2.1

26% · 283776 · 72%

1,071 reviews
Susan
Susan6 posts

Always fast and effective service

Have been using them for 4 years now and have always has positive resolution on issues. Some have taken longer. They explain what they are doing. They are clear and don’t assume you know it all or are stupid Show reply
JustAnotherCustomer
JustAnotherCustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

The worst headache of my life

Quite simply the worst service provider out there.
Our domains are consistently having security breaches where hackers are removing our email accounts and uploading spamming software.
Support tickets are just a cosmetic appearance on the console as noone responds to them, it seems if you want to get a response you have to write a review on here to get their attention.
Have since removed all our domains and transferred them to a new host.
Mak
Mak2 posts

Bad support

I will never recommend anyone to sign up with this company. The support staff are based overseas and they basically are not capable to provide the proper support. I do not blame the support staff but the company that is based in Australia. After I signed up, I realised that my web site was not secure, then I do not mind to pay for a secure site with an additional $99 for a year. But the staff took so long to respond and to get it set up. I then decided not to have a secure site with this company and move my web hosting somewhere else.
LDC
LDCSouth East Queensland, QLD

domains hacked

we had 5 domains with netregistry and all were hacked. We were unable to send or receive emails and someone had taken control of all of our accounts and were using to spam.

Netregistry didn't provide any support for 6 days and when resolved it happened again.

Their servers are not secure

Brett
Brett

Consistently bad

Been with netregistry for close to 20 years and I would say the last 10 they have been consistently bad, alway issue with emails, if emails are important to you or your business then you should avoid
Dwight V.
Dwight V.2 posts

Run away and never look back

I’ve been with netregistry for over 10 years.

I upgraded my email hosting service after 3 months of use. Now netregistry says I need to pay for both services although the older service is cancelled. They won’t accept 3 months of payment for 3 months of service. They demand 12 months of payment for both services which cover an overlapping 9 month period.

When I disputed it , they suspended my seperate domain registration service.

Run away from these guys. They are thugs and bullies.

Sylvia S.
Sylvia S.Sydney, NSW

Slow in response

Its very slow in responding to the problem. For many times the same issues with the server error for business this is so frustrated issue. We need your support team be more faster to respond to urgent issues.
Mark
MarkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Great customer service

The customer office is friendly and patient. They called me back instead of having me wait on the phone. I have been with them for years and I would recommend Netregistry Show reply
danni
danniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service!

Called Net Registry yesterday with emails being down and not responding and promised by the team will be fixed by morning and sure enough it was...thanks team great work well done! Show reply
raider
raiderSydney, NSW5 posts

Stay away

Don't waste your time or money with Net Registry. I've been a long time customer, but they've really dropped the ball since changing hands last year. Changed hosting package and consequently had no access to e-mail for nearly three weeks. In the end I paid a third party to get it sorted out as support staff were clueless. To be frank, I'm only still a customer because they owe me money, which is a pretty poor business model.
Joseph M.
Joseph M.South West, WA2 posts

Took weeks to resolve. Poor communication within organisation

I purchased an SSL certificate for my website, paying $199.00. My email and website went down as a result. Call centre tried hard, but struggled to communicate between themselves.

I spoke to at least four technical support staff and had to start over most times. They tried to help, but it took over two weeks to resolve the issue.

The sales team didn't seem to care at all, even though they were the ones selling the product. They took no responsibility and simply passed me off to another section as soon as they could.

My confidence in Netregisty's services has dropped considerably and I'm locked in for another year.

I just hope things improve.

Fred Up
Fred Up2 posts

Poor service

Reading reviews here I wonder why I have stayed with this mob.
Credit Card changed to a new one, site expired over the christmas break.
Told needed to pay for restore, agreed, waited 24hrs, nothing.
Contacted for update, told need to pay for restore, Groundhog day.
Meanwhile business email unavailable, they contacted me by email ????
Phil A.
Phil A.Sydney, NSW7 posts

Michael
MichaelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good product, great up time

Over 10 years the up time has been as close to 100% as I could expect. Love that it’s an Aussie company and I’m served by Aussie techsperts. The support is awesome, and any discussion feels like a “team“ discussion, me and netregistry together.  Show reply
Jack Beulah
Jack BeulahMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Not a happy experience on credit card change at annual fee renewal

The email prompt for annual domain charges renewal was necessary because my credit card had changed - the prompt email did not have any account reference data to allow the speedy conclusion of new card details and payment - i was put through a lengthy and clunky telephone call - which brought other ACTUAL business to a halt!
Tom C
Tom C2 posts

Very dodgy operator and terrible customer service

Netregistry took my money with there dodgy auto renew which renewed for a 2 year term. They don’t tell you how much will be debited, or when. I asked for a refund given the new term didn’t commence until a month after they debited the money from my credit card and they just sited there dodgy terms and conditions. Totally illegal what they are doing but they continue to get away with it. Do not trust these guys, they do not care about there customers at all and do not deserve to be in business. Do not trust.

Venezia J.
Venezia J.Darwin, NT

customer service

great service whenever you need they are always offer help . Staffs are well trained. I have bumed into a bad web designer and I end up have to asked Netregistry to help me to retreive my domain from my bad web builder . So I would like to remind anyone who want to have websit build you should register the domain by your self and do not let your web builder to register it . Thanks for Netregister team 's help again Show reply
Wallpaper S.
Wallpaper S.3 posts

Do not use Website Builder. It’s a scam

Netregistry supplied my domain name. I paid for that.
Netregistry supplied the website. I paid for that.
Netregistry hosts my website which I built on your Netregistry website builder, I paid for that. Now Netregistry are telling me my website is not secure ??
Netregistry wants me to pay an extra $191.00 a year for a certificate that says it’s secure ????
What sort of dishonest scam you are they trying to run ??
Norm
NormSouth East Queensland, QLD

Restoration of Account

My account had been cancelled because payment couldn't be made by a cancelled credit card (unknown to me). Support staff were quick to restore my account and all extras. Thank you guys. Show reply
Jane W.
Jane W.Central West, NSW

So Helpful

Everyone is so helpful. If you don't understand something they don't get frustrated with you, they just explain it in another way. Can't thank them enough. Wonderful people and wonderful work. Show reply
Andrew E.
Andrew E.Victoria

The worst in every regard

They have just become worse and worse in terms of performance and service. It never used to be like that but they essentially now blame me for poor website performance when I have less websites running now than i did have, and that I should now upgrade to a private server. Today it tool 31 seconds to load a simple html page, and this happens frequently. Often emails time out, and outages are with websites down is not uncommon.
Help is an oxymoron as it is anything but that. Last chat I complained about the poor service and the reply was, you're welcome, thanks for contacting us then ended the chat.
Stay away.
Doug
DougCentral, SA

Great Friendly and confident support

Called yesterday in regard to DNS zone management of MX record. Not only did they resolve my issue, they indicated what the problem was so the problem wouldn't occur again. They even restored some DNS Manager edit credits!!  Show reply
Paul
PaulFar North Queensland, QLD

additional MS 365 email essentials disaster

An hour ago I applied for an additional MS 365 email essentials. Talked with a lady on the "chat line" before to ensure I was on the right track. Did what I was told to do and the system took my $54 and told me there was a system issue. Money gone from my CC account for no service. Have been on the phone to them to no avail. Want me to send my CC statement to show where I spent the money - you have to be kidding, look at your record of my purchase.
leo
leo

Netregistry Support and service

The Netregistry support Team provided me excellent service and support today. Phone calls answered within 5 minutes and issues resolved quickly. The helpdesk system together with phone conversations with people really makes a difference. Show reply
RosBL
RosBL

Great service and knowledgeable staff

Knowledgeable and efficient staff. They dealt with my issues immediately and politely, connecting me from one department to another seamlessly, and even correcting something that I had wrongly inserted online. Great service. Efficiency and helpfulness most appreciated. Show reply
Dianna
Dianna

Always sort out my problems

We have been with Netregistry for many years and any problems or concerns are always sorted quickly and with the best telephone service. Our business has gone from a small local to an international seller and we would never go anywhere else. Thanks team for saving me hours of stressing, I always know you have my back. Show reply

JRo
JRoSydney, NSW5 posts

A complete fake

Unreliable, unprofessional, unhelpful, disrespectful. Was with them for over 10 years and they let me walk after refusing to pay for a fault that cost me money. Don’t use them
David
DavidHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Mistake leading to compromise of business activity

I asked for 2 out of 3 licenses of Outlook Email Essentials to be removed and for 1 to remain. Netregistry removed all 3 licenses and responded with "we have done as you requested". My business activity has now been irreparably compromised.
sydney25
sydney25

website

good quick service. would recommend to anyone. Marionne attended to me and was very helpful and quick to answer our queries. Staff is very knowledgeable friendly patient and courteous. good job
 Show reply
Tim Price
Tim PriceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Hard to use dashboards, terrible customer service and support. They bought the registrar I chose, but are extremely poor

Netregistry bought my registrar, told me I would not need to do anything, but let the name servers of my old registrar expire, ruining my business.

After several years, my DNS records all vanished when they allowed name-servers.com.au to expire.

After talking to netregistry support, they denied being registrar for my domain & forced me to purchase additional paid support to rectify their error.

Ben S.
Ben S.South East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT USE NETREGISTRY

Our website and web-server became inaccessible and has so far been unavailable for 20+ hours. There is zero understanding or appreciation of the issue, their staff simply do not comprehend or seem to care about what is happening and try to explain things away with nonsensical technical puffery which has no relevance to the problem; calls are not returned when promised; apologies are empty and words they are trained to say; do not utilise their services.

Attached is just one example of a call-time with their support. Today alone I have made six calls to their call-centre to follow up and get promised updates. As it stands our website is still down and they continue to be useless.

Dave from Byron

John Henry2 posts

lyallp
lyallpMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Recommend NetRegistry

Been using them for years, with multiple domains.
On-line Chat is quick, responsive and helpful.
Communications by email, such as renewals are well in advance of expiry, which is good, since nobody wants to lose a domain!
 Show reply
Martin
MartinSydney, NSW

Netregistry are hard to deal with and don't fix technical problems which exist at their end

After having worked for some time, the site has now become impossible for people to view. I was told that it was 'pointed at the wrong server' and would be fixed in 2-4 hours. It has not been fixed and now I'm losing business because of Netregistry.
They used to be a good company to deal with but now they're really expensive (compared to, say, Godaddy), they're hard to contact, and they don't fix technical problems

PNi
PNi3 posts

Run away!

Couldn't get my emails when Covid first hit - our whole business ground to a holt for 2 weeks!! Spent probably 24 hours total on the phone to people who couldn't work it out. Finally it got resolved and I swore I'd move. Ended up leaving it..
Then 2 days ago, the emails stopped again - they tell me it's because the account remains unpaid. It's an automatic payment. They tell me the credit card expired 09/2019. I tell the guy on Live Chat that if that were true, I would have had an issue before now!?!? Go online to update the CC - god only know what they did with the real credit card details?!?! Now I'm looking elsewhere....they are ridiculously hopeless.
Disgruntled customer
Disgruntled customer3 posts

Support line is a waste of time

I was unable to access my email account. A lot of time spent on phone (mostly on hold) and some time on chat lines. Call centre is a complete waste of time. Issue was only (partly resolved) when I spoke to someone in Australia who found there was settings that needed updating. Despite assurances I can still only send emails on my laptop. iPad an phone (iPhone) still unable to send emails although at least I can receive emails on these devices.

As an aside, the don't send an invoice until after payment. Good business practice is that you pay on receipt of an invoice. Not pay first and hope an invoice is coming.

Dave Spencer
Dave SpencerSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Do not become a reseller with these folk

Netregistry lost a number of hosting clients out of my accounts during a botched migration to TPP Wholesale. They didn't even tell me that they were doing it?? Criminal. If I had a dollar for every apology I've received, I would have recouped the revenue I have lost. No one can tell me what happened? I am dumbfounded ...
Craigy B.
Craigy B.

difficult.com

absolutely awful customer service . Hard to contact hard to setup a payment hard to communicate in general. Cut off my website when I need it live for my business. Just awful all-round.

Extra Information