Neutrogena T/Gel

Neutrogena T/Gel

Pros

• Soothes itchy scalps

• Can treat psoriasis and dandruff

• Leaves hair healthy and clean

Cons

• May turn light hair orange

• Smell can be unpleasant

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Smell
Kurisutaru E.
Kurisutaru E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does the job

Decided to use this shampoo for psoriasis on my scalp as my prescribed shampoo cannot be used more than one month.
This helps with the itching and removing flakes from the scalp. Although I still get a little flaking and itching. It doesn't smell great (smokey/petrol smell).
The good thing is I can't smell it after conditioning with a natural conditioner.
This can be drying, so make sure you have a good conditioner.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles.

Smell

Yet to see results

Have only used this a couple times, haven’t noticed a difference yet so we’ll see.. One thing I’d like to say is it literally smells like petrol!?! Is that normal?

Really Good!

Alright so everything worked like a charm for me and it cleared predominately all of my Seborrheic Dermatitis, however, the smell is putrid. But I have found a solution! I used this shampoo with a really nice smelling conditioner (since you're not supposed to condition your scalp anyway) and they both cancel each other out!!

Mil
MilPerth

Worked well for me.

I started using T/Gel for the dermatitis/ eczema that flared up on my upper back and shoulders. I've found that it has soothed my skin's itchiness, as well as reducing its dryness. The smell is different, and seems to linger on my skin for a day or so. However, smell is not a problem, or a put off, for me.

Ashleigh
Ashleigh

Works for me

I have mild to moderate psoriasis on my scalp and it gets particularly bad around the base of my neck. I had tried a tar shampoo in the past but it didn't help at all.
I bought the neutrogena T/gel shampoo and conditioner and my psoriasis has pretty much disappeared.
The only issue I have with the product is that I have to be really careful with the way I apply it in my hair. If I massage it in thoroughly it makes my hair really knotty and hard to brush afterwards. The smell isn't great but not terrible.

Hockeyblood
Hockeyblood

It works!

I have suffered chronic dundruff all my life. I've used numerous dandruff shampoos over the years and none of them worked the way tgel does. Dandruff and itching was greatly reduced after a week of use. Smell is not great as expected with a medicated shampoo, but I did not buy it for the smell.

works on dandruff

I had really bad dandruff and tried many products. But, this one has given me very good results. You can notice the difference from first wash. My scalp is not itchy anymore and dandruff is reduced to great relief.

Russya

Amazing!

carly
carlyvictoria

It works!

Ive used other products for dandruff which were no where near as affective. After the first use practically all my dandruff was gone which usually does not happen when using other anti dandruff shampoo / conditioner. I used it twice just for safe measures. It does have a distinct smell that does linger but well worth it. Also the bottles are small and are a bit pricey but so worth it.
It worked from first use!
Bottles are small and a bit pricey and it does have a distinct smell. but the smell dosent bother me as much.

BumbleBee
BumbleBeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Boyfriend loves it

My partner swears by this shampoo, he gets dermatitis on his scalp and it seems to prevent it. So if you get dermatitis, this might be the one for you.

He's just about tried everything else!

Only cons is that it can be quite expensive and only comes in small bottles.
Does what it says on the bottle!
Can be expensive, small bottles, not the greatest smelling shampoo.

MrsEd
MrsEdPO Box 874, SA

It works!

My Husband uses this product as he is very prone to dandruff and an itchy scalp. It is more expensive than other anti dandruff products, but it really works! He has been using this for a few years and it has really helped keep the itchiness and dandruff away. I think it smells like tar, but the smell fades quickly. He also likes to use Head and Shoulders as he finds when he has been using the same anti dandruff shampoo for too long the effects are not as good, so he switches between the two, and the bottle lasts for ages. You only need to use a very small amount as it lathers really well. Great product and worth the cost.
Price, smell

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good

This seems to work for helping stop an itchy and flaky scalp if you use it continuously for a while.
This is a great product to try if you have a dry and itchy scalp. It worked fairly well and isnt too strong to use.
It is very expensive, but maybe thats because its a medicinal shampoo? Sometimes they have it on sale or you can buy it at places where they give you loyalty points, which makes it a bit better for your wallet. I don't particularly like the smell, its a bit strong and smells like really strong cough medicine. It would be ncie if they had an unscented one of a lightly scented version.

ceri3552
ceri3552AU

Good

My husband used this product very successfully to control an itching dry scalp that was red and flaky.He has very short hair, with his scalp visable, so it was important that this product was effective.
This product does what it says on the bottle. it controls itching flaking scalps when used regularly.
This product has a very strong smell, although i didn't notice this lingering on the skin and hair. It is very expensive, but if you think of it as a "medical product" that treats skin conditions, then it really is not too expensive, compared to prescription prices and other medications.

starry_nite
starry_nite

Good

I bought this originally for my son who suffers dandruff after a hairdress recommended it, I suffer minor itching but decided to use it as well and have been very pleased with the results. My son's dandruff has cleared. I use it with an anti-dandruff conditoner usually head and shoulders to leave hair soft. Other than the smell which is quite strong and the price I have no complaints about Tgel shampoo, but if it works then there really isn't anything to complain about
Does what it states, relieves itching scalp and controls conditions that cause it.
Smell quite strong, price

WGoldbergasked

Is it any good?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Please try it and report back. TY

WGoldberg

I.P. Daily did you try it? Is it any good?

Lynette Basked

What are the ingredients please

WGoldberg

Neutar Solubilised Coal Tar Extract 2% (equivalent to 0.5% w/v Coal Tar) in a mild shampoo base. Contains as preservatives: Diazolidinyl Urea 0.10% w/v, Methyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.04% w/v, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.01% w/v.

Contains: 2.0% W/V Neutar equivalent to 0.5% W/V Coal Tar. Contains Neutar solubilised Coal Tar Extract 2% (equivalent to 0.5% w/v coal tar) in a mild shampoo base and Methyl Hydroxybenzoate, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate and Diazolidinyl urea as preservatives.

WGoldberg

Saw it here: https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/6562/neutrogena-t-gel-therapeutic-shampoo-200ml

thankyou for that information

P Alegria
P Alegriaasked

Hi Im start using the T/Gel shampoo for treatment of scalp dermatitis. Can I used everyday? Can I use a conditioner after? Can I use it on my face?
Pato Alegria

Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo is an effective therapeutic treatment designed to help control the scalp itching and flaking symptomatic of scalp psoriasis, eczema, seborrhoeic dermatitis and common dandruff.

The clear amber formula starts working on contact to help control itching and flaking from the first use and continues to work for hours even after the shampoo is rinsed off, leaving hair looking healthy and manageable.

Features

Ingredients

Directions

• Use in adults and children above 2 years of age.
  • Use for the control of itching and flaking associated with dandruff, psoriasis, eczema and seborrhoeic dermatitis.
  • Wet hair thoroughly, massage the shampoo into your scalp, lather it, leaving it on your hair and scalp for several minutes, then rinse and repeat.
  • Helps control psoriasis, seborrhoeic, dermatitis and dandruff.

Product Warnings

• For external use only
  • Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed get medical help or contact the Poisons Information Centre
  • In rare instances discolouration of grey, blonde, bleached or tinted hair may occur
  • Do not use if you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients, on acutely inflamed or broken skin, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
  • Avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
  • Do not use for prolonged periods except on the advice of a doctor. It may increase your tendency to sunburn for up to 24 hours after application.
  • Stop use if irritation occurs. Consult a doctor if your condition worsens or does not improve after regular use of this product as recommended.

What reviewers thought

The smell is not the most pleasant and the product can dry out the scalp. The product can also turn grey or bleached blonde hair orange.

Those who suffered from psoriasis said this product was effective at easing symptoms and leaving hair healthy and clean.

CategoryShampoos & Conditioners