Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P

Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P (page 2 of 2)

MPN: 35915771

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

KayDat

KayDatAustralia

Fantastic router

Until I had purchased this router, I was of the belief a router is a router. Just get the cheapest one, and you're off the the races. Except I always had issues with Wi-Fi and connection dropouts. Not any more, this thing is rock solid. You can also install custom open source firmware (such as ddwrt or tomato) if you're so inclined.
Other built in features like USB NAS support seem a little gimmicky and not as smoothly integrated compared with dedicated solutions, but they do work.
Only niggle I have is that the web GUI can be a little clunky.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

kezz

kezzVictoria, 3028

Almost perfect

Date PurchasedMar 2016
M Yun

M YunMelbourne, Victoria

Feature packed router

Bought this router off gumtree for $100 and I believe that is the best money I have spent on a router. Currently using it on an ADSL2+ connection (with NBN due soon) with a Telstra modem on bridge mode. It was fairly easy to set it up and get it going although the interface could get a modern makeover. Wireless performance is definitely much better than the old TP-Link D7 it replaced. The wireless connection has been very stable across all the devices in my house, There are still heaps of features which I haven't explored but I guess those will appeal to a more advanced user. The iOS companion app is very handy when it comes to restarting the router or having a look at all the devices on the network.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Felicia

FeliciaRyde

Perfect modem for high-tech era!

The modem is stable since we used. It has good penetration. We seldom reboot the machine. Netgear gives us a secure internet environment and it is suitable for the family which has heavy use of computers and internet. The speed is good with good energy efficiency level. It is problem free for the whole family. I highly recommend it !

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Alphonso K

Alphonso KVIC, 3170

Works perfectly with my 100mbps NBN network

Works well and have not had any issues. Been using this since July 2014 and it is still going strong. As I live in a townhouse with my friends next door, we share the internet with just 1 R7000. 5ghz connection is a bit short but the 2.4ghz connects every corner of both houses without any reduction in speed.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

mun

munGold Coast

Just OK. Nothing to call home about.

Works well, have not had any issues thus far. No software issues so far, everything runs alright. Programs are responsive and run well on this device. Good design, nice colour and solid manufacturing. However, it's not particularly impressive given the relatively high price point. It's no better than the TP-Link I also have which I got for half the price.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

jwb1981

jwb1981QLD, 4103

A nice little router

I'm moving house, so I need a new router. I tried it at the house I'm at, east to setup, the wifi works great, and I set up a guest wifi, so if friends come over, they can use it without knowing the main wifi password.
The only thing I don't like about it is the size, and how it can only be put flat on the table, which I don't really care about it since it can be placed on top of the PC or a shelf somewhere.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Corey

CoreyAdelaide

Great signal in poor reception buildings (e.g. Town House)

My main reason for purchasing the Netgear R7000 Nighthawk was due to the fact that living in a townhouse meant I got poor signal upstairs, especially with mobiles devices. Purchased this and the signal was much more reliable, especially in the deadspots. Currently, not using it as I have moved, however, will be re-connecting again soon to take advantage of the QoS for gaming.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Chun

ChunSydney, NSW

Very happy with my Netgear R7000 Nighthawk

For some reasons, the wireless function of my modem started to fail (i.e. connected devices drop constantly), so I decided to buy the Netgear R7000 as a separate wireless router. This device has been working really well (with strong signal) and is very stable (not much signal drops) over the past 6 to 9 months. The Live Parental Controls which come free of charge is great and is very easy to setup. I am currently using it at our home to stop our children accessing websites which are not suitable for them.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Josh C.

Josh C.

Best router i've owned.

I upgraded to this from a WNDR3800 which performed well but had poor Wi-Fi coverage. I originally tried a netgear Wi-Fi range extender but that caused issues with devices hunting around the different networks and dropouts at extreme ends of the house.

I have a large 2 storey house and this router covers the whole house in 2.4GHz and will even do my front and back yard.

Performance is great, never drops out and I have 10-20 devices running off it both hardwired and wireless.

Highly recommended.

HsanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Wi-Fi Router

tharsis

tharsisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Decent hardware, a tad unreliable, horrid support

cummo63

cummo63AU

Think twice about this router. Expensive and does not live up to its claims of reliability and speed