Netgear Orbi

Netgear Orbi (page 3 of 3)

MPN: 36525853

Pros

• Fast, stable connection

• Far-reaching, consistent coverage

• Simple to remotely manage

• Number of Connected Devices 13.263 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range

Josh

Joshsydney

EASY to install

I got this with the satelite and its so good that i almost get no lag from the satelite connection.
This is definitley a great investment especially if you want good internet speed at home. Also works great if you have a big house with mutiple levels and if you want good internet speed

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Dabba

DabbaMelbourne

Amazing: fixed long standing wifi issues and looks great

This has fixed so many nagging wifi issues I've had over the years. I should have made the upgrade earlier. For years, I just simply upsized my router to a more powerful one, but I was never able to get a stable connection for the far reaches of my house. The Orbi solved all of that. I even gave one as a gift, as solid steady wifi is lifechanging!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Justin

JustinSydney

Difficult set up

It took me 8 hours to get my Netgear Orbi to work. After having to manually download new firmware and then manually enter in my DNS settings from a screen shot of my old routers settings, it worked. It has also randomly stopped working once which was fixed by a manual reset and a repeat of my installation woes.

Wifi speed is great but I would not recommend as the Google Wi-Fi appears to be easier to use with the same amount of gain.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Modems

Find out how Netgear Orbi compares to other Modems

Bill

BillBass hill

Home wifi solution

This product is fantastic, I have a three story house and now can enjoy fast wifi everywhere. Easy to setup if you need help call www.ocsit.com.au they are good and can set it up. Recommend for small business as well. Also you can add more satellites to your Orbi wifi system.

Overall very happy and 100% recommend

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Mbna1234

Mbna1234Sydney Surrounds, NSW

This device has made my life so much easier!

This has been a complete sanity saver for me and my family. Living in a large 2 storey home with our NBN box in the garage (it was installed when our house was built), we were constantly struggling with our wifi signal. We couldn't stream tv or do anything online without the signal dropping. This has made the signal strength super strong and we can now access the Internet all over our house and even our yard without any hassles. Wish I'd known about it sooner.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Rio

RioSydney

Super easy setup

First time I use it, it’s the easiest router to setup I ever used for my two levels apartment. I just need to plug and input my isp account detail and good to go. For the extension, I don’t need to setup anything. Just follow the manual and good to go in 5 minutes. So far only lost connection once or twice within 3-4 months. And it’s easy to fix. Just turn power off and on again. Recommended for non IT user.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Signor F

Signor FPerth, WA

Great concept, still need some refining.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
John M

John MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Brilliant

I purchased the Orbi AC3000 system to replace my ASUS RT-AC87U to use in a large 2 storey home
The old system struggled to reach the far corners of the house and the wifi speed maxed out at 100 Mbps
The Orbi Mesh system easily covers the entire house and the wifi speed exceeds 400 Mbps throughout
Buffering when downloading videos are a thing of the past
Such a shame that my Telstra ADSL only achieves 5 Mbps ! Looking forward to NBN in my area
The built-in parental controls are excellent with approximately 50 customised options
I look forward to further firmware updates from Netgear

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Omer B

Omer BAuburn

Best Router!

This router has ran so well and the fact that you receive two modems for both ends of the house is amazing! Fast speeds in a busy suburban area and always receive full signal everywhere around the house. Signal even reaches out onto the street! Would recommend for anyone with a decent sized house!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Modems

Find out how Netgear Orbi compares to other Modems

CLM

CLMPerth

Works better than I ever expected

Date PurchasedJune 2017
unit

unitAdelaide

Great product

Easy setup. Bought online and normally i struggle setting up tec but this was easy and super fast seed. Fixed all drop out and dead zones. Had lots of areas the my old extendeds would not work. This fixed the issues and gave a much faster seed result. Love it and Recommend it

Date PurchasedApr 2017
merccrap

merccrapGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

High Performance.

Purchased this unit as the network grew, and I now have full signal and stable connection to the entire office. Expensive but worth the price. Very easy to set up.

bretta

brettaasked

Hi, I have a fibre connection at home, with a Tp-link Archer C7 modem/router, how do i connect up a Orbi RBK50 2pc set to it? Do i have to disable the 2 and 5 ghz wireless connection on the C7? Thanks.

Geoff Costello
Geoff Costello

If you gave Fibre to the premises NBN, that has an Ethernet port in the house. So it’s Easiest to replace the Archer C7 with the Orbi Router, otherwise the two wifi setups will fight and you will have two routers back to back.

Debbie T.

Debbie T.asked

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a mobile internet hotspot device (don't know what it's really called). I travel permently so fixed line no good. Need to attach several devices (5 give or take). What would you suggest I buy? 1. Mobile
2. Best reception
3. High speed
4. Can connect with Galaxy 9 & Xbox & Microsoft laptop & iPhone.
5. Telstra internet
I'm really lost and need your advice. Thanks

hawk C.

hawk C.asked

i have Orbi and have just switched to Foxtel, but it doesn't seem to work

Features:

• Netgear’s Orbi uses tri-band mesh WiFi technology, giving you the fastest available internet speeds on all devices.
  • Netgear advertises the Orbi as providing you with steady WiFi that doesn’t leave you walking around the house looking for a reliable internet connection.
  • You can easily set up and manage your Orbi via a mobile app.
  • Parental controls let you filter content and manage the screen time of your kids, giving you peace of mind that they’re safely browsing.
  • It features Netgear’s Armor built-in anti-virus and data theft protection, so you know your data is secure and you’re protected from cyber threats.
  • You can buy an Orbi that suits the size of your home, so you’re not paying for a range you don’t need. You can also buy add-ons to expand the range - a great option if you’re planning on moving around a bit.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said that setting up the Orbi went without a hitch, and that it was simple to remotely manage the system on their phones.
  • They reported that their internet speed was excellent and stable.
  • Most of them also said that it had far-reaching and consistent coverage.
  • Some gaming reviewers noted that they had improved pings when using the Orbi.
CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandTri-Band (2.4GHz, 2 x 5GHz)
FeaturesMesh Compatible and Mobile App Control