Netgear Orbi

MPN: 36525853

5 questions from our users

bretta

brettaasked

Hi, I have a fibre connection at home, with a Tp-link Archer C7 modem/router, how do i connect up a Orbi RBK50 2pc set to it? Do i have to disable the 2 and 5 ghz wireless connection on the C7? Thanks.

Geoff Costello
Geoff Costello

If you gave Fibre to the premises NBN, that has an Ethernet port in the house. So it’s Easiest to replace the Archer C7 with the Orbi Router, otherwise the two wifi setups will fight and you will have two routers back to back.

Debbie T.

Debbie T.asked

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a mobile internet hotspot device (don't know what it's really called). I travel permently so fixed line no good. Need to attach several devices (5 give or take). What would you suggest I buy? 1. Mobile
2. Best reception
3. High speed
4. Can connect with Galaxy 9 & Xbox & Microsoft laptop & iPhone.
5. Telstra internet
I'm really lost and need your advice. Thanks

hawk C.

hawk C.asked

i have Orbi and have just switched to Foxtel, but it doesn't seem to work

Javed

Javedasked

Hi,
I have modem supplied by Exetel ZTE brand. Should I upgrade this modem with Netgear AC2300 D7000 Modem+Router($224) or just buy one orbi unit and switch off existing modem wifi. I don't have issue with coverage and don't have big house, just wifi speed is slow. Not sure speed will increase with orbi + existing basic modem.

Mikeasked

Since this is only a router and not a modem, which modem do you all use/recommend? Where did you buy/obtain your modem to use with the netgear orbi router?

CLM
CLM

NBN already has modem installed in the wall. Router plugs in and it's good to go.

John M
John M

Hello
I just use a Telstra Modem - Thompson TG799 but have also used the older model TG797
I disable the wifi on the modem
But any ADSL modem will do
Regards
John

Mike

Thanks! I just moved from the US, where we're quite behind on fibre internet so this'll be my first try with it. I read a couple articles that said the same, but it's nice to get your confirmation CLM and John.
Kind regards,