Neutrogena T/Gel

Neutrogena T/Gel

Pros

• Soothes itchy scalps

• Can treat psoriasis and dandruff

• Leaves hair healthy and clean

Cons

• May turn light hair orange

• Smell can be unpleasant

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (1)

Grey / Blonde hair turned ory

My blonde and grey hair turned orange after one use and it dud not wash out as of one week .
I am at my colorist right now getting help.

What a surprise

Purchased for $6.00.

Hair TypeColoured
Causes IrritationNo

I stink

Hopefully this works because I truly stink. I smell like a dirty old diesel tractor. I smell like rubber in a sweaty gym. My hair reminds me of roadkill on a hot bitumen road that has been run over and left there for weeks. I gagged when I applies it to my hair and am constantly trying to run away from the smell but realised the decaying roadkill is on my head. I hope it works and is worth stinking like an oil slick.

WGoldbergasked

Is it any good?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Please try it and report back. TY

WGoldberg

I.P. Daily did you try it? Is it any good?

Lynette Basked

What are the ingredients please

WGoldberg

Neutar Solubilised Coal Tar Extract 2% (equivalent to 0.5% w/v Coal Tar) in a mild shampoo base. Contains as preservatives: Diazolidinyl Urea 0.10% w/v, Methyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.04% w/v, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.01% w/v.

Contains: 2.0% W/V Neutar equivalent to 0.5% W/V Coal Tar. Contains Neutar solubilised Coal Tar Extract 2% (equivalent to 0.5% w/v coal tar) in a mild shampoo base and Methyl Hydroxybenzoate, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate and Diazolidinyl urea as preservatives.

WGoldberg

Saw it here: https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/6562/neutrogena-t-gel-therapeutic-shampoo-200ml

thankyou for that information

P Alegria
P Alegriaasked

Hi Im start using the T/Gel shampoo for treatment of scalp dermatitis. Can I used everyday? Can I use a conditioner after? Can I use it on my face?
Pato Alegria

Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo is an effective therapeutic treatment designed to help control the scalp itching and flaking symptomatic of scalp psoriasis, eczema, seborrhoeic dermatitis and common dandruff.

The clear amber formula starts working on contact to help control itching and flaking from the first use and continues to work for hours even after the shampoo is rinsed off, leaving hair looking healthy and manageable.

Features

Ingredients

Directions

• Use in adults and children above 2 years of age.
  • Use for the control of itching and flaking associated with dandruff, psoriasis, eczema and seborrhoeic dermatitis.
  • Wet hair thoroughly, massage the shampoo into your scalp, lather it, leaving it on your hair and scalp for several minutes, then rinse and repeat.
  • Helps control psoriasis, seborrhoeic, dermatitis and dandruff.

Product Warnings

• For external use only
  • Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed get medical help or contact the Poisons Information Centre
  • In rare instances discolouration of grey, blonde, bleached or tinted hair may occur
  • Do not use if you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients, on acutely inflamed or broken skin, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
  • Avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
  • Do not use for prolonged periods except on the advice of a doctor. It may increase your tendency to sunburn for up to 24 hours after application.
  • Stop use if irritation occurs. Consult a doctor if your condition worsens or does not improve after regular use of this product as recommended.

What reviewers thought

The smell is not the most pleasant and the product can dry out the scalp. The product can also turn grey or bleached blonde hair orange.

Those who suffered from psoriasis said this product was effective at easing symptoms and leaving hair healthy and clean.

CategoryShampoos & Conditioners