Netgear AC1900 D7000 Nighthawk

Netgear AC1900 D7000 Nighthawk (page 2 of 11)

MPN: 36502458

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Smiddy

SmiddyCarwoola

Two devices, both had hardware faults

I replaced a Netgear router that got zapped from a lightning surge. The nighthawk was purchased and installed without issue would dropout at least once a day. After many setting changes, testing phone lines, replacing cables and splitters it was deemed faulty.

A brand new replacement was provided, however it had a different fault and would not detect DSL from the first moment. I returned it to Officeworks whose return policy is great, and with my refund I purchased D-link and it installed perfect and operates perfect.

I would have wasted at least 20 hours over 2 months on settings, phone calls, recabling, resetting router....because of poor quailty control on hardware.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Cat

CatPerth, WA

NOT WORTH IT

Very fast router on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz

Set up in a matter of minutes in router mode behind an Optus cable modem, replacing an earlier wireless router. I have 27 devices connected, almost all wireless, a mixture of 2.4 and 5Ghz with no issues. Performance is really good. If it continues to work this well, I'll be very happy with it. BitDefender looks like a good addition.

MetalGodz

MetalGodzHunter Region, NSW

I'll be reselling my 2nd replacement on Ebay.

Unlike everyone else here, I found it very easy to setup with the NBN. It recognised straight away. My biggest gripe is that after a few months, it started to drop devices off the network, so I was resetting it on a daily basis. It would also get quite hot. After a long trouble-shooting talk with Netgear, they replaced it. After a few months, same problem. Despite telling them it was dead, no power their Tech Support still goes through a long laborious method. I've been waiting for a replacement for 5 months, and have been using a $29 Modem Router in its place.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Jezgadi

JezgadiYulara

Avoid D7000 v2!

v1 worked fine for me but unforunately died because of a lightning strike. Received D7000v2 as a RMA and from what I've read on Whirlpool, they've switched out the Broadcom chip for an Intel one and it is terrible. Disconnects me constantly to the point where I cannot even leave my pc running to download games while I'm out.

Netgear support sucks, just kept promoting a 49.99 telephone support or some other pricing for 180 hours of phone support. Netgear please, I don't want to pay money to listen to you monkeys try and fix my problem over the phone when it clearly is a hardware issue. I'm switching over to D-Link.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

aaron m

aaron mmelbourne

Buggy & difficult to optimise wireless for NBN

Don't buy this Netgear D7000 night hawk.. Too hard to set up to get maximum benefit of NBN over wireless networks.
Couldn't rename my wireless networks without freezing the unit.
I took it back and got a full refund. The staff were very understanding having had a number of units returned!

TAL

TALSydney, NSW

Its not plug and play! Over 8 hours of tech support to set up.

BlackIce54

BlackIce54South-Eastern Region, NSW

A possible problem with the modem/router or simply a dud unit (update)

Date PurchasedNov 2018
rebane

rebanesydney

Bad product

Terrible modem router! I've already had it replaced a month after I purchased it as it refused to connect. It's now playing up again with the wifi slowing down frequently to as little as 0.02MBPS despite the speed into the router being constant at about 6.5MBPS. After this experience, I'd never buy Netgear again!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Good Router but setup is unclear

FFTP home. Setup is not explained well, make sure to go to the advance settings -> Select 'Must use WAN'. If this is not ticked, the NBN to your home won't work as the port is defaulted to DSL. Other than that, performance of the Router is very good with nice wide coverage, in particular 5GHz works brilliantly.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

D7000 Nighthawk & OPENWRT

Great modem/router for advanced users when combined with OpenWRT.
Quick DSL connection and strong wi-fi signal throughout the house.

Had a couple DSL dropouts, however, could be ISP related.
The only issue I've come across is the connected devices count appears to be incorrect & the access control seems to be sketchy as the best of times

Other than that I can't complain.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Lauren

LaurenPerth

Excellent speed

Reliable fast speeds, never drops out.The setup was easy and the user interface is quite simple and easy to navigate. Good coverage through house- across 4 walls. It has a good help section on their website, great for a low device count network but if you have more than 10 devices I recommend other brands.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Xavier

XavierFullerton Cove

The Best!

This is absolutely the BEST modem/router I've ever owned. Set up is a snap. Wireless signal deliver is rock solid. It even has an unobtrusive sleek look. I run some of my devices on the higher band and others on the lower. I do wish it had slighly larger control lights on the bottom front, but that's just a personal thing.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

90448300NEW VALLEY

Netgear AC1900 D7000 Nighthawk

Packaging is very beautiful, still continues the Brand's consistent packaging style, followed by the router is very beautiful, simple and clear very atmosphere, the installation is very convenient, easy to set up, installation is convenient, has been used for several days, has not found abnormal situation, the house inside the signal is good, there are shielding things when the signal is bad, put in the parlor, The signal is Good.

Ryan

RyanHECKENBERG

Fantastic speed

This modem router is nothing short of awesome!!! As soon as I put in the right user id and password, everything came to life real quick. Did a speed check on the web. I supposedly have a 12 meg DSL setup. My down load speed was 14.71. Upload speed was .84. When I opened up Safari on my mac, the pages load much faster. My wife's HP upstairs and at the other end of the house is opening up faster too. We had a WiFi booster of sorts we used with the older router. It's isn't needed anymore.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
PateeBela1990

PateeBela1990Wallsend

very stable

Easy to use, very stable! Good quality, very satisfactory! The modem is reliable and efficient, and powerful, easy to set up! This kind of router connection is very convenient, very practical, the equipment connection is very satisfactory. Setting up and managing this router is very simple and difficult to operate. I'm very satisfied with the design and appearance of this product.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

craigwreid1

craigwreid1New South Wales, 2114

Worst router in history

If you like constant drop outs and faulty hardware this one is for you! After weeks of it dropping out every day and several calls to the (almost possible to find) support number they finally believed this router was faulty after the factory reset button didn't even work. Returned the router for a d-link which is working well.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Rob

The WORST Modem I’ve ever come across!

I was sold this Modem for use on the NBN. I had constant drop outs, it wouldn’t authenticate half the time, I would have to reboot it about 10 times a day, I had a NBNco visit and the tech said they have seen nothing but trouble with this “range” of Netgear Modem/Routers and that they work fine on ADSL/ADSL2+ but NOT the NBN (ALL types) and in their eyes, it’s not NBN compatible. The only positive was the great WiFi range but the 2.4ghz is faulty (Just do a Google search on this) as everyone says. This product has caused me weeks of stress and frustration and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Shauvoo

ShauvooSydney

Modem is great, NBN is awful

We bought this one so we could easily have access throughout the house and to be NBN compatible. We started having issues and had to restart the router on occasion. We have since learned it's not actually the modem, but the NBN that is the problem. On average I have to restart the router every few months. As I have not tested it with a fully functioning internet connection I cannot say how much of the router can be the issue.

Other than that, I found it easy to setup and install and haven't really had any major issues.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

GrantB

GrantBHunter Region, NSW

Love the Netgear Genie & Parental Software - Sadly Let Down by Reliability Issues

The modem worked perfectly for 18 months then started having random issues. It shut-down once requiring a factory reset then I found the wifi scheduling (which I rely on to control the kids usage) no longer worked. Every time I enabled the schedule, both wifi bands would instantly drop out. Sometimes the 2.4 or 5 GHz band will suddenly drop out and I have to reactivate it. I think I'll now revert to using the Telstra NBN modem instead and create a new OpenDNS account. Shame, but I'm not willing to buy another, especially at the price.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Sougat R.

Sougat R.asked

is this is sensitive to crosstalk

Jordan

Jordanasked

Just purchased this and set everything up and it connected my phone to the wifi but no other devices seemed to want to connect, including ones that were connected by enthernet, tried everything it said but wouldnt work, thoughts?

GJR
GJR

You may need new or updated (software) drivers in your devices that you want to connect via WiFi.
Usually if the device that you want to connect via WiFi has the WiFi facility built in, it will pick up the signal and all you have to do is use the password that comes with the Modem or NTU (NTU is a digital both ends modem) to pair the Modem - NTU signal to it.
I hope this makes sense. If you have more problems you could go to the shop you bought the Nighthawk from or ask for help from a local computer shop person.

EzyTalk
EzyTalk

Get your money back - I have had two units replaced under warranty and now the third unit has problems - right now I have no 2.4Ghz wireless and only 5Ghz works.... there have been many complaints about this unit. My 2nd unit lasted 6 months until the ethernet and wireless completely stopped working. I run a home business so I can't afford to keep sending back faulty units (at my expense I might add).... so for me it's goodbye Netgear and hello Asus.

AustinS

AustinSasked

i have nbn through optus modem which has port for the phone line. How do I connect the phone line in the netgear nighthawk d7000v2

Rob

You don’t. It’s not supported with this terrible modem

Get an answer from our members and Netgear representatives

CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandDual-Band (2.4GHz, 5.0GHz)
FeaturesBeamforming, External Antennas, Mobile App Control, Parental Controls and Quality of Service
Maximum Wireless Speed1,300 Mbps