Netcomm NF10WV

Netcomm NF10WV (page 2 of 2)

MPN: LED-MONC-NF10WV

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Carol

CarolSouth East Queensland, QLD

Changing Over to NBN i Got This New Moderm

The setup was easy as, It has been so good, never drops out, i have only had to restart it once as it slowed down, but that was the servers fault, not moderm, i am very happy with it my computer is in office, and my Moderm 1o -15 ft away

Date PurchasedJan 2017

VK4AA

VK4AAQld, 4870

Absolute piece of garbage

We purchased a NF10WV with our internet connection. It would never hold a connection. We tried different firmwares and still the modem dropped out after 20 minutes. Our provider offered us a different model from the same manufacturer with dual wifi and voip (more ram and a bigger processor) and it never missed a beat. Stay away from this router, if given one give to your ex.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Rak

RakMelbourne

Not pleased with the speeds

I received this with my NBN connection. However, I am not pleased with the speeds I receive as I am on the 100/40 plan, and this router has been giving me very low wireless speeds, of only 60 Mbps maximum. It doesn't get too much better on ethernet either as I only get 65 Mbps. It can also take some time to connect to the Wifi sometimes and it isn't too instant.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Cameron

CameronHunter Region, NSW

Works great for our small household, Easy setup and use Great Speeds.

This router was supplied to us with our new nbn connection and provides great wireless coverage across our house with wireless speeds close my max nbn connection speed. Setup was easy, and the routers online interface is clean and easy to understand. Highly recommended if you dont need anything fancy and dont have a large house that needs covering.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

grl8862NSW, 2263

Modem colour should be Lemon

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Ron W

Ron Wasked

With the DSL light steady, the "Inernet" light flashes, usually. Some times the "Internet" light is also steady, but not often. While the flashing is fast, we have an internet connection, but when it is a slow blink (or not on at all) we don't appear to have any Internet. At what "Blink Rate" is our Internet compromised?

Darcy

Darcyasked

My internet download speed is about 11mbs but it takes about 40 minutes to download a 200mb file, I am using a wireless connection to my NF10WV modem. Could my modem be the problem or something else?

grl8862

Never had speed issues with this modem. Whirlpool.net.au would be the best web site forum for answering these types of questions. Speed issues could be anything from how far away you are from the Node in the street if you're version of the NBN is FTTN, to the PC itself. CCleaner Free is one of the best software to clean up your PC. You can get that from a web site called filehippo.com it's a safe site that contains all sorts of mostly free or 30 day trail software from legit developers. CCleaner cleans up your registry, (make sure you take backup registry option when it appears in case things go pear shape), CCleaner increased my bootup speed. It allows you to find duplicate files so you free up space, plus a few other tools to remove unnecessary files which build up over time. Try Whirlpool for your speed issue.

RK

RKasked

Just checking after v27....hows things now?

grl8862

My ISP Exetel replaced the modem with ANOTHER model about 8 weeks ago free of any charge, whereas Netcomm's customer service position was for me to wait and sit it out for a firmware version that works. Netcomm did email firmware ver 27 the other day and closed off the support ticket. Now that's confidence ver 27 is a winner. They left me with ver 24 back in Feb which is the last time I'd heard from them. What happened to versions 25 & 26? Did they skip them, or did these attempts also fail ?

Anyway the new model modem has been working perfectly in all aspects including range & speed. I can't comment on whether Netcomm have stabilised this product as I no longer have the modem. I guess we'll find out the status from future reviewers.

Get an answer from our members and NetComm representatives

CategoryRouters and Modems