Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

Brand Manager for Neutrogena? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Suitable for sensitive skin

• Fragrance-free

• Intensely moisturising

Cons

• Can be sticky and greasy

dazza
dazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Aweful

Of all the hand creams I have tried over the years this one has to be the worse. I don’t have an issue with silcone based products which gives this product its concentrated consistency BUT the downside is it didn’t hydrate my hands at all but rather coated them in what felt like a protective barrier. It didn’t help with my dry cuticles either which made them feel drier in the morning. By far the best hand creams I’ve tried is Aveda and Kiehl’s.

Smells distinctly of foot odor/toe jam

As for the soft, smooth hands they claim you'll have, they're right. Unfortunately this hand cream absolutely wreaks of feet! I cannot get over spending £4.20 to make my hands smell of stinky feet.

Other Moisturisers

Bee C
Bee CPerth, WA

A bit greasy but effective

This to me,is more like a balm than a hand cream. If you use too much, hands end up very greasy and it takes a long time to absorb. If you use a small amount though, it is quite good. I would only use this as an overnight hand treatment. This has a strange medicinal scent to it which I'm not that keen on but it's tolerable. You can use this as a lip balm for chapped lips! Overall I think this product is overhyped. I have used better hand creams.
Very moisturising, inexpensive, easy to find
Odd scent, too greasy for daytime use

I think it works wonders! I had seriously chapped, dry, sun burnt lips and the hand cream completly cured them in 2 days!normaly it takes weeks!

handm
handmAustralia

Terrible

I know other people on here have waxed lyrical about this product but for me, I'd rather pay more for a nicer smelling cream from the Body Shop or elsewhere. Everytime I apply this cream, I immediately want to wash it off (which isn't easy after you've doused your hands with the stuff) and regret it straight away. It's got a very distinct odour and it is thick and difficult to smooth onto your hands. It is a shame as Neutrogena products are normally great and economical to boot - but I would splash out on another brand for hand cream.
Cheap and small for your handbag
Smelly!

Moisturisers

Find out how Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream compares to other Moisturisers

Mary-anne
Mary-anneAU

functional but not pretty

This is a great moisturizer for extremely dry skin. It does the job well but I don't really like the texture - it's a bit thick and doesn't seem to sink in as quickly as some more water based moisturisers. It kind of feels like Vaseline a bit.

I like the small tube and it's cost affective - but I've stopped using it simply because it sometimes feels a bit greasy
moisturising, size is good
a bit greasy feeling

Pa555
Pa555
Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OK

It is a good hand cream which is slightly more expensive. It is thicker than some others, so a little bit will be enough for rough hands. You may want to try it once and see if you like it. I found it overall a bit disappointing, or maybe I was expecting too much.
I tried this hand cream because I had heard a lot of hype about it being so effective and I found it okay. Not a bad product, I used the unscented version and a small amount is enough for dry hands. I did feel that my hands were a bit smoother after use, but other products have done the same.
Not sure what all the hype about this product was. It was just average for me, maybe I should buy another container and try it again.

natales
natales

OK

I gave this hand cream a try as i came across it in teh supermarket and it seemed reasonably priced and i liked the size of the tube which fits nicely in my handbag. Unfortunately i found this hand cream to be too heavy and greasy for my hands. I stopped using it after a couple of weeks as although i saw signs of improvement, i disliked how the cream would settle into the dry cracks of my hands which made it difficult to rub in.
Great for dry skin. Works well if you have skin conditions like psoriasis or ezcema.
Too greasy for me. Leaves a white coating which takes a while to rub in.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Three questions to ask to find the best moisturiser for you

Avleen M.
Avleen M.6 July 2020
three-questions-to-ask-to-find-the-best-moisturiser-for-you
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Elva
Elvaasked

Is the hand cream suitable for the face?

brianasked

Howdy - I bought some netragenia cream and used it and can't find it / when or if I find it has it got a use by date printed somewhere on the tube?

Michelle P
Michelle P

Hi Brian. The tube has a date of manufacture on the crimp, but no expiry date. I don't think it actually "goes off" but I remember reading somewhere on a product review page that it has a shelf-life of 3 years from manufacture. I think any kind of product like this that has no expiry date, is usually good for at least one year.

Howdy - ok thanks - cheers

Dee
Dee

Hi Brian, I agree with Michelle. Also, hand creams of this size don't usually have a use by date as they are used fairly quickly anyway. Dee

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream delivers effective relief for dry, chapped hands. It is so concentrated that only a small amount instantly leaves even dry, cracked hands noticeably softer and smoother after just one application. Used daily, it moisturises dry, chapped skin. Used overnight, it heals dry skin.

Features

• Relieves dry, rough skin
  • 24 hours of moisturisation
  • Glycerin-rich
  • Fragrance-free
  • Over 200 applications in 56g

What reviewers thought

This product is economical as a little goes a long way and relieves symptoms of dry hands. It is suitable for those with sensitive skin and eczema and is fragrance-free. It can be slightly greasy or sticky upon application.

CategoryMoisturisers