Neutrogena T/Gel

Neutrogena T/Gel

Pros

• Soothes itchy scalps

• Can treat psoriasis and dandruff

• Leaves hair healthy and clean

Cons

• May turn light hair orange

• Smell can be unpleasant

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (3)
  • Smell
Charlene C.
Charlene C.

By far the most amazing product for psoriasis

Purchased in November 2020 for $13.00.

Smell
Laura C.
Laura C.Sydney, NSW

Amazing Product!

I bought this for my partner who has had a dry flaky scalp since before we met (over 2 years) and after only ONE wash, I'd say 95% (if not more) of the flaky skin was gone! Absolutely amazing results! I'll see how it goes long term but short term, I am absolutely wowed! He's been using head and shoulders for a long time which I've heard just aids in irritating the scalp so he'll definitely never use that again after discovering T-Gel!
It's pretty pricey, but so worth it if it keeps the dry skin away.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $13.00.

Smell
Just reviewing stuff
Just reviewing stuffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Relieved a very itchy scalp

I used this twice a week for a month to relieve my itchy scalp. Between the days I'd use this shampoo, I used my usual shampoo once a day. It worked well and my scalp ended up not itchy anymore, less red than before, and I had much less dandruff than before.

Causes IrritationNo

Clark
ClarkAU

It really works

Dan
DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for Seborrheic Dermatitis Sufferers!

All this time I thought I just had really bad dandruff issues. And then one day my face started to flake like it was winter in summer. Found out I have Seborrheic Dermatitis (like Psoriasis but not as bad) and tried this product.

IT IS AMAZAZING! I use a little amount everyday since I have short hair and together with a conditioner, this works and I've never had any issues with an itchy flakey scalp anymore.

It smells a little bit nasty but not bad, it doesn't have any added scents and I guess the smell comes from the Tar in the shampoo.

Definitely recommend it to anyone that has the same condition as me.

Brenda L
Brenda LGold Coast

Cleared up my psoriasis!

I get psoriasis on my scalp and around my hairline, have tried so many products over the years but nothing worked. After twice using T-gel it completely cleared up!!
For the first month I used it each time i was my hair, but then started alternating between this and the ogx coconut shampoo- been 6 months and still psoriasis free :)

Sarah R
Sarah RMelbourne

Drastically reduced my hair loss!!

Nat of Nundah
Nat of Nundah

We all love it!

My husband and daughter both have either eczema and psoriasis. T/gel has been great for both their hair and skin. My husband washes his face in it and it has helped the skin on his face to become smoother. My daughter's hair is shinier and healthier looking too. A word of warning though if you colour your hair- my dark hair became lighter after just one use. Fortunately I liked the effect! Opinions on the smell: My husband likes it ( a very masculine smell of tar!), my daughter doesn't like it, so she uses it only once a week as a "treatment" and on a day that she is not going out.

emma.w
emma.wMelbourne

Lifesaver

I developed scalp psoriasis pretty suddenly (thanks stressful job!) and didn't know what I was dealing with for a month. After trying many shampoos to cure what I thought was dry scalp, I was left with an itchy, flaky and extremely painful scalp. In just one wash I saw and felt a huge difference - the pain started to subside and there was less buildup. I use it every 3 or so days and leave it on for about 5-10 minutes to really soak in. I'm so grateful that this product contains real coal tar and is readily available in supermarkets. I really think T/Gel saved my scalp.

Rob
RobStrathmore

Fixes acne rosatia

I have been using it on my face daily for 30 years from memory. If I stop the rosatia returns within a week. I've turned many on to this, even a pharmacist friends husband, after years of pain and redness and pustules... All better. Can't recommend higher.

I love this shampoo

I started having dandruff and I tried any anti dandruff shampoo ,head and shoulder and a few more never worked for me and my dandruff and itchy scalp was getting more by time and hair loss too. But once I started using it I cud see my dandruff going away and after a few weeks I had no more dandruff !! im so glad finally something worked on my hair thank you!!

Stopped my hair loss

I only started using this because I was losing hair at a terrifying rate & read certain scalp conditions can contribute. (I realised my scalp was often flaky and itchy.) After about 2 weeks of use my hair loss when washing has reduced by at least 60 percent or more. And it seems to improve with every wash. No longer dreading seeing my hair come out in my hands! Distinctive smell but not unpleasant. Also taking biotin tabs and limiting GHD use.
Stopped hair loss

Great and in love with the smell !

this product has always worked well for me since i have dandruff and an very itchy scalp. it gets the job done fast to and does what is says. i love the smell of it and how it last for a while in my hair. i also get great compliments of my hair since i started using the t gel as well. i would recommend it to someone who has an certain scalp problem.
every single thing

I wet my hair, lather in the shampoo and leave it in for 10 to 15 min. I then jump in the shower, wash it out with water only, and apply some conditioner. I use it every day. I cleared up my my psorissis in a few days to about 90% better than it was. My head is still a bit itchy but I dont stratch now. I had this itching problem for the last 3 years, I am so glad I found this product.
I gave this product 5 stars because it has helped to keep my psoriasis under controll. My psoriasis was to sthe side if my head just above the left ear which was red raw, I also had some on my testicals. The itching was driving me nuts.
None, great product, I dont mind the smell.

alicat82
alicat82NSW, 2745

After using many different anti-dandruff products on the market, I have found this one to be the best. Note that it is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women. It is a very strong formula which acts on hard to treat cases of dandruff. I have found other products dry my scalp, but this seems to treat my psoriasis without causing too much dryness.
It is a really strong and fast acting shampoo that treats severe cases of dandruff quickly and effectively
The smell is a bit overpowering- my husband doesn't like it- so you need to use a nice smelling conditioner to cover it up.

WGoldbergasked

Is it any good?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Please try it and report back. TY

WGoldberg

I.P. Daily did you try it? Is it any good?

Lynette Basked

What are the ingredients please

WGoldberg

Neutar Solubilised Coal Tar Extract 2% (equivalent to 0.5% w/v Coal Tar) in a mild shampoo base. Contains as preservatives: Diazolidinyl Urea 0.10% w/v, Methyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.04% w/v, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.01% w/v.

Contains: 2.0% W/V Neutar equivalent to 0.5% W/V Coal Tar. Contains Neutar solubilised Coal Tar Extract 2% (equivalent to 0.5% w/v coal tar) in a mild shampoo base and Methyl Hydroxybenzoate, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate and Diazolidinyl urea as preservatives.

WGoldberg

Saw it here: https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/6562/neutrogena-t-gel-therapeutic-shampoo-200ml

thankyou for that information

P Alegria
P Alegriaasked

Hi Im start using the T/Gel shampoo for treatment of scalp dermatitis. Can I used everyday? Can I use a conditioner after? Can I use it on my face?
Pato Alegria

Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo is an effective therapeutic treatment designed to help control the scalp itching and flaking symptomatic of scalp psoriasis, eczema, seborrhoeic dermatitis and common dandruff.

The clear amber formula starts working on contact to help control itching and flaking from the first use and continues to work for hours even after the shampoo is rinsed off, leaving hair looking healthy and manageable.

Features

Ingredients

Directions

• Use in adults and children above 2 years of age.
  • Use for the control of itching and flaking associated with dandruff, psoriasis, eczema and seborrhoeic dermatitis.
  • Wet hair thoroughly, massage the shampoo into your scalp, lather it, leaving it on your hair and scalp for several minutes, then rinse and repeat.
  • Helps control psoriasis, seborrhoeic, dermatitis and dandruff.

Product Warnings

• For external use only
  • Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed get medical help or contact the Poisons Information Centre
  • In rare instances discolouration of grey, blonde, bleached or tinted hair may occur
  • Do not use if you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients, on acutely inflamed or broken skin, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
  • Avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
  • Do not use for prolonged periods except on the advice of a doctor. It may increase your tendency to sunburn for up to 24 hours after application.
  • Stop use if irritation occurs. Consult a doctor if your condition worsens or does not improve after regular use of this product as recommended.

What reviewers thought

The smell is not the most pleasant and the product can dry out the scalp. The product can also turn grey or bleached blonde hair orange.

Those who suffered from psoriasis said this product was effective at easing symptoms and leaving hair healthy and clean.

CategoryShampoos & Conditioners