Netgear Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router MR2100

Netgear Nighthawk M2 Mobile Router MR2100

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

AussienetworkerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible device laggy and full of bugs

Bought this from telstra and ended up returning it as it’s not suitable for purpose. The UI is laggy and touch screen is unresponsive. Often prone to crashing. The routing function is deplorable when using it as a dhcp server. It cannot properly bond devices when they are connected via 5ghz, 2.4ghz wifi and lan. $380 wasted a cheap router from officeworks does a better job. 4g speeds I got were 20 down 30 up in mentone

Purchased in September 2019.

Terrible

Bought it in June. Hasn’t worked properly since day 1. I have tried 2 times by phone for help with no joy. Told I will get a call beck never happens. It freezes regularly & I have to take back off & battery out to get it up & running. Am on hold again while writing this. I live in the bush & not near a local shop. When it works it’s great.
Cheers June Nahrung.

Reliability
Vladimir31

Vladimir31AU

Great when it works

Purchased in May 2019 at Telstra Burwood Westfield for $936.00.

Number of Connected Devices 2 devices
Thomas

ThomasGoulburn Valley, VIC

Great 4G mobile router excellent connection speeds

Nicky Pesaturoasked

I have the nighthawk M2 from Telstra it's for my mobile , it's still not connected Telstra recommend this for me , I have had the product for 2 weeks now mmm should it take this long to be connected ???????

Cassie T.
Cassie T.

I;ve been waiting 4 weeks, umpteen useless phone calls and it is still NOT connected

Nicky Pesaturo

Omg really and your with Telstra as well ???

Peter

Peterasked

Can I connect to Swann security via ethernet? I don't have NBN and need to occasionally check on home via internet.

Bruce L.asked

I live in regional NSW and have only Skymaster Satellite for NBN access (disaster with poor speeds and peak data limits that cant be avoided as all ISPs are stuck by that) and only Telstra 3G mobile connectivity (ie no 4G); a Telstra rep said i should go with Nighthawk M2 as that will work better than satellite even with 3G & although data is limited with a mobile service, the options are much better. Anyway have experience using the M2 with 3G connectivity?

Taner
Taner

go to ebay and get a nighthawk m1 and set in to 3g only and reboot. You can get up to a max download of 44Mbps and max upload of 12Mbps depended on if you have high gain Antennas, how congested the tower is and if your towel supports muti gen connection. eg Arrogation h+ and 3g+ combined. Good luck

Bruce L.

Thanks for the advice - I did a speed test on mobile using the 3G network- down 0.5 and up 0.1 not a pretty picture; would the suggested technology improve on this or am I stuck with what I have?

Aussienetworker

Won’t improve on that by much

Get an answer from our members and Netgear representatives

CategoryRouters