Neutrogena T/Gel

Neutrogena T/Gel (page 3 of 4)

Pros

• Soothes itchy scalps

• Can treat psoriasis and dandruff

• Leaves hair healthy and clean

Cons

• May turn light hair orange

• Smell can be unpleasant

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (7)
  • Smell
MrsEd
MrsEdPO Box 874, SA

It works!

My Husband uses this product as he is very prone to dandruff and an itchy scalp. It is more expensive than other anti dandruff products, but it really works! He has been using this for a few years and it has really helped keep the itchiness and dandruff away. I think it smells like tar, but the smell fades quickly. He also likes to use Head and Shoulders as he finds when he has been using the same anti dandruff shampoo for too long the effects are not as good, so he switches between the two, and the bottle lasts for ages. You only need to use a very small amount as it lathers really well. Great product and worth the cost.
It works!
Price, smell

I wet my hair, lather in the shampoo and leave it in for 10 to 15 min. I then jump in the shower, wash it out with water only, and apply some conditioner. I use it every day. I cleared up my my psorissis in a few days to about 90% better than it was. My head is still a bit itchy but I dont stratch now. I had this itching problem for the last 3 years, I am so glad I found this product.
I gave this product 5 stars because it has helped to keep my psoriasis under controll. My psoriasis was to sthe side if my head just above the left ear which was red raw, I also had some on my testicals. The itching was driving me nuts.
None, great product, I dont mind the smell.

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good

This seems to work for helping stop an itchy and flaky scalp if you use it continuously for a while.
This is a great product to try if you have a dry and itchy scalp. It worked fairly well and isnt too strong to use.
It is very expensive, but maybe thats because its a medicinal shampoo? Sometimes they have it on sale or you can buy it at places where they give you loyalty points, which makes it a bit better for your wallet. I don't particularly like the smell, its a bit strong and smells like really strong cough medicine. It would be ncie if they had an unscented one of a lightly scented version.

ceri3552
ceri3552AU

Good

My husband used this product very successfully to control an itching dry scalp that was red and flaky.He has very short hair, with his scalp visable, so it was important that this product was effective.
This product does what it says on the bottle. it controls itching flaking scalps when used regularly.
This product has a very strong smell, although i didn't notice this lingering on the skin and hair. It is very expensive, but if you think of it as a "medical product" that treats skin conditions, then it really is not too expensive, compared to prescription prices and other medications.

starry_nite
starry_nite

Good

I bought this originally for my son who suffers dandruff after a hairdress recommended it, I suffer minor itching but decided to use it as well and have been very pleased with the results. My son's dandruff has cleared. I use it with an anti-dandruff conditoner usually head and shoulders to leave hair soft. Other than the smell which is quite strong and the price I have no complaints about Tgel shampoo, but if it works then there really isn't anything to complain about
Does what it states, relieves itching scalp and controls conditions that cause it.
Smell quite strong, price

sarahjo
sarahjo

OK

Evil_Santa
Evil_SantaQueensland, 4341

Good

Neutrogena T/Gel is Perfectly designed to fight of the effects of flaky itchy scalps, psoriasis and seborrhoeic dermatitis. Very Good Product. Quite Expensive but relieves your flaky itchy scalp exceptionally well.
Neutrogena T/Gel is perfect for flaky itchy scalps, psoriasis and seborrhoeic dermatitis. Works very quick. A little goes along way and is very easy to pour out with the easy lids. Easy to apply to the scalp. It is expensive for the 200ml Shampoo n 130ml Conditioner but worth it because it does what it states on the package. The Fragrance is quite strong. Wonderful Product.
Smell. Price.

ELLABELLA06
ELLABELLA06South East Queensland, QLD

alicat82
alicat82NSW, 2745

After using many different anti-dandruff products on the market, I have found this one to be the best. Note that it is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women. It is a very strong formula which acts on hard to treat cases of dandruff. I have found other products dry my scalp, but this seems to treat my psoriasis without causing too much dryness.
It is a really strong and fast acting shampoo that treats severe cases of dandruff quickly and effectively
The smell is a bit overpowering- my husband doesn't like it- so you need to use a nice smelling conditioner to cover it up.

Jasam
JasamAdelaide, SA

This is the only shampoo my husband uses. He used to suffer from dandruff & a very itchy scalp. Nothing worked except for this stuff. He has been using it for yrs & his scalp is perfect. The minute he stops using it though, the itching returns. Great product.
Gentle. Does what it's supposed to.
Quite expensive for size of bottle. Has very distinctive tar smell.

Treat your scalp with T-Gel it is fantastic and it actually feels ok on your hair too. I am going to try out the conditioner too.
I have been losing my hair for over 4 years and was seriously thinking I was going to loose all my hair. I was diagnosed with having chronic telogen effluvium made worse by seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp although I had no symptoms really. I have been using T-Gel for two weeks and my hair has stopped falling out. I can't even pull it out. I have spent a fortune in salons on expensive treatments and something as simple as T-Gel has fixed my long term problem. I am so happy and will continue to use T-Gel as I do not want to go through that hell again.
The smell is not great but it is not bad either.

Good

It worked for me only if I used it every wash otherwise my psoriosis came back. Would recommend it to others
it worked for me while using it
the smell of the product

Suzii
SuziiWA, 6056

I think I tried every other shampoo for dandruff before finally trying this one. I now use this every 3 days. My dandruff is fairly extreme, seeing flakes within 1 - 2 days after washing. Now, I'm able to get 3 days out of a wash. Someone with a milder case may get more. The other brands never made any difference to my dandruff condition. I guess the only thing I'm not that keen on, is the scent. It's actually tar gel, and well, yes thats exactly what it smells like to. Although, once it's been rinsed out, and your hair has dried, you don't have any hint of the tar at all. I'd recommend this for anyone who suffers dandruff.
Does exactly what it says it does
The smell

Mortie
Mortie

Good

People must remember that just because a product works for some doesnt mean it will work for all. Unfortunately sometimes it just has to be trial and error. Please always be careful if you have allergies or sensitive skin.
It is a bit expensive but the product works well on my son's scalp.
nothing so far.

M23082003
M23082003

OK

i purchased this product after contemplating as i had tryed several other products . I thought it would cure the itch for good i am still using it so I guess its ok. It does have a distinctive smell, but i find it to be not so irritating. worth a try.
Stops the itching for a short while. Concerntrated product so you only need to use a small amount. It lathers up quite well. It does cure the problem immediately.
Thought it would cure the problem longer. Short term fix. Makes my scalp feel a little tender and red after washing. Of course the price is high.

WGoldbergasked

Is it any good?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Please try it and report back. TY

WGoldberg

I.P. Daily did you try it? Is it any good?

Lynette Basked

What are the ingredients please

WGoldberg

Neutar Solubilised Coal Tar Extract 2% (equivalent to 0.5% w/v Coal Tar) in a mild shampoo base. Contains as preservatives: Diazolidinyl Urea 0.10% w/v, Methyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.04% w/v, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.01% w/v.

Contains: 2.0% W/V Neutar equivalent to 0.5% W/V Coal Tar. Contains Neutar solubilised Coal Tar Extract 2% (equivalent to 0.5% w/v coal tar) in a mild shampoo base and Methyl Hydroxybenzoate, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate and Diazolidinyl urea as preservatives.

WGoldberg

Saw it here: https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/6562/neutrogena-t-gel-therapeutic-shampoo-200ml

thankyou for that information

P Alegria
P Alegriaasked

Hi Im start using the T/Gel shampoo for treatment of scalp dermatitis. Can I used everyday? Can I use a conditioner after? Can I use it on my face?
Pato Alegria

Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo is an effective therapeutic treatment designed to help control the scalp itching and flaking symptomatic of scalp psoriasis, eczema, seborrhoeic dermatitis and common dandruff.

The clear amber formula starts working on contact to help control itching and flaking from the first use and continues to work for hours even after the shampoo is rinsed off, leaving hair looking healthy and manageable.

Features

Ingredients

Directions

• Use in adults and children above 2 years of age.
  • Use for the control of itching and flaking associated with dandruff, psoriasis, eczema and seborrhoeic dermatitis.
  • Wet hair thoroughly, massage the shampoo into your scalp, lather it, leaving it on your hair and scalp for several minutes, then rinse and repeat.
  • Helps control psoriasis, seborrhoeic, dermatitis and dandruff.

Product Warnings

• For external use only
  • Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed get medical help or contact the Poisons Information Centre
  • In rare instances discolouration of grey, blonde, bleached or tinted hair may occur
  • Do not use if you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients, on acutely inflamed or broken skin, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
  • Avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
  • Do not use for prolonged periods except on the advice of a doctor. It may increase your tendency to sunburn for up to 24 hours after application.
  • Stop use if irritation occurs. Consult a doctor if your condition worsens or does not improve after regular use of this product as recommended.

What reviewers thought

The smell is not the most pleasant and the product can dry out the scalp. The product can also turn grey or bleached blonde hair orange.

Those who suffered from psoriasis said this product was effective at easing symptoms and leaving hair healthy and clean.

CategoryShampoos & Conditioners