Netgear D7800 Nighthawk

Netgear D7800 Nighthawk (page 2 of 2)

MPN: 36035850

3.0

• Number of Connected Devices 10.4 devices (10)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability
Mark N

Mark NSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great router!

I bought this modem/router primarily to upgrade the number of connected devices that I can use and it didn't disappoint. Previous modem routers started slowing devices once one or two were connected, however now I'm able to connect 5 or 6 devices without any significant loss of signal. The modem/router will be constrained by your incoming internet speed, so don't expect it to create miracles with internet speed.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
MicDaMan

MicDaManThe Mallee, VIC

Using it as a router :(

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Beau

Beau

Does the job

Upgraded from standard Telco supplied router, instantly I was reaching atleast 30% improvement on connection via Wi-Fi. Set up was a bit more of a hassle then first thought, I called the helpline and they provided a bit of help but ultimately it was left up to me. Overall I am happy with the device

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Routers

Find out how Netgear D7800 Nighthawk compares to other Routers

WMGrew

WMGrewSydney

Great Range

I have a large house and keep the router under the stairs and the signal reaches every corner of the house at fast speeds with no drop outs. It was very easy to set up and I had no problems with anything connecting to it. It also looks very cool.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Wonderwomanj

WonderwomanjBrisbane

Great

Have had this modem for 6 months now and it has worked faultlessly. Recommended. Fast and looks good. I have utilized its full potential as I'm only using it as a modem and not a home network setup with plug in play options. That's next once I figure out how to do it. Netgear genie could be a bit more in depth.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Over priced and under performing

Nothing but problems from the start, first firmware update modem no longer worked, same problem second replacement after spending hours on the phone to tech person overseas who could barely speak or under stand English I received a third modem and now this drops out when it likes RUBBISH PRODUCT

Date PurchasedJan 2016
kimikudo

kimikudosydney

This not worth the money if your house is

Double brick with a lot of obstacle like glass is gonna greatly decrease the signal strength of this router, but this router will be (i think )very good router if you place it near your desktop and laptop, because the router can establish two network, one being the 5g network it is very fast for any within 1 m radius.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Daniel

DanielSydney, NSW

Spent a lot on this... overall disappointed

I've been having wifi issues for years with my Apple setup, so decided to invest on this modem to solve my problems. It didn't really help... I'll admit my apartment has solid concrete walls, but for $500 I'd have expected this unit to be able to penetrate the walls by a few meters. I struggle with reception in the bedroom, which is only about 5-8m from the modem. Should have just stuck with the unit TPG provided.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Soundy

SoundyParkes

Does not work with FTTN and NETGEAR support cannot find a fix

Will not work with FTTN and unfortunately it has been 3 months and many hours with NETGEAR support (which is overseas and totally unhelpful) has refused to find a fix for the issue.
Some of the worst customer service I have ever had......much worse than Telstra!
The restarting of the unit is painfully slow for something that is suppose to have an amazing processor at its core

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Routers

Find out how Netgear D7800 Nighthawk compares to other Routers

Nadia

Nadia

Not a user friendly to setup

Bought this product to replace an old outdated modem/router. when I went to install it the troubles started for my install. A lot of trouble shooting was left out in the instruction booklets you get in the box.The item wasn't responding to the setup as was written in the instruction. Finally got it set up with the help from netgear tech support. It's running now and all seems fine. Buyers be ware you might need some help from your Tech support on this unit.Apart from that it's much faster than old unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
See all Netgear D7800 Nighthawk reviews

Neil A.

Neil A.asked

Is it ready for NBN?

A_real_person
A_real_person

Yes, but the router has multiple firmware issues and it's not worth the risk for such an expensive product. Look elsewhere.

Davidasked

I have NBN over copper via old phone line. Will this modem router connect to this?

BigMan
BigMan

Yes this router will work with NBN FTN.

Dave
Dave

Yes it will. Just remember you only get free customer support for 90 days. After 90 days of purchase if you have any problems you will not get any assistance. I would search for a cheaper alternative. This is very expensive and your not getting your money’s worth with this product.

Many thanks