Netgear AC1900 D7000 Nighthawk

Netgear AC1900 D7000 Nighthawk (page 2 of 11)

MPN: 36502458

Excellent speed

Reliable fast speeds, never drops out.The setup was easy and the user interface is quite simple and easy to navigate. Good coverage through house- across 4 walls. It has a good help section on their website, great for a low device count network but if you have more than 10 devices I recommend other brands.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

The Best!

This is absolutely the BEST modem/router I've ever owned. Set up is a snap. Wireless signal deliver is rock solid. It even has an unobtrusive sleek look. I run some of my devices on the higher band and others on the lower. I do wish it had slighly larger control lights on the bottom front, but that's just a personal thing.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Netgear AC1900 D7000 Nighthawk

Packaging is very beautiful, still continues the Brand's consistent packaging style, followed by the router is very beautiful, simple and clear very atmosphere, the installation is very convenient, easy to set up, installation is convenient, has been used for several days, has not found abnormal situation, the house inside the signal is good, there are shielding things when the signal is bad, put in the parlor, The signal is Good.

Fantastic speed

This modem router is nothing short of awesome!!! As soon as I put in the right user id and password, everything came to life real quick. Did a speed check on the web. I supposedly have a 12 meg DSL setup. My down load speed was 14.71. Upload speed was .84. When I opened up Safari on my mac, the pages load much faster. My wife's HP upstairs and at the other end of the house is opening up faster too. We had a WiFi booster of sorts we used with the older router. It's isn't needed anymore.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

very stable

Easy to use, very stable! Good quality, very satisfactory! The modem is reliable and efficient, and powerful, easy to set up! This kind of router connection is very convenient, very practical, the equipment connection is very satisfactory. Setting up and managing this router is very simple and difficult to operate. I'm very satisfied with the design and appearance of this product.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Worst router in history

If you like constant drop outs and faulty hardware this one is for you! After weeks of it dropping out every day and several calls to the (almost possible to find) support number they finally believed this router was faulty after the factory reset button didn't even work. Returned the router for a d-link which is working well.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

The WORST Modem I’ve ever come across!

I was sold this Modem for use on the NBN. I had constant drop outs, it wouldn’t authenticate half the time, I would have to reboot it about 10 times a day, I had a NBNco visit and the tech said they have seen nothing but trouble with this “range” of Netgear Modem/Routers and that they work fine on ADSL/ADSL2+ but NOT the NBN (ALL types) and in their eyes, it’s not NBN compatible. The only positive was the great WiFi range but the 2.4ghz is faulty (Just do a Google search on this) as everyone says. This product has caused me weeks of stress and frustration and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Modem is great, NBN is awful

We bought this one so we could easily have access throughout the house and to be NBN compatible. We started having issues and had to restart the router on occasion. We have since learned it's not actually the modem, but the NBN that is the problem. On average I have to restart the router every few months. As I have not tested it with a fully functioning internet connection I cannot say how much of the router can be the issue.

Other than that, I found it easy to setup and install and haven't really had any major issues.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Love the Netgear Genie & Parental Software - Sadly Let Down by Reliability Issues

The modem worked perfectly for 18 months then started having random issues. It shut-down once requiring a factory reset then I found the wifi scheduling (which I rely on to control the kids usage) no longer worked. Every time I enabled the schedule, both wifi bands would instantly drop out. Sometimes the 2.4 or 5 GHz band will suddenly drop out and I have to reactivate it. I think I'll now revert to using the Telstra NBN modem instead and create a new OpenDNS account. Shame, but I'm not willing to buy another, especially at the price.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Modem review

This device is great however, the product representative explained that the modem would have great capability/connectivity through 5-6 walls. This is not the case as i have problems connecting through 2 walls in my house. Also, The product price is quite expensive. The setup is quite easy and within 2 years of service, have experienced only a small amount of product reset actions.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

It's not bad...

This router/modem was bought for the NBN. The NBN has dropouts, this is expected. The nighthawk can handle 4K streaming, and anything you need. It is very easy to set up, and is ADSL/VDSL compatible. It is a good solid router/modem.... UNLESS it is having an issue with the 2.4GHz line, allowing only one connection at a time. There is a fix, to update the firmware, but then you have to reset everything.
It should be priced 30-50$ less, so try to haggle down and then i can highly suggest it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Nether D7000 a piece of Junk

Purchased this product and have had nothing but internet constant drop outs, no constant WIFI connection, drops out over 10 times a day! My older router worked 10 times better than this modem. There is literally no support and documentation very confusing, when it does decide to work the speed is similar to the old fashioned dialup, forget downloading or uploading anything with this modem. Do not buy! It's JUNK!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Loving it

Been using the nighthawk for 5 months now and runs so well on my nbn, the wi-Fi and the gaming experience is excellent my games are running better then ever, will always choose Netgear . The netgear looks and feels great easy to setup and works great using windows 10 keep up the great work.

No complaints

An expensive investment but well worth it. We have SO many devices connected to the modem and it handles it without issue at all. Good range, covers the apartment easily. My partner is a gamer and uses this modem over any other - connecting directly to the Xbox - brilliant.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

A great mid-high end unit

Rocking a stealth plane inspired case, and boasting grey matte finish that does not retain fingerprint marks, it's a very aesthetically pleasing piece of tech.
The Netgear Nighthawk D7000 is equipped with Broadcom chipsets that provide incredible 2.4GHz and 5GHz coverage and performance. The signal strength is pretty impressive, I live in quite a decent size house and have yet to experience any coverage problems, no deadspots whatsoever. With a very simple setup process, and adequate interface this is an all round solid unit, great for the mid to high range market.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Brilliant modem for NBN FTTN!

I love this modem. It has really fast wifi that also transmits over a huge area. You would only need a wifi extended if you have a gigantic house or many solid brick walls that would absorb all your wifi signal.
It's also futureproofed - if I move into a house with FTTP instead it would work just as well.
Consistently high speeds, regular firmware updates from Netgear - it hasn't just been released and forgotten about. Absolutely deserving modem to be their flagship model.
I bought mine on eBay during a sale - if you wait for the right time you can get these quite cheap. Don't pay RRP at the likes of harvey norman, jb hifi etc you're paying a huge premium if you do.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Router has build issues, do not buy it!

The original version of this router was good, but the current D7000 V2 has build issues. The 2.4 wireless drops out and often take the 5.0 with it. The unit ran OK for a month, then developed this issue. Firmware upgrade does not fix it and you will be re-booting the unit daily. Netgear are no help and there is 4 pages of complaints on their support page.
Cheerfully refunded by JB hifi as they are aware of the issue.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Very stable, excellent speeds

This has been as stable as rock since I set it up. It just sits there doing its thing and give no issues at all. It was a huge step up from our previous feeble Netgear N router that dropped out constantly. I have two teenager on netflix and everything else at 24/7 plus the other family usuage.I think I have only ever had to reset it twice. Good unit, just works and very good range too.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

No Problems

Purchased the router from Officeworks due to the old one not being able to meet the demands of todays needs. We have 4 phones, 2 tablets, 2 consoles and a TV all connected and it does the job well. Has the occasional drop out but not sure if that is modem or ISP related

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Nice an easy set up

Received this modem/router from a friend as replacement towards an old isp one works like a charm simply plugged in all the necessary cables and the internet/wifi was up and running again has great coverage around the house however the house is quite larger then the average house so it covered majority of the house with great 5ghz signal however on some ends of house were unable to reach it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Just purchased this and set everything up and it connected my phone to the wifi but no other devices seemed to want to connect, including ones that were connected by enthernet, tried everything it said but wouldnt work, thoughts?
You may need new or updated (software) drivers in your devices that you want to connect via WiFi. Usually if the device that you want to connect via WiFi has the WiFi facility built in, it will pick up the signal and all you have to do is use the password that comes with the Modem or NTU (NTU is a digital both ends modem) to pair the Modem - NTU signal to it. I hope this makes sense. If you have more problems you could go to the shop you bought the Nighthawk from or ask for help from a local computer shop person.Get your money back - I have had two units replaced under warranty and now the third unit has problems - right now I have no 2.4Ghz wireless and only 5Ghz works.... there have been many complaints about this unit. My 2nd unit lasted 6 months until the ethernet and wireless completely stopped working. I run a home business so I can't afford to keep sending back faulty units (at my expense I might add).... so for me it's goodbye Netgear and hello Asus.

i have nbn through optus modem which has port for the phone line. How do I connect the phone line in the netgear nighthawk d7000v2
You don’t. It’s not supported with this terrible modem

AC1900 D7000 Nighthawk