Netgear Nighthawk M1

Netgear Nighthawk M1 (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

April

Date PurchasedNov 2017
ijfadams

ijfadamsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This will be excellent when Telstra releases an unlimited 4G data plan

Works well, but unfortunately our local tower does not support 4Gx, so not much faster than I get from a tethered iPhone. It still has stable upload and download speeds, and is very useful when our landline broadband fails. I was able to use this device to feed data to my network by simply plugging it into the WAN port in my broadband modem. Our D-Link broadband modem has automatic failover, so this is now our backup internet connection for our office. I'm wary that this device could eat a fortune in data, especially as it seems to use lots of data each day even when sitting idle. I will only sleep well when the Telstra data fees become much more reasonable.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Andie

AndieGippsland

Terrible - doesn't work in some areas

i hope i can save some of you some money we live out of town & purchased this as we do have mobile coverage here. It didn't work. Everytime the connection fluctuates you lose internet. I've been back to telstra - taken advice from one and all and cannot get it to work correctly. Telstra made me pay over a $1k to get out of contract. Don't sign up until you are sure it will work well in your area - it is the most disappointing response we've ever had from Telstra. I can't believe they would not return item when it doesn't work properly. It constantly needs to be restarted & devices cant be connected unless close to unit. Very expensive to have something that doesn't do the job intended. Beware everyone - look for other options

Pete T

Pete TMid North Coast, NSW

Reliable coverage

The nighthawk is great value to buy outright or to pay on a 12-24 month plan. I use this as a back up if my main system goes off line. I find the modem helpful when going on a holiday where no internet is provided. The speed and overall startup times have some valid points and overall the product is a big improvement on similar modems.

nerfherder

nerfherderPerth

Great for mobile internet access or ADSL replacement service

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Mitch

MitchAcacia gardens

Looks good has some issues

The modem looks great. It does also work great if all devices are in close proximity. It does have a short range and needs to be restarted regularly as sometimes the WiFi network cant be found by new devices (a restart seems to fix this). If used regularly as i do at home you need to have it plugged in constantly as the battery drains quickly even when not in use.

It does have great speed and apart from the above minor issues it does work well.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Ningnong

NingnongMidge point

Faster than the nbn they say

And I don't know the answer to that but it connects in about 15 seconds and most sites and downloads marginally longer. Takes awhile to charge but you don't have to disconnect to use it. Very compact fits in my laptop satchel easily, oh and it has color indicators to let you know battery and data life. Best router I have used.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Glyn

GlynSydney

MR1100 Netgear Wifi Hotspot 4G LTE

Date PurchasedSep 2017
TreeHuggerers

TreeHuggerersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliable connection where ever you are

I wish i had found and brought this ages ago. So reliable no matter where you are, good signal strength can connect up to 20 devices, great battery life, charges quick. It is portable, light weight. It is a device you didn't realise you needed until you buy one. I need a consistent internet connection The nighthawk M1 is a product i tell people about when they are looking for a good device. Highly recommend + they have a good deal going with this device. Money very well spent.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Best 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot in 2017

Deviot

DeviotSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for the family on the go

Purchased the Nighthawk M1 about 2 months ago for the youngest child and myself whilst waiting at sporting events for the other children's sports training 5 days a week. Can connect up to 20 devices which is never needed but nice to know it's got the capacity. Netgear claim it can download 1 gigabit/ sec speeds using multiple bands. Haven't tested this in metro centre however half an hours deive out best I've managed is 250mb/s which is plenty for my use.
Handy also that it can be used to charge other devices and I like that it has a usb type c cable as my new phone uses that too.
Only thing I don't like is Telstra don't do data share with included sim rather have to pay for additional monthly sim share card. Come on telstra be fair.