Fast, stable connection
Far-reaching, consistent coverage
Simple to remotely manage
BUY SOMETHING ELSE
At first these worked ok but after a couple of years they have become useless. Also their claims about coverage are total nonsense. Netgear support have given me new settings to try but still useless.
Purchased in June 2018.
Great when it works but very unreliable.
I can’t really recommend this product. The app is buggy and the satellite access points are very difficult to set up. I gave up trying to get additional access points working. The range of the access points is terrible like the tech support. My networking knowledge is intermediate to advanced and I can confidently say its not user error.
it works great. Full house Wifi coverage. until the next firmware update
I had this for 30 days but have to make a return as the automatic firmware updates breaks the wifi.
I replaced my Google wifi with Netgear Orbi RBK50 AC3000 due to the good reviews it ave received. I must try it.
It great when it works:
- great wifi coverage anywhere inside and outside the house.
- consistent wifi speeds with no or little black spots
- simple Web interface and IOS App
- easy too setup and you are good to go after 20 minutes
Find out how Netgear Orbi compares to other Modems
Know better, choose better.
- Verified purchase
Was fantastic but latest firmware updates have ruined it. Now a Disaster Area!!
Had Orbi for exactly a year and it has been good as gold connected to my NBN box, with great coverage everywhere. The latest set of firmware updates to 22.214.171.124 (automatic) have left me with a non-functional system, connections lost on a regular basis, app unable to connect, unable to login to Orbi and more. A quick look at Netgear communities shows hundreds of frustrated Orbi owners "Very frustrating because I've had the Orbi for a few months now and cannot return. It WAS rock solid before upgrading. " I have tried downgrading firmware, resetting everything and all to no avail. Planning to dump the whole Orbi thing and move to Google Wi-fi unless I can get this sorted. Total waste of $600!!!
Questions & Answers
Hi, I have a fibre connection at home, with a Tp-link Archer C7 modem/router, how do i connect up a Orbi RBK50 2pc set to it? Do i have to disable the 2 and 5 ghz wireless connection on the C7? Thanks.
If you gave Fibre to the premises NBN, that has an Ethernet port in the house. So it’s Easiest to replace the Archer C7 with the Orbi Router, otherwise the two wifi setups will fight and you will have two routers back to back.
Hi everyone. I'm looking for a mobile internet hotspot device (don't know what it's really called). I travel permently so fixed line no good. Need to attach several devices (5 give or take). What would you suggest I buy? 1. Mobile
2. Best reception
3. High speed
4. Can connect with Galaxy 9 & Xbox & Microsoft laptop & iPhone.
5. Telstra internet
I'm really lost and need your advice. Thanks
i have Orbi and have just switched to Foxtel, but it doesn't seem to work
- Netgear’s Orbi uses tri-band mesh WiFi technology, giving you the fastest available internet speeds on all devices.
- Netgear advertises the Orbi as providing you with steady WiFi that doesn’t leave you walking around the house looking for a reliable internet connection.
- You can easily set up and manage your Orbi via a mobile app.
- Parental controls let you filter content and manage the screen time of your kids, giving you peace of mind that they’re safely browsing.
- It features Netgear’s Armor built-in anti-virus and data theft protection, so you know your data is secure and you’re protected from cyber threats.
- You can buy an Orbi that suits the size of your home, so you’re not paying for a range you don’t need. You can also buy add-ons to expand the range - a great option if you’re planning on moving around a bit.
Points of praise:
- Many reviewers said that setting up the Orbi went without a hitch, and that it was simple to remotely manage the system on their phones.
- They reported that their internet speed was excellent and stable.
- Most of them also said that it had far-reaching and consistent coverage.
- Some gaming reviewers noted that they had improved pings when using the Orbi.
|Category||Routers and Modems|
|Frequency Band||Tri-Band (2.4GHz, 2 x 5GHz)|
|Features||Mesh Compatible and Mobile App Control|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 year(s)|
Visit official website
- GTIN14: 10606449116349
- MPN: 36525853
- GTIN12: 606449116342, 606449131055, 606449138009 and 606449148039
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.