Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

Brand Manager for Neutrogena? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Suitable for sensitive skin

• Fragrance-free

• Intensely moisturising

Cons

• Can be sticky and greasy

• Skin Type
  • Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (3)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell
Lean Smith
Lean SmithGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great product

One of the only hand creams that work for my hands. My hands are usually rough and dry prone to crack, I have used this product and it definitely improved a lot. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Purchased in August 2012.

Renee
ReneePerth, WA

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I had terribly cracked and dry sore flakey hands and after just one week of using this hand cream just once in the morning and once at night time it has made such an incredible difference! I prefer to use just twice a day as it is quite thick and you really need to rub it in thoroughly plus I am not that fond of the smell but it is so worth it for the results! It really is an extensive hand repair cream for very dry hands.

Purchased in January 2020 at Priceline for $8.00.

Harrison
HarrisonSydney, NSW

Fantastic

I have used this product for a long time, and I am very impressed with the way that it works. Being fragrance free, it will not irritate dry, fissured and cracked hands. This is a thick ointment, that hydrates and protects the hands and leaves a powder-dry touch finish- so you can continue on with your daily activities.
TIP: I recommend applying it onto DAMP hands- this way, it can work by sealing in the water into the skin and ensuring it stays hydrated.

Purchased in January 2020 at Priceline for $7.49.

dazza
dazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Aweful

Of all the hand creams I have tried over the years this one has to be the worse. I don’t have an issue with silcone based products which gives this product its concentrated consistency BUT the downside is it didn’t hydrate my hands at all but rather coated them in what felt like a protective barrier. It didn’t help with my dry cuticles either which made them feel drier in the morning. By far the best hand creams I’ve tried is Aveda and Kiehl’s.

Moisturisers

Find out how Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream compares to other Moisturisers

Jess B
Jess BNew South Wales, 2560

Love this, been using it for years!

I started using this hand cream about ten years ago after a friend recommended it. I love it! It can be a bit greasy but I think it works best when applied at night so it has time to do it's magic!

Laura1967
Laura1967Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best hand cream that actually works

No other hand cream works for me apart from this one. It absorbs so well and doesn't leave a greasy feeling. It works very quickly for very dry hands. It does wonders for the cuticles as well.

Sophia C
Sophia CSydney

Soooo good!

It cured my hand eczema after a couple of days application. After giving birth 16 months ago, my hands became very very chapped and so many open sores from all the bottle washing etc etc. I used steroid cream constantly and it would get better for a couple of weeks and come back but with this cream my hands are back to pre baby! Honestly can’t recommend it enough!

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Three questions to ask to find the best moisturiser for you

Avleen M.
Avleen M.6 July 2020
three-questions-to-ask-to-find-the-best-moisturiser-for-you
Shadi
ShadiSydney

Best cream ever!!!!

Omgggg this cream is miracle... it changes back my hand skin to my childhood after 2 times use...
After giving birth my hand became so dry and this cream made the miracle very quick...

citychick176
citychick176Sydney

Best ever hand cream

Recommended to me by a dermatologist after the skin on my palms and fingers began cracking and splitting from using soap, detergent and other hand creams. This is the only one I use now. I keep a full sized one at home and a travel mini size in my handbag so I'm never without it! It's really moisturing and dries quickly without that sticky feeling.

Jillybean
JillybeanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product

Being a nurse my hands and nails are dry from washing & alcohol gels. Neutrogena cream is fabulous - economical and works much better than other hand creams I have tried. On the negative side, it is a bit sticky to apply but is worth overlooking this for the results you get. Definitely will keep buying this one.

Smells distinctly of foot odor/toe jam

As for the soft, smooth hands they claim you'll have, they're right. Unfortunately this hand cream absolutely wreaks of feet! I cannot get over spending £4.20 to make my hands smell of stinky feet.

Will
WillAustralia

Personally, The Most Effective Cream for Eczema

This is the most effective cream for hand eczema that I've discovered thus far. It has really made a difference while applying minimal amounts to any dry areas, before bed and in the morning. I'd recommend spot applications throughout the day if there is any dryness from washing hands. One of the best aspects of it is the fragrance free option, no need to smell like body soap or lady's perfume!

Dry hands gone

I'm a cleaner and use strong chemicals every day. I always had dry hands that always feel rough. Not like a ladies hands at all. Just recently i had the worst dermatologist i had in years i used it on the Monday and by Tuesday my red raw fingers were no where to been seen. I use it everyday now and would not use anything else. My hands are the smoothest i have had in years.

Tan
TanCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

The best I've found!

I have ridiculously dry wrinkly hands and have tried so many products but this is by far the best!! I'm actually shocked at how good it is and I recently used it on my lips as I'd misplaced my usual lip balm and it was brilliant for that too.

csilberman
csilbermanPerth

Keeps My Skin Smooth

I work outside, so my skin is always in need of moisturizing and protection. This product keeps my skin smooth and protected. It goes on quick and drys quick. It does not take a large glob to work. Even after washing it till feels like it is on my skin protecting me. I feel relief immediatly. I absoloutly love this product. Will buy again!

Elva
Elvaasked

Is the hand cream suitable for the face?

brianasked

Howdy - I bought some netragenia cream and used it and can't find it / when or if I find it has it got a use by date printed somewhere on the tube?

Michelle P
Michelle P

Hi Brian. The tube has a date of manufacture on the crimp, but no expiry date. I don't think it actually "goes off" but I remember reading somewhere on a product review page that it has a shelf-life of 3 years from manufacture. I think any kind of product like this that has no expiry date, is usually good for at least one year.

Howdy - ok thanks - cheers

Dee
Dee

Hi Brian, I agree with Michelle. Also, hand creams of this size don't usually have a use by date as they are used fairly quickly anyway. Dee

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream delivers effective relief for dry, chapped hands. It is so concentrated that only a small amount instantly leaves even dry, cracked hands noticeably softer and smoother after just one application. Used daily, it moisturises dry, chapped skin. Used overnight, it heals dry skin.

Features

• Relieves dry, rough skin
  • 24 hours of moisturisation
  • Glycerin-rich
  • Fragrance-free
  • Over 200 applications in 56g

What reviewers thought

This product is economical as a little goes a long way and relieves symptoms of dry hands. It is suitable for those with sensitive skin and eczema and is fragrance-free. It can be slightly greasy or sticky upon application.

CategoryMoisturisers