Neutrogena T/Gel

Neutrogena T/Gel

Pros

• Soothes itchy scalps

• Can treat psoriasis and dandruff

• Leaves hair healthy and clean

Cons

• May turn light hair orange

• Smell can be unpleasant

3.7

• Causes Irritation Yes · No (7)
  • Smell
Kaz
KazHunter Region, NSW

It’s was ok but I needed to use it for at least a month

Smell is not pleasant and it dries your scalp but in saying that I have used every shampoo on the market and it one is the best one out there for me

Purchased in March 2021 at Woolworths for $15.00.

Hair TypeDry

Grey / Blonde hair turned ory

My blonde and grey hair turned orange after one use and it dud not wash out as of one week .
I am at my colorist right now getting help.

What a surprise

Purchased for $6.00.

Hair TypeColoured
Charlene C.
Charlene C.

By far the most amazing product for psoriasis

Purchased in November 2020 for $13.00.

Hair TypeNormal and Oily
Shampoos & Conditioners

Find out how Neutrogena T/Gel compares to other Shampoos & Conditioners

Laura C.
Laura C.Sydney, NSW

Amazing Product!

I bought this for my partner who has had a dry flaky scalp since before we met (over 2 years) and after only ONE wash, I'd say 95% (if not more) of the flaky skin was gone! Absolutely amazing results! I'll see how it goes long term but short term, I am absolutely wowed! He's been using head and shoulders for a long time which I've heard just aids in irritating the scalp so he'll definitely never use that again after discovering T-Gel!
It's pretty pricey, but so worth it if it keeps the dry skin away.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $13.00.

Kurisutaru E.
Kurisutaru E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does the job

Decided to use this shampoo for psoriasis on my scalp as my prescribed shampoo cannot be used more than one month.
This helps with the itching and removing flakes from the scalp. Although I still get a little flaking and itching. It doesn't smell great (smokey/petrol smell).
The good thing is I can't smell it after conditioning with a natural conditioner.
This can be drying, so make sure you have a good conditioner.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles.

Hair TypeNormal and Oily
Mlg
MlgMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

works ok

aids in control of psoriasis of the scalp but doesn't get it under control. If used regularly it does help somewhat. The only thing is it has a terrible smell.

Purchased in January 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Hair TypeOily
Just reviewing stuff
Just reviewing stuffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Relieved a very itchy scalp

I used this twice a week for a month to relieve my itchy scalp. Between the days I'd use this shampoo, I used my usual shampoo once a day. It worked well and my scalp ended up not itchy anymore, less red than before, and I had much less dandruff than before.

WGoldbergasked

Is it any good?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Please try it and report back. TY

WGoldberg

I.P. Daily did you try it? Is it any good?

Lynette Basked

What are the ingredients please

WGoldberg

Neutar Solubilised Coal Tar Extract 2% (equivalent to 0.5% w/v Coal Tar) in a mild shampoo base. Contains as preservatives: Diazolidinyl Urea 0.10% w/v, Methyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.04% w/v, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.01% w/v.

Contains: 2.0% W/V Neutar equivalent to 0.5% W/V Coal Tar. Contains Neutar solubilised Coal Tar Extract 2% (equivalent to 0.5% w/v coal tar) in a mild shampoo base and Methyl Hydroxybenzoate, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate and Diazolidinyl urea as preservatives.

WGoldberg

Saw it here: https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/6562/neutrogena-t-gel-therapeutic-shampoo-200ml

thankyou for that information

P Alegria
P Alegriaasked

Hi Im start using the T/Gel shampoo for treatment of scalp dermatitis. Can I used everyday? Can I use a conditioner after? Can I use it on my face?
Pato Alegria

Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo is an effective therapeutic treatment designed to help control the scalp itching and flaking symptomatic of scalp psoriasis, eczema, seborrhoeic dermatitis and common dandruff.

The clear amber formula starts working on contact to help control itching and flaking from the first use and continues to work for hours even after the shampoo is rinsed off, leaving hair looking healthy and manageable.

Features

Ingredients

Directions

• Use in adults and children above 2 years of age.
  • Use for the control of itching and flaking associated with dandruff, psoriasis, eczema and seborrhoeic dermatitis.
  • Wet hair thoroughly, massage the shampoo into your scalp, lather it, leaving it on your hair and scalp for several minutes, then rinse and repeat.
  • Helps control psoriasis, seborrhoeic, dermatitis and dandruff.

Product Warnings

• For external use only
  • Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed get medical help or contact the Poisons Information Centre
  • In rare instances discolouration of grey, blonde, bleached or tinted hair may occur
  • Do not use if you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients, on acutely inflamed or broken skin, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
  • Avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
  • Do not use for prolonged periods except on the advice of a doctor. It may increase your tendency to sunburn for up to 24 hours after application.
  • Stop use if irritation occurs. Consult a doctor if your condition worsens or does not improve after regular use of this product as recommended.

What reviewers thought

The smell is not the most pleasant and the product can dry out the scalp. The product can also turn grey or bleached blonde hair orange.

Those who suffered from psoriasis said this product was effective at easing symptoms and leaving hair healthy and clean.

CategoryShampoos & Conditioners