NexGard Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

NexGard Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg) Questions & Answers

28 questions from our users

Richard Gardner

Richard Gardnerasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

My boy pug is 31 pounds. Can i give him 2 (4-10kg) nexgard?

Shirley G.

Shirley G.asked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

My chihuahua is on the Nexgard dose for up to 10 lbs. I recently weighed her and she is 12 lbs. Will the Nexgard dose she is on still prevent fleas?

Peter
Peter

It would be best to check with your vet.

Tara W

Tara Wasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

I have several boxes of the up to 10kg nexgard and have a 40kg dog. Can i give her 3 of the 10kg chewables? I have them from my dog that passed away and hate for then to go to waste...they arent cheap.

Ben W.
Ben W.

It is based on weight, so shouldn't be a problem. You can check on each different box the ingredients amount relate to the weight range of the dog. They are too expensive.

Mary B

Mary Basked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

My 9 month pup was treated today and just committed and acts tired, how long do the side effect last?

Nicole

Nicoleasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

Tonight i gave my 10 lb min pin his dose and then my 50 lb boxer his dose and my min pin snatched up my boxers also. So he had 2 doses. Should I be worried?

Richard
Richard

No it will be, ok,my pit gets little. Sores on between toes, let me no if u need advice, but I brake them into too half's sir ho it works for a month. Very exspencive$for 3 save till summer, but it did grate flee treat house to or it comes back egg's. They were everywhere, in a week u treat home ,raid I spent alot, bombs too,105 lab pit bull its TV he weather. To warm

PastorLydia

PastorLydiaasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

HOW soon after 1st dose can I repeat the dosage? My dogs are still presenting with fleas 8 days after initial dose.

Rachael
Rachael

Read directions on box. Meds don't kill instantly. Use dawn dish soap tho bah. Vacuum house regularly and wash bedding every 2 days while infestation is occurring.

Lauher

Lauherasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

Hi all my jack russel has just eaten half a large worming tablet for my large dog. Is he going to be okay?

C. B.
C. B.

I would monitor for vomiting and lethargy. Best bet would be to contact a vet.

Tii

Tiiasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

Can I cut a nexgard 60lbs-121lb for 8 lb dog?

Zeus

Zeusasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

Has anyone given the next guard to a Chihuahua and had bad reactions afterwards?

Sleepy dog
Sleepy dog

Yes we are in uk, our vet prescribed nexgard chewable one chi is ok the other chi has a condition where when asleep cannot hear you shouting in his ear, say emotive words like dinner! Walkies! No response. Touch him and he jumps in surprise as not heard you. During waking hours his hearing is normal. This condition happened after giving one nexgard tab. It happened coupke days after abd has stayed this way since. 6 months.

Robbie
Robbie

I can't help you with an answer to this question. Both my dogs are large.

Margaret

Margaretasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

Can I give my dogs nexgard and then capstar, without hurting them??

Bobbi F

Bobbi Fasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

I gave my 7 lb chihuahua his first dose of this chewy 4 days ago. After 3 days he stopped eating & drinking. How concerned should I be?He's pretty lathargic but still goes on his 5-10 min walks.

Isaac H

Isaac Hasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

Gave an 11 pound mix breed chihuahua 2 nexgard in 3 days on accident, is that ok?

Amanda C.
Amanda C.

I would definitely be keeping a close eye on him or her. Also proving plentiful water. Keep an eye out for any distress such as panting, extreme itching, lack of appetite, dehydration, hair loss. Etc. I would also make your vet aware of the situation in case of an emergency.

Yoli

Yoliasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

My 9 lbs dog ate 2 nexguard by accident will she be okay?

Torromer
Torromer

My dog at the same weight accidentally got two and she has been having bloody diarrhea and vomiting. Had to take her to the vet, closely monitor and if diarrhea appears I would take them immediately.

Lisa D

Lisa Dasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

A friend stayed with us and swore her dog didn't have fleas but recanted after a month or so. Now my 6 lb Chihuahua has fleas. I have never given her the nexgaurd before. She is scratching herself raw! Fleas are all over her now. She would have maybe one a day on her before. I gave her benadryl. She's allergic to fleas so she can't stand it! What can I do?

Michelle
Michelle

Please dont give this nexgard antiflea meds to your baby. My adopted dog nearly died from this medication. He is now recovering after our month long agony together. Days after giving him nexgard as per vet's order he had these ff symptoms. Vomiting, loose bowel that is black tarry, severe loss of appetite, became inactive, severe thirst & anemia. Also his blood works for kidneys liver pancreas function tests were all way... way over the normal levels. My dog suffered similar adverse reactions like those other dogs who have been given this medication - nexgard. Never again will i use this product for my babies.

Leslie

Leslieasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

My Pixie is a Bichon / Laso Ahpso mix. I have given her a Nexgard correctly prescribed by my vet. For the last two nights, I have woken up in the middle of the night because Pixie became aggressive and biting (nasty way to be woken up with a dog snarling in your face). I have read that Nexgard has a side effect of aggression and biting. How long before this stuff leaves her system and does anyone else have this problem??
Leslie

Babs
Babs

My dog, a Maltese/ Shihtzu mix did not get aggressive but had violent seizures after Nexguard. Stays in the system 30 days but usually the bad side effects occur in the first 24 hours after administration , according to my vet. Sorry to hear about your little pups issues. I would definitely tell your vet.

Cher
Cher

Babs, is your dog okay now? My is having seizures, took a week to take effect, week later cluster of them, last night, after the being treated with Keppra night before, slight seizure, my vet said it could take a month, I'm starting him on CBD oil today as well

Joann T

Joann Tasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

My dog weight's 14 pound's He ate a NexGard for 120 Pound dog .What do i need to do? No vet's open at 3:30 in the morning.

Donna

Donnaasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

Why are the pictures of dogs on packages different from the ones at vetshopmax? I use Nexgard Chewables for Dogs 10.1 - 24 lbs (Blue) from vetshopmax which has what looks like some sort of bull dog. Please help before I order because the ones I`ve been getting work so well but I found them at other companies cheaper but different pictures so it has kind of thrown me off.

Gordo

Gordoasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

I accidentally gave my Yorkey 2 nexgard. He weighs 5.5 pounds. Will it hurt him?

Pam

Pamasked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

My dog is exactly 10 pounds. Which size nexguard should I buy?

Kate P
Kate P

None, unless you want to kill him.

Dana
Dana

Ask your vet to be sure. If you are still not sure start with the lower dose and if that is not effective give the higher dose or give 1.25 tablets of the lower dose. As for the other comments about it killing dogs. Many of the dogs that died were not healthy dogs. Dogs with preexisting health problems should not take nexgard as it is a toxin to kill pests. I have been giving it to my healthy 10lb Yorkie and she has been fine. No side effects. When I started she was 8lb and I gave her the smallest dose. Now that she is 10lb, the effectiveness is not as good. So I am giving her 1.25 tablets and that helps. I hike a lot so i do wash her in flea shampoo to kill all the fleas that she picks up in the woods...

Deborah B

Deborah Basked

Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)

Hi, I gave my jack Russell a tablet yesterday and she's done nothing but itch, is there anything I can give her to stop the itching ?

Les
Les

The same happened to our boy.nothing that i know you can do.. it took around 30 days before he stopped doing this ..mean while he got a really bad rash on his under belly so we put him in a bath and used rolled oats in a stocking to sooth the rash also paw paw cream...may be try the vet ??? Otherwise you have to wait for the chemicals to get out of there system around 35 days we were told...

Sanjoy
Sanjoy

Hi
Sorry to hear this, it seems to be a common complaint, go to Facebook “ does Nexgard kill dogs” lots of info there that may help, I believe some people use Benadryl for the itch and milk thistle to detox your dog from this horrible drug , all the best ..

Juan
Juan

Try Benadryl. Give one tablet per 40lbs of her bodyweight. Ex, if she weighs 80lbs give her two.