Netgear Orbi

Netgear Orbi (page 2 of 3)

MPN: 36525853

Pros

• Fast, stable connection

• Far-reaching, consistent coverage

• Simple to remotely manage

• Number of Connected Devices 13.263 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range

Kate

KateGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Netgear Orbi RBK50-100 Tri-band wifi satellite and extender

100% recommend this product. It is worth every cent. Doubled MBPS throughout house (close to 100MBPS), the set up was a little fiddly, we have pretty good IT knowledge. Once connected all devices switched over. Without the Orbi internet speed was intermittent. We run off NBN (was better on Cable). Purchased from JBHiFi in Prahran, female consultant very knowledgable about product. Thank you

Purchased in June 2019 for $499.00.

Rod Brown

Rod BrownSydney, NSW

Finally full coverage

This has finally solved all of the coverage issues we were experiencing with a single WiFi solution. It was easy to set up but be aware it doesn't include a modem so turned my old WiFi Modem/Router into a modem only and connected up the Orbi.

Purchased in May 2019 at Costco.

Brian

BrianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best thing I have ever bought.

Thanks to orbi I now have i internet throughout the whole house and also outside where i previously could not get any internet. Can definitley recommend this to anybody who has problems with wifi distance.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $450.00.

Robin

Robin

Speed is excellent

I bought one base + one satellite a couple of months ago. Easy to setup. I just follow the manual and complete setup in minutes. (Probably because I'm an IT engineer) It provides mesh network and the speed of online surfing, streaming is good. But the coverage is not as good as it advertised. I have a room 2 walls behind the base. Sometimes, I can't get connected to the WIFI in that room. And it's too expensive.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Jeff

JeffNew South Wales

Great for very large houses

Date PurchasedOct 2018
priceless21

priceless21South East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant, the difference is staggering

We linked up to the NBN and the internet speeds were TERRIBLE! 0.5 - 5.7mbs on a good day using Netgear's earlier system. It dropped out regularly too requiring us to reboot the modem. We even had a tech guy come out and try and tweek it but to no avail.
We upgraded to the Orbi Netgear system and BOOM the speeds went up to to over 30mbs!!! I can't rave enough about it. - we had 2 extenders included for a our large house. Expensive but worth every penny.
Easy to install, zero dropouts and copes well with multiple users too.
Don't waste your money on cheaper systems. You have to get this system. You will not regret it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great when it works but very unreliable.

I can’t really recommend this product. The app is buggy and the satellite access points are very difficult to set up. I gave up trying to get additional access points working. The range of the access points is terrible like the tech support. My networking knowledge is intermediate to advanced and I can confidently say its not user error.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
The others

The otherssydney

Amazing product! saved all our wifi issues

Our IT guy set one of these up at home as the modem is in the office but it needs to service devices such as Apple TV, Streaming Hifi (Naim Audio) plus all our devices.
Since we've ad this there has been almost zero problem with wifi as we've had in the past.
connectivity is excellent, it was quick and easy to set up and the reach for signal is impressive.

i would highly recommend one of these for anyone that relies on strong wifi for all devices.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Renan JL

Renan JLSydney, NSW

it works great. Full house Wifi coverage. until the next firmware update

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Great wifi extender

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Chris

Chris

Great Product, it states and it delivers

I had minimum bar levels with my router downstairs so when I installed the RBK50 it delivered what it stated. I am very happy overall with its performance as the speeds are very good ensuring very good WiFi coverage downstairs. Foxtel Go works very good with very minimal or hardly any video buffering.
I highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Enoggera

Enoggerabrisbane

Orbi Solved all problems

I bought the Orbi Ac3000. This solved every problem I had with the net. I have approximately 22 devices connected to the net and there is no lag anywhere. Streaming with apple tv has no buffering or delay everything works. I get off my wifi 8 ping and 100+ download so there is no loss of speed. I have also installed it at my factory and now everything runs faster and no delays the speed we got from the supplied router was about 7mps now with the Orbi we get 13 - 17mps and no delays. It was the best investment I have made for internet usage.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
benwarwick72

benwarwick72Robina

Great WiFi but stability can be an issue depending on firmware

I'm really happy with the WiFi signal of my Orbi system (base and satellite) in my 3 bedroom, 2 storey house. I don't think I've had any wireless dropouts but there have been a number of issues with the automatic firmware updates and the subsequent connectivity issues. It appears that Netgear are now allowing you to perform the updates when you want to rather than them being automatically pushed - this is a welcome change! There are a minimum of 11 devices connected (mostly wirelessly) and I never experience performance issues. My favourite feature is the single SSID. I'd definitely recommend this product to someone wanting whole home WiFi!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
SPok

SPokMelbourne

Good coverage but a nightmare for gaming (QoS is rubbish!)

Overall the product does what it's supposed to, ease of implementation, good coverage and speed around the house. However, if you're a gamer playing FPS games that requires response time to be priority, look elsewhere! Their QoS menu is dismal, with the only option is to run a speedtest and manages it automatically in the background.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Fabian

FabianSydney

Great Product!

We had very bad WiFi coverage with the NBN Modem/Router supplied by Telstra, but with the ORBI problem solved! NBN modem is located in the garage so with the supplied modem WiFi signal in the living room was terrible but with the Orbi system, coverage is perfect all the way in the backward! (House area is 320m2)

Easy to setup, great design, and the Orbi App is a great tool, specially when you are able to manage the usage by individual devices, specially to control children's usage!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
robfol

robfolMelbourne, VIC

Was fantastic but latest firmware updates have ruined it. Now a Disaster Area!!

Had Orbi for exactly a year and it has been good as gold connected to my NBN box, with great coverage everywhere. The latest set of firmware updates to 2.1.2.18 (automatic) have left me with a non-functional system, connections lost on a regular basis, app unable to connect, unable to login to Orbi and more. A quick look at Netgear communities shows hundreds of frustrated Orbi owners "Very frustrating because I've had the Orbi for a few months now and cannot return. It WAS rock solid before upgrading. " I have tried downgrading firmware, resetting everything and all to no avail. Planning to dump the whole Orbi thing and move to Google Wi-fi unless I can get this sorted. Total waste of $600!!!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Erik K

Erik KWA, 6053

Orbi Delivers!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Henry H

Henry HSydney

Strong wireless signal for the entire home!

I purchased this set-up from Netgear as it promised to blanket wifi across a large area given we had notable issues with our previous router over multi-storeys. The Orbi works fantastic and the only times there are hiccups are due to updates in firmware which may be pushed out to the main router and not the satellite - easily rectified. Would highly recommend.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Z Rob

Z RobHobart

Simply amazing

Our tenant complained that the internet in our lower level granny flat was dropping out frequently. After looking at a few options we settled on the Orbi.

While expensive, it immediately solved our problems and has been the best router I have ever used. Simple to set up (20 minutes) and has been flawless since (no rebooting required in months). Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

bretta

brettaasked

Hi, I have a fibre connection at home, with a Tp-link Archer C7 modem/router, how do i connect up a Orbi RBK50 2pc set to it? Do i have to disable the 2 and 5 ghz wireless connection on the C7? Thanks.

Geoff Costello
Geoff Costello

If you gave Fibre to the premises NBN, that has an Ethernet port in the house. So it’s Easiest to replace the Archer C7 with the Orbi Router, otherwise the two wifi setups will fight and you will have two routers back to back.

Debbie T.

Debbie T.asked

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a mobile internet hotspot device (don't know what it's really called). I travel permently so fixed line no good. Need to attach several devices (5 give or take). What would you suggest I buy? 1. Mobile
2. Best reception
3. High speed
4. Can connect with Galaxy 9 & Xbox & Microsoft laptop & iPhone.
5. Telstra internet
I'm really lost and need your advice. Thanks

hawk C.

hawk C.asked

i have Orbi and have just switched to Foxtel, but it doesn't seem to work

Features:

• Netgear’s Orbi uses tri-band mesh WiFi technology, giving you the fastest available internet speeds on all devices.
  • Netgear advertises the Orbi as providing you with steady WiFi that doesn’t leave you walking around the house looking for a reliable internet connection.
  • You can easily set up and manage your Orbi via a mobile app.
  • Parental controls let you filter content and manage the screen time of your kids, giving you peace of mind that they’re safely browsing.
  • It features Netgear’s Armor built-in anti-virus and data theft protection, so you know your data is secure and you’re protected from cyber threats.
  • You can buy an Orbi that suits the size of your home, so you’re not paying for a range you don’t need. You can also buy add-ons to expand the range - a great option if you’re planning on moving around a bit.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said that setting up the Orbi went without a hitch, and that it was simple to remotely manage the system on their phones.
  • They reported that their internet speed was excellent and stable.
  • Most of them also said that it had far-reaching and consistent coverage.
  • Some gaming reviewers noted that they had improved pings when using the Orbi.
CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandTri-Band (2.4GHz, 2 x 5GHz)
FeaturesMesh Compatible and Mobile App Control