevP

DevP

Good and no issues so far

I ordered it through Mate and it has been perfect for me the last few months. it came pre-configured so i didnt have to do much to make it running. Though sometimes i have to turn off and turn on to make my internet stable, it is more to do with the service provider than the modem itself

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Steve

SteveKurri Kurri

Wifi range is not good.

Got this modem as a part of the Exetel NBN setup. Setup was easy and it appears to be very stable. The only issue I have with it is the wifi range... it is so bad. I had to get a AP to extend the range of the WIFI to reach the other end of my house.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Katerina Markellos

Katerina MarkellosMiddleton

Easy to use

My connectivity has been great with this modem and I found it really easy to set up and personalise your connection via the IP address. I haven't experienced any dropouts yet or had any need to reset my modem. I have always used Netcomm routers as they are super reliable.

Larry King

Larry KingAdelaide, 5000

Easy to set up and works well with nbn

We got given this modem by internode on the nbn and had to set it up ourselves which was pretty easy apart from having to enter in the nbn login details it was really simple menu system. The speed is good and has multi band so it supports our older and newer devices too

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Mika

Mika

Too easy!

Modem was ready to use, just plug and go. Also there was a great step by step on what to do when I ordered the modem from mate communicate, it was the first time I used nbn and had no issues with connection especially being in an apartment- signal was very strong!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Zesty Lawyer

Zesty LawyerPerth

No promblems

This router is decent I have a very big house and we need internet connections in all rooms they are 1 or 2 dead spots but we don't use those room this modem is good for a small to big house it also covered our basement which was surprising would definitely recommend

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Tanya

TanyaSydney

Reliable and no drop outs

Had a problem with my previous Netcomm and would not pick the range easily, this one is great and gives me very good wifi reception and always 5 bars, the a=range is over 150 meters easily, I would recommend this product, it is great and very reliable, no dropouts at all.

Frank

FrankPerth, WA

Have not had a problem with this router at all.

I received this modem as part of my NBN setup with Aussie Broadband but it suddenly dawned on me today that I have had this modem running since the day I bought it (over 3 months ago) and I haven't had it disconnect once yet. The speeds I am getting are almost exactly the same as the day I set it up so no drop off.

I haven't used any of the advanced functionality like setting up port forwarding so can't speak to how it performs there... but as a modem that you just set up and away you go it is great.

Nikki

NikkiCaboolture

Expected it to be much better

Bought this to replace my dlink modem so my daughter would receive better connection in her room on the Wi-Fi,its made the Xbox better but her phone still doesn't connect much better but yeh she has a apple so maybe it's just her phone....either way I got a great price on, around $100 cheaper than any where else but it doesn't meet the expectations that I was promised from the net work provider that I switched to....anyway I'm still learning this technology stuff and it seems to be doing the job that I need

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Victor Liu

Victor Liu

Excellent start modem purchased through Amaysim

I know nothing about modems but I do know that in the past I've had a lot of issues with previous models bought/rented through the internet companies. This model was purchased through Amaysim for $100. It works great and over the last 7 months I've only had to restart it twice. I've experienced quite frequent dropouts, but attribute this to the poor connectivity Amaysim gets in rural Victoria. Overall it works great, looks good, and I haven't had any troubles with it. Setup was quick and easy. Would recommend to anyone that is looking for affordability and tech expert as I'm sure there are way better options available.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

big steven

big stevenMelbourne

high speeds and easy to set up

I've had this item for around 4 months and I couldn't be happier, the speeds it produces even in the bust times of day are amazing. I'm not great with technology but it was very easy to set up and it took me around 20 minutes to set up. Very impressed with it and would advise others to buy!

Date PurchasedMay 2018