Neutrogena T/Gel

Neutrogena T/Gel (page 2 of 4)

Pros

• Soothes itchy scalps

• Can treat psoriasis and dandruff

• Leaves hair healthy and clean

Cons

• May turn light hair orange

• Smell can be unpleasant

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (7)
  • Smell
Ashleigh
Ashleigh

Works for me

I have mild to moderate psoriasis on my scalp and it gets particularly bad around the base of my neck. I had tried a tar shampoo in the past but it didn't help at all.
I bought the neutrogena T/gel shampoo and conditioner and my psoriasis has pretty much disappeared.
The only issue I have with the product is that I have to be really careful with the way I apply it in my hair. If I massage it in thoroughly it makes my hair really knotty and hard to brush afterwards. The smell isn't great but not terrible.

Nat of Nundah
Nat of Nundah

We all love it!

My husband and daughter both have either eczema and psoriasis. T/gel has been great for both their hair and skin. My husband washes his face in it and it has helped the skin on his face to become smoother. My daughter's hair is shinier and healthier looking too. A word of warning though if you colour your hair- my dark hair became lighter after just one use. Fortunately I liked the effect! Opinions on the smell: My husband likes it ( a very masculine smell of tar!), my daughter doesn't like it, so she uses it only once a week as a "treatment" and on a day that she is not going out.

Chan
ChanPerth

Practical vs Fancy.

"Beauty is pain". If you've heard this statement you might understand. Growing up I had to use T Gel for years as it was the only thing that would stop my psoriasis. Once I started getting my hair dyed blonde, though, the T Gel would turn my hair orange. I wouldn't recommend this for people with blonde hair, but if you have psoriasis this eases the pain and the psoriasis will almost disappear. (I'm pretty sure they use to do a shampoo/conditioner combined & liquid was white.)

emma.w
emma.wMelbourne

Lifesaver

I developed scalp psoriasis pretty suddenly (thanks stressful job!) and didn't know what I was dealing with for a month. After trying many shampoos to cure what I thought was dry scalp, I was left with an itchy, flaky and extremely painful scalp. In just one wash I saw and felt a huge difference - the pain started to subside and there was less buildup. I use it every 3 or so days and leave it on for about 5-10 minutes to really soak in. I'm so grateful that this product contains real coal tar and is readily available in supermarkets. I really think T/Gel saved my scalp.

Hockeyblood
Hockeyblood

It works!

I have suffered chronic dundruff all my life. I've used numerous dandruff shampoos over the years and none of them worked the way tgel does. Dandruff and itching was greatly reduced after a week of use. Smell is not great as expected with a medicated shampoo, but I did not buy it for the smell.

Rob
RobStrathmore

Fixes acne rosatia

I have been using it on my face daily for 30 years from memory. If I stop the rosatia returns within a week. I've turned many on to this, even a pharmacist friends husband, after years of pain and redness and pustules... All better. Can't recommend higher.

works on dandruff

I had really bad dandruff and tried many products. But, this one has given me very good results. You can notice the difference from first wash. My scalp is not itchy anymore and dandruff is reduced to great relief.

Russya
RussyaSydney, NSW

impressive!

Jems
Jems

Amazing!

I love this shampoo

I started having dandruff and I tried any anti dandruff shampoo ,head and shoulder and a few more never worked for me and my dandruff and itchy scalp was getting more by time and hair loss too. But once I started using it I cud see my dandruff going away and after a few weeks I had no more dandruff !! im so glad finally something worked on my hair thank you!!

carly
carlyvictoria

It works!

Ive used other products for dandruff which were no where near as affective. After the first use practically all my dandruff was gone which usually does not happen when using other anti dandruff shampoo / conditioner. I used it twice just for safe measures. It does have a distinct smell that does linger but well worth it. Also the bottles are small and are a bit pricey but so worth it.
It worked from first use!
Bottles are small and a bit pricey and it does have a distinct smell. but the smell dosent bother me as much.

Stopped my hair loss

I only started using this because I was losing hair at a terrifying rate & read certain scalp conditions can contribute. (I realised my scalp was often flaky and itchy.) After about 2 weeks of use my hair loss when washing has reduced by at least 60 percent or more. And it seems to improve with every wash. No longer dreading seeing my hair come out in my hands! Distinctive smell but not unpleasant. Also taking biotin tabs and limiting GHD use.
Stopped hair loss

Great and in love with the smell !

this product has always worked well for me since i have dandruff and an very itchy scalp. it gets the job done fast to and does what is says. i love the smell of it and how it last for a while in my hair. i also get great compliments of my hair since i started using the t gel as well. i would recommend it to someone who has an certain scalp problem.
every single thing

The bad outweighs the good

I bought t gel as i have been suffering from a flaky scalp for some time. . When I used it, i noticed it had a very strong, sort of smoky moth bally smell. I dont care how well this product works. I could not get the smell out for 3 days. It is nauseating and really strong. Just a warning if you're sensitive to smells like me, you might want to consider an alternative option.
not too expensive
horrible smell, small bottle

BumbleBee
BumbleBeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Boyfriend loves it

My partner swears by this shampoo, he gets dermatitis on his scalp and it seems to prevent it. So if you get dermatitis, this might be the one for you.

He's just about tried everything else!

Only cons is that it can be quite expensive and only comes in small bottles.
Does what it says on the bottle!
Can be expensive, small bottles, not the greatest smelling shampoo.

WGoldbergasked

Is it any good?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Please try it and report back. TY

WGoldberg

I.P. Daily did you try it? Is it any good?

Lynette Basked

What are the ingredients please

WGoldberg

Neutar Solubilised Coal Tar Extract 2% (equivalent to 0.5% w/v Coal Tar) in a mild shampoo base. Contains as preservatives: Diazolidinyl Urea 0.10% w/v, Methyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.04% w/v, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.01% w/v.

Contains: 2.0% W/V Neutar equivalent to 0.5% W/V Coal Tar. Contains Neutar solubilised Coal Tar Extract 2% (equivalent to 0.5% w/v coal tar) in a mild shampoo base and Methyl Hydroxybenzoate, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate and Diazolidinyl urea as preservatives.

WGoldberg

Saw it here: https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/6562/neutrogena-t-gel-therapeutic-shampoo-200ml

thankyou for that information

P Alegria
P Alegriaasked

Hi Im start using the T/Gel shampoo for treatment of scalp dermatitis. Can I used everyday? Can I use a conditioner after? Can I use it on my face?
Pato Alegria

Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo is an effective therapeutic treatment designed to help control the scalp itching and flaking symptomatic of scalp psoriasis, eczema, seborrhoeic dermatitis and common dandruff.

The clear amber formula starts working on contact to help control itching and flaking from the first use and continues to work for hours even after the shampoo is rinsed off, leaving hair looking healthy and manageable.

Features

Ingredients

Directions

• Use in adults and children above 2 years of age.
  • Use for the control of itching and flaking associated with dandruff, psoriasis, eczema and seborrhoeic dermatitis.
  • Wet hair thoroughly, massage the shampoo into your scalp, lather it, leaving it on your hair and scalp for several minutes, then rinse and repeat.
  • Helps control psoriasis, seborrhoeic, dermatitis and dandruff.

Product Warnings

• For external use only
  • Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed get medical help or contact the Poisons Information Centre
  • In rare instances discolouration of grey, blonde, bleached or tinted hair may occur
  • Do not use if you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients, on acutely inflamed or broken skin, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
  • Avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
  • Do not use for prolonged periods except on the advice of a doctor. It may increase your tendency to sunburn for up to 24 hours after application.
  • Stop use if irritation occurs. Consult a doctor if your condition worsens or does not improve after regular use of this product as recommended.

What reviewers thought

The smell is not the most pleasant and the product can dry out the scalp. The product can also turn grey or bleached blonde hair orange.

Those who suffered from psoriasis said this product was effective at easing symptoms and leaving hair healthy and clean.

CategoryShampoos & Conditioners