Netgear Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router MR2100

Netgear Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router MR2100

4.0 from 1 review

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great 4G mobile router excellent connection speeds

I purchased the netgear nighthawk M2 outright for $410 mainly because I didn't want a contract but I needed the coverage of telstra in remote areas. I upgraded from the Wi-Fi advanced III and the difference in speed is just night and day, in country Victoria I was averaging 157 mbps downloads and 46.6mbps uploads It outdone my nbn connection at home hands down. It has all the bands except 2300 which optus use mainly for its mobile broadband. It picks up network coverage wherever it is available which is pretty much all over australia. It gets through where other devices and networks I've used in the past have had nothing. And has full info of signal strength, connection, data left so forth on the front 2.4 inch touch screen whereas some of the cheaper ones just have lights to indicate what's happening. It has good battery life and can be used without the battery if your using it at home just plug in the power supply no battery required. However I've noticed battery drain in low signal areas but that's to be expected.Telstra prepaid recharges are a bit pricey but if you need the reliability its worth it. My only gripe is how slow it boots up and the software seems very slow hopefully a update in the future will correct this issue.

I live in regional NSW and have only Skymaster Satellite for NBN access (disaster with poor speeds and peak data limits that cant be avoided as all ISPs are stuck by that) and only Telstra 3G mobile connectivity (ie no 4G); a Telstra rep said i should go with Nighthawk M2 as that will work better than satellite even with 3G & although data is limited with a mobile service, the options are much better. Anyway have experience using the M2 with 3G connectivity?

Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router MR2100