Netgear AD7200 R9000 Nighthawk

Netgear AD7200 R9000 Nighthawk

MPN: R9000

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent range for WIFI and easy to set up if you understand the technology

Router and WIFI allows all the features for security and performance. Not difficult to set up and NetgearGenie does work with this unit. I have replaced two WIFI units with this new unit get full cover in a two story house which deliveries a high reliability of coverage. Very happy with this product but I do agree that Netgear support is frustrating. For me this is not a problem as I am in the industry so I have no problem setting this unit up for all aspects of functionality including locking down my house network.

Purchased in May 2017 at Mwave Australia Online Store for $629.00.

Number of Connected Devices 40 devices
ISPTPG Broadband Fibre To The Building (FTTB)
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

Unbelievable.

Since purchasing this router, I have been able to remove the 3 wifi extenders in our 2 storey house. We are on a 50mb nbn package and receive those exact speeds at the furthest corners of our house. Very easy to setup and also manage via the application. Also easy to manage guest networks & access times.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Adequate product, support nightmare

The R9000 seems to have a bit more range and ports than the R7900 at double the price. Speed is the same, but it is ready for 60GHz 802.11ad devices for the future. The NetgearGenie app doesn’t work with the R9000 so you have to access it with the less intuitive IP app online.
If you need support, get ready to spend hours just getting through to a tech, answering the same questions over and over and over.
I would not advise purchasing a Netgear product just because of the support issue alone.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Pretty good but not perfect

Its a pretty solid and steardy router, but my lord the GUI looks like it has been written by a 3 year old, its so difficult to navigate compared to asus for example, also they force you to use the routers DNS, and you have to have QOS enabled for wirless n and ac to work properly. Id recommend asus over this for the price, especially considering you can now use asus AI mesh.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Nighthawk X10 - Great Signal Strength

Bought the Nighthawk X10 when we changed over to NBN to give the best coverage for home office needs and household in general. Can stand outside across the road and still get WiFi signal at two bars on my phone. Great for checking emails or files on those important calls.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Future Technology, that's for sure!

What's a "tri-band" router? In extremely rudimentary, lay terms, the Nighthawk has the strength of three routers. It can handle three times the number of connections a single-band router ever could (presumably), yet all the devices are able to "see" one another and play nice together. So, yeah, it's expensive. It's quite possible, in fact, that you don't really even need a tri-band router.

And then there's us.

I just walked through our apartment; between my husband and me, I count 25 web-enabled devices. That number doesn't include light bulbs. Most of these gadgets are connected to the Internet *at this moment.*

Our friends make fun of us because we have totally embraced the concept of the "Internet of Things." Besides the usual gadgets (iPads, phones, game consoles), we use a Nest thermostat, a Nest Cam, Philips Hue bulbs, an Amazon Echo on our kitchen countertop, and a Sonos.

Far from automating our home, we've instead created a TON of headaches for ourselves. We live in a waking nightmare. The "Internet of Things" is here, and it's miserable.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good device

Purchased this as a replacement for the crappy one supplied from the internet service provider and obviously I have not looked back! It does literally everything as described and I have not once had an issue because of it. I can see myself still using this modem 10 years from now as it is built for the future

Date PurchasedJan 2017

New is not better

New out of the box. It would not see my nbn connection. Reset the router. Powered off and on the nbn modem. Same with desktop pc. Still nothing. 1 hour with tech support still nothing. Took it back for a refund. Apparently the 60hz wifi has very limited range not so good. I Will try another brand.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Excellent device with loads of features

Had this for 2 months now. Future proof router with loads of features. This is router to get, especially if you like to tinker a bit. Plex was a bit fiddly to get working but is excellent. I think it is the only consumer router with a 10gb ethernet port. Going to connect this to a new NAS soon. Looks great too.

Date PurchasedJul 2017