71 questions from our users

Norm Stokes

Norm Stokesasked

19ft Ensuite Rear Door

Have constant air lock in the water tanks. Can't fill up tanks. Have tried everything. Got a shower and can't even use it if free camping. Any ideas?

GRH

Sorry cant help you Norm have had no problems with water tanks on our 18 RE Manta Ray. What is New Age doing to help you? Regards Ray

Jane V.asked

19ft Ensuite Rear Door

What is the towing height of the 19ft Manta Ray?

Dennis Tafe

We have the 18 ft Manta Ray MR18ERS2, purchased in December 2019 (MR724).
I have just measured the height at the front wheel.
It is 3.1m including AC unit.

Thanks !

Deborah M.

Deborah M.asked

New Age Manta Ray

We have a MR 16E 2017. When connected to mains water pressure, Our water tanks are filling up. How can this be prevented?
Many thanks deborah

Martin

Martinasked

New Age Manta Ray

What is the brand name & model number etc of the water pump installed under the van in a secure/protected guard of a 2016 New Age 16ft Manta Ray Deluxe (February build)
I need the manual in order to work out how to adjust the pressure? Thanks
[email removed]

Heather C.

Heather C.asked

New Age Manta Ray

Why does water pump just come on when we haven’t even used water and we have got mains connected

Neil

You have to turn it off on the pad

Brenda A.

Brenda A.asked

New Age Manta Ray

why won't the pumps work on a manta ray with the switch turned on

Dennis Tafe

Hi Brenda, Not sure what you're asking? If you mean the pumps to activate your sink tap and bathroom taps when the external electricity is disconnected, you need to go to the bottom switch on your BMPro light up monitor, just inside the door at head level. Press that button to activate the pump and then your taps will work.

GRH

Hi Brenda The only way ours work when external electricity is not connected is to press the pump sign on BMPro light up monitor. Our pumps work fine all as Dennis has said above.

bernsal10asked

New Age Manta Ray

HI Looking a buying our first caravan we think a New Age Manta Ray 16ft off road would suit our needs We will be towing the van with our 2011 STR 2.5CR Nissan Navara. Would the Navara be sufficient to tow this van Cheers Bernard

Gra

bernsal the finish on my my MR18ES3 is good some issues with water and fridge not working on 12Volt
these are minor but took a long time to get them sorted no quality control at the main head office

not into pure offroad if your near Newcastle do not buy it from Beresfield dealer
cheer grame

bernsal10

Cheers thanks for your reply

Dennis Tafe

Yes, my wife and I recently bought a Manta Ray Enduro 18ERS2 and as we passed through Victor Harbour on the coast below Adelaide we met another couple with the same caravan. It is well built and is like towing your own unit on wheels. It is also good for free camping. Both couples have found it very good for purpose but both of us initially found that it requires Electronic Stability Control (ESC) because it is 3.1m high and has a high centre of gravity. I have written to New Age to say that ESC should come standard even though it costs $1200 to install. Safety is our No.1 factor so we also have the E2 Hitch, which was installed in Newcastle. The Great Southern RV Caravan Team in Adelaide at Clovelly Park did a very good job on ESC installation. We sold our 18 year old Nissan Patrol 3L Diesel and bought a late model Landcruiser V8, which has all the power you need to tow a tandem axle caravan.

Darren

Darrenasked

New Age Manta Ray

I have a 2013 Manta Ray 19bc. I'm going free camping ie non powered site. How do I use the battery? Is there a switch somewhere that I have to flick? I can see the battery is fully charged when I've got it hooked up to power at home but as soon as I unplug the power the screen goes blank and I don't know how to use the battery. Is someone able to assist? Thanks. Darren

Gra

Darren the switch on the control panel just inside the door has to be on refer your manual and the pump switch also and for the hot water to run on gas the switch is in the cupboard with a red light

James Loftsasked

New Age Manta Ray

What height is the tow ball coupling for NA mantra ray 19 er for weight distribution system?

Gra

james my manta ray 18 is 415mmto the bottom of the hitch when the van is level sugest you set the van at level and this should be the height when bars are fitted in position

Thank you very much Gra ugh appreciated. Jim

amandacasked

New Age Manta Ray

Hi we have just bought mantara ray mr19bc. Great van. Toilet pump works sounds like its working but no water squirts out. All other water working fine. Is there a seperate tank ? Any advice?

Gra

you should look at the 12 pump line to see if it goes to the as I am aware there is no separate water tank hope this will help you
the plumbing for all these van are done by sub contractors at the melb factory but the quality control is lacking cheers graeme

amandac

Thanks for reply found the tank , working fine.

Wazza

Wazzaasked

New Age Manta Ray

Side window came off how do I put it back in?

Chris Riley

Tell me, what is it that I put in my review that makes everyone think I’m a New Age Guru. I’m a New Age owner who happens to be impressed with the dealership from whom we purchased our van. I haven’t a clue on how to repair anything.

Trevor W

Trevor Wasked

Hi
I have a 2015 manta Ray 19e I have try everything to stop it swaying I tow it with 2012 Mitsubishi triton 4x4.
Tyres pressure right,weight up the front,or is it just me I have had 3 vans this is the biggest one I have had is it normal to move around when sitting on 100 km. Any ideas?

Thanks Trevor

Chris Riley

I wouldn’t have a clue. I’m just a New Age owner, just like you. Why don’t you ask someone from New Age.

daughter

Trevor, our Manta Ray 18e Enduro was also swaying all over the place and we too had tried everything, not that full water tanks helps once you've free-camped. We asked them to relocate the spare tyre from rear to front due to lack of ballweight. It was done under warranty and the van now tows like a dream. Try to aim for between 8-10% ballweight.

Neil

I have the 19ft Enduro Tows perfectly but strong winds and travelling 100 starts swaying I have the Dexter fitted that corrects well. I think because they are so high it catches the wind.

Gloria

Gloriaasked

New Age Manta Ray

Where is the fuse for the air con for a manta ray 19E?

Chris Riley

I don’t know. I own a manta Ray, but rely on the dealership to answer any questions.

Fussy

Fussyasked

New Age Manta Ray

Why do we have only luke warm water in van. Have turned the regulator under van, and taken off brass fitting and cleaned with no luck. Manta Ray 2016.

Chris Riley

I don’t know. Perhaps you could ask the New Age dealership, or the people who deal with the water heater in the van.

daughter

Ours is a 2018 and we have hotter water (and more instant) than I can get at home on gas. You may need to talk to dealership or even head office? If you are on the New Age Caravan Owners or Manta Ray.. facebook page, there is a Mandy Newage person that is often very helpful when people have questions.

Trevor W

Trevor Wasked

Hi
I have a 2015 new age manta Ray 19 e tare 2140 ATM 2540
I got it weight I have 2 batteries,2 solar panels the van was empty water tanks full and gas bottles.
It come in at 2520kg so that only gives me 20 kg that I can put in the van.
What is going on here I need help.

Thanks Trevor

Muddy

Trevor. Your water will form a decent proportion of your loading allowance, (around 150Kg 120KG for the tanks, 20KG for the hot water system plus whats in the pipework etc). The Tare weight stamped on your compliance plate was the vans weight with no water in tanks or gas in cylinders (18Kg) , as it rolled off the factory floor. I have a Manta Ray 19E myself and your Tare weight appears fairly standard. My guess is that you had the solar panels and extra battery fitted after the van left the factory and so this weight was not included in your tare. This means that you have 2 panels at around 15KG each plus a 20Kg Battery to come off your loading allowance also. I wrote to new age and asked to upgrade my ATM to the maximum that my axle group was rated to (as caravan builders do not offer this as standard due to wanting to keep their vans weights down and so appeal to more people with lesser tow cars) They upgraded mine to 2750Kg and I paid $100 for a new compliance plate which was all sent within a week. Living in NSW I then had to empty the van completely of everything I could and take it to a weighbridge, gain the certificate and then have a blue slip inspection so that the registration details could be changed by services NSW. New Age did write me a letter which I believe in Victoria, covers all the needs for the services/rego people there.

Doug

Dougasked

New Age Manta Ray

Hi I have a New Age Manta Ray 19ft and am having trouble with the hot water system its not lighting up when i try and light it off the gas all the other appliances are working on gas. Would you have any idea why it would not be lighting? thanks
Doug

Muddy

Doug. If your waters is already hot (from electrical element) then the gas will not light until the water cools down. To ttest this if your water was hot, just run the hot tap so that cooler water replaces the hot inside the cylinder and try again

Sharon shakespeare

Sharon shakespeareasked

New Age Manta Ray

We have a new age van do we need sway bars?

It all depends on what you're to vehicle is I tow a 19ft MR
and tow with a 2018 Ranger without the need of away bars

Bee wise

We dont use sway bars as we have the fancy breaking system on the van. Cant remember what's they called.

Jo Binns

Jo Binnsasked

New Age Manta Ray

Can anyone tell me how to keep the hot water flowing during a 5 min shower? We have a manta ray & the heat doesn't last.

Our Manta Ray is fitted with the Suburban hot water system with a 22.5 litre storage tank which is so hot we need at least 50% cold to save being burnt. We never run out of hot water. Maybe your storage tank thermostat is not heating the water to the correct heat. If in WA I suggest you ring New Age Perth as they are always very helpful.

Hi,
If you are on facebook there is an awesome group called "New Age Mantra Ray" , Everyone is very helpful with lots of questions asked and answers about every little thing.
Great group, I highly recommend you join.
Happy and safe travels

Muddy

5 Minutes...…. Really. Only Joking, but many people think that there caravans are homes. As mentioned the water tank is 22.5 ltrs volume and as the hot water comes off the top fresh, cold water replaces it so the temperature will drop. As a rule when n in the van and "off Grid" we shower every two days and when we do its water on for a 1 minute wet down then water off while we soap up. Water on again for a 1 minute rinse and that's that. Two of us can shower on one tank. If connected on mains then we can be much more generous but it will take 10 minutes to reheat the water. You can also run your Suburban hot water system on both 240V if you are connected AND gas at the same time which will apply more heat and so keep you running hotter for longer.

Fox

Foxasked

New Age Manta Ray

Having trouble with the interior blinds/screens. Any advice?

Bee wise

If any one has any questions about their caravan, I'd advise you to join the Facebook group "New Age Mantra Ray" as this is a great group were you can ask questions and learn lots about your van
Cheers

Barbara Ann Muldoon

Barbara Ann Muldoonasked

New Age Manta Ray

I have purchased a new age manta Ray series 2 off-road caravan and was wondering if there is any way to fade or mute the outside speakers. Any help would be lovely? Thanks. Barb

Ian

If you have a clarion radio push the button with the music note icon until you see the word fade on screen if you turn the knob on the right side to the right it will come up with R this should be turned all the way to the highest number, if you turn the dial left F will come up and this is the outside speakers. You need to try both ways as your internal speakers could be wired front or rear.

Get an answer from our members and New Age Caravans representatives