Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

1.5

• Causes Irritation Yes (2) · No (0)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell
  • Skin Type
Johan Clonell

Johan ClonellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not gentle at all and very drying.

I have atopic skin, very sensitive and prone to drying. I bought this "extra gentle" cleanser based on the excellent reviews it got but after using it I had the typical dry and tight skin feeling from so many other cleansers and soaps so this Neutrogena was not gentle nor hydrating at all.

I then read the most recent reviews and immediately understood the reason and I agree that whatever is in this new formula, it has completely ruined it. It's really frustrating.

Purchased in January 2020.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Skin TypeSensitive Skin

Please please bring back the original formula!

I have dry sensitive skin and had searched far and wide for a gentle cleanser before discovering the Neutrogena Extra Gentle. I loved how minimal yet effective the original formula was. Out of the many that I had tried, it was the only cleanser that didn't dry out my skin or leave a residue and was a pleasure to use. The new formulation is the total opposite - far too drying and burns the skin around my nose and mouth. It's frustrating because I had used this cleanser for years and must now find something new. Pleeease listen to your customers Neutrogena and bring back the original Extra Gentle!

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Ease of Application