New Age Manta Ray

New Age Manta Ray Questions & Answers

16ft Ensuite, 18ft Ensuite, 18ft Ensuite Rear Door, etc...

81 questions from our users

Tina Crack

Tina Crackasked

We have a manta ray 16 and the steps and washing machine have stopped working. Would it be a fuse, if so which one. Ps they were working yesterday.

Tina Crack

Tina Crackasked

Our steps have stopped working

Bronwyn E.

Bronwyn E.asked

What is the tare mass of a 19ft mantra ray

2,130 kg

KandJ

KandJasked

Just wondering about the internal height of the New Age Manta Ray van, I am a taller person

Alecasked

16ft Ensuite

What capacity generator is recommended for free camping?

GRH

Hi Alec I am sorry we can,t help with your enquiry. Our 18ft manta ray has solar panels which seem to keep the battery charged at all times but we haven't free camped much only one night and the frig didn't go to 12v and arrived at our destination next day with everything melted in freezer. I guess it depends on how much 12 volt stuff you will be using or if you want generator for 240 volt. Check out generator experts as to what you need. Regards Glenys and Ray

Thanks Glenys and Ray. I thinking along the lines of 3.6 KW. Regards, Alec

Jeff R.
Jeff R.

I use a 2.2 Honda . It’s enough to drive the air con & microwave

Davidasked

Looking for a Manta MR 16 E Delux Off Road do you have one and what is an expected price range ?

David

Surely somebody has a Manta MR 16 Delux Off Road 2015 model for sale ?

Kylie

Kylieasked

Hey guys, we are looking into the 16ft Manta Ray caravan, does the tare weight include filled water tanks? The tare weight is 2020 and gvm is 2280, if this doesnt include water it only allows 260kg to fill the caravan plus water and gas? Thanks in advance.

Reg Yoot
Reg Yoot

Be very, very careful. Tare weight does not include water or gas. The van can also be delivered well over the plated tare, even without accessories. My (ex) 16E Manta Ray Deluxe was delivered 180 kg overweight with less than 20 kg accessories ( grey water tank, footrests, gas heater). The dealer was less than helpful and the only way to fix it was to have the plated ATM increased by 100 kg.
GVM (actually GTM) is the on-road mass of the van connected to the tow vehicle. ATM less Tare will give you the payload.
My advice would be to MAKE SURE you specify the Tare and ATM you expect in your contract, that the van is delivered as specified by you In regard to mass (and any other specifics) and that acceptance of the van is dependant on provision of an independent weigh bridge ticket FOR THE ACTUAL VAN stating its Tare.
I'm sure the dealer will object strongly but insist. If they refuse, go elsewhere, preferably NOT to any New Age dealer.
I sold my New Age as quickly as I could, they and their dealers have little regard for Australian consumer law.

You passed on the burden to the buyer, what a great person you are. ( I hope he/she knew about all the defects prior to buying from you )

Jan F.

Jan F.asked

19ft Ensuite Rear Door

How to remove wire screens in en-suite to remove debris

GRH

you cannot remove plastic screens just blow them gently to remove debris. i sguggest use a hair dryer to blow debris out or a gentle wash with a soft cloth.

KrisHarasked

16ft Ensuite

Does this van have ESC?

GRH

We have an 18 ft remantaray and esc added as an extra. New Age put the wrong esc in and it blew at some stage and burnt out several brakes and New Age refused to accept responsibility for what happened saying it was wear and tear and it was past warranty period. They had put an esc in with an in-line fuse and that was the wrong one plus the esc was liquid nailed to the door of the caravan. We have had it all fixed now and never going to new Age again. You just climb under van and have a look and see if you can see one. But it is an extra when you are buying them new

KrisHar

That is not good PR by them, they pride themselves on being there when u need them

KrisHar

What sort of ESC did you end up getting?

Phil Watson

Phil Watsonasked

18ft Ensuite Rear Door

Where are fuses located in Manta ray MR19ER Enduro

Norm Stokes

Norm Stokesasked

19ft Ensuite Rear Door

Have constant air lock in the water tanks. Can't fill up tanks. Have tried everything. Got a shower and can't even use it if free camping. Any ideas?

GRH

Sorry cant help you Norm have had no problems with water tanks on our 18 RE Manta Ray. What is New Age doing to help you? Regards Ray

Jane V.asked

19ft Ensuite Rear Door

What is the towing height of the 19ft Manta Ray?

Dennis Tafe

We have the 18 ft Manta Ray MR18ERS2, purchased in December 2019 (MR724).
I have just measured the height at the front wheel.
It is 3.1m including AC unit.

Thanks !

Deborah M.

Deborah M.asked

We have a MR 16E 2017. When connected to mains water pressure, Our water tanks are filling up. How can this be prevented?
Many thanks deborah

Martin

Martinasked

What is the brand name & model number etc of the water pump installed under the van in a secure/protected guard of a 2016 New Age 16ft Manta Ray Deluxe (February build)
I need the manual in order to work out how to adjust the pressure? Thanks
[email removed]

Heather C.

Heather C.asked

Why does water pump just come on when we haven’t even used water and we have got mains connected

Neil
Neil

You have to turn it off on the pad

Brenda A.

Brenda A.asked

why won't the pumps work on a manta ray with the switch turned on

Dennis Tafe

Hi Brenda, Not sure what you're asking? If you mean the pumps to activate your sink tap and bathroom taps when the external electricity is disconnected, you need to go to the bottom switch on your BMPro light up monitor, just inside the door at head level. Press that button to activate the pump and then your taps will work.

GRH

Hi Brenda The only way ours work when external electricity is not connected is to press the pump sign on BMPro light up monitor. Our pumps work fine all as Dennis has said above.

bernsal10asked

HI Looking a buying our first caravan we think a New Age Manta Ray 16ft off road would suit our needs We will be towing the van with our 2011 STR 2.5CR Nissan Navara. Would the Navara be sufficient to tow this van Cheers Bernard

Gra

bernsal the finish on my my MR18ES3 is good some issues with water and fridge not working on 12Volt
these are minor but took a long time to get them sorted no quality control at the main head office

not into pure offroad if your near Newcastle do not buy it from Beresfield dealer
cheer grame

bernsal10

Cheers thanks for your reply

Dennis Tafe

Yes, my wife and I recently bought a Manta Ray Enduro 18ERS2 and as we passed through Victor Harbour on the coast below Adelaide we met another couple with the same caravan. It is well built and is like towing your own unit on wheels. It is also good for free camping. Both couples have found it very good for purpose but both of us initially found that it requires Electronic Stability Control (ESC) because it is 3.1m high and has a high centre of gravity. I have written to New Age to say that ESC should come standard even though it costs $1200 to install. Safety is our No.1 factor so we also have the E2 Hitch, which was installed in Newcastle. The Great Southern RV Caravan Team in Adelaide at Clovelly Park did a very good job on ESC installation. We sold our 18 year old Nissan Patrol 3L Diesel and bought a late model Landcruiser V8, which has all the power you need to tow a tandem axle caravan.

Darren

Darrenasked

I have a 2013 Manta Ray 19bc. I'm going free camping ie non powered site. How do I use the battery? Is there a switch somewhere that I have to flick? I can see the battery is fully charged when I've got it hooked up to power at home but as soon as I unplug the power the screen goes blank and I don't know how to use the battery. Is someone able to assist? Thanks. Darren

Gra

Darren the switch on the control panel just inside the door has to be on refer your manual and the pump switch also and for the hot water to run on gas the switch is in the cupboard with a red light

James Loftsasked

What height is the tow ball coupling for NA mantra ray 19 er for weight distribution system?

Gra

james my manta ray 18 is 415mmto the bottom of the hitch when the van is level sugest you set the van at level and this should be the height when bars are fitted in position

Thank you very much Gra ugh appreciated. Jim

amandacasked

Hi we have just bought mantara ray mr19bc. Great van. Toilet pump works sounds like its working but no water squirts out. All other water working fine. Is there a seperate tank ? Any advice?

Gra

you should look at the 12 pump line to see if it goes to the as I am aware there is no separate water tank hope this will help you
the plumbing for all these van are done by sub contractors at the melb factory but the quality control is lacking cheers graeme

amandac

Thanks for reply found the tank , working fine.

Get an answer from our members and New Age Caravans representatives