Netgear N6000 D3600

Netgear N6000 D3600

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Just works

Got this router now for many years and it works just fine. This is in a smaller place, though. Still getting regular security updates and just checked that it's NBN ready, which it is. Very happy with the purchase.

Purchased in May 2015.

Number of Connected Devices 4 devices
Functionality
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

Good gear

Bought this unit as my last modem died. It was easy to set up and got me back on the net in no time at all. The speed is good, there's no dropouts, little lag and it does what I need a good modem router to do. I'm very happy with it and hope it'll last for a good while.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

OK Modem Router

Was recommended by Geeks to You to purchase this Modem Router to correct a weak wireless signal within my new 2 story home. Was promised this unit would send a much stronger signal throughout my home and thus it would be far superior unit than my existing Telstra modem router. The Netgear did send a slightly stronger signal to rooms that are close by but ALL other areas in the house showed no improvement at all.
Overall, the wireless signal send by the Netgear router is at the same level as my old Telstra modem router.
(2 bars out of 5 for signal strength). And worst still - I am having constant drop outs. Have to reconnect with my ISP anywhere from 6 to 20 time a day due to drops outs. Had a technician come out to try and correct but they could not locate the problem.
To make matters worse, Netgear only offer their clients assistance for a period of 90 days after date of purchase.
So if I need to speak to someone at Netgear and ask for their assistance I have to buy a Customer Support membership that costs $89.99 for only 6 months. So much for offering customer service.
I have now switched back to my old Telstra modem router - yes the signal is less stronger but at least I never have drop outs. Certainly a waste of $160. I would certainly not recommend this product. Look at other brands that offer free customer service for at least 12 months after date of purchase.

Note: 06/2016 .After complaining to the retailer that sold me this router, Net Gear have agreed to fully replace the router free of charge and new router is installed. The router has been installed for 2 weeks and so far no hiccups/no dropouts. Have increased my rating from a 1 to a 3 as the new router appears to be working fine.
Signal is not as strong as I expected but certainly stronger than my old Telstra router.
Appears the first router I purchased was faulty.