NexGard Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

NexGard Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg) Questions & Answers

14 questions from our users

Pat Donaldson

Pat Donaldsonasked

Can the 60 lbs tablet harm a 48 lb dog

Tim E.
Tim E.

Stick to the correct dosage, it can make your dog sick if you give it a higher dose than it is supposed to have

Bill

Billasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

Our Standard Poodle doesn't like the NexGard chewable. He loves his HeartGard chewable. He will even sort it out of soft food after I break it into smaller pieces. Is there another flavor available? Any other ideas?

Jkl

Jklasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

Can a overdose of nex gard cause paralysis of back legs and constipation.? It's been 10 days and he is barely walking and not going to the bathroom. Please help me. I only blame myself for giving him too much. Heartbreaking and hate myself.

C. B.
C. B.

I am no veterinarian or expert, but I have read dogs having similar symptoms from Nexgard. All flea treatments have chemicals in them that are potentially harmful to your animal. I opt for natural solutions, although not as effective and more work to maintain a flea free environment my dogs are not eating what I refer to as poison. I'm sorry to hear this has happened to your dog. Please see your veterinarian.

Eric.
Eric.

Irrespective of your statement about having given your dog "too much"??? These symptoms can also occur if your dog's been bitten by a mildly venomous snake such as a brown grass/tree snake or some of the whip snakes. It's quite common for such an attack not to show up in scans or x rays. One sign you will notice is if your dog frowns a lot as they get bad headaches from snake bite.

Steve

Steveasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

Are there any cases of human itching after dog started taking?

DVM-USA
DVM-USA

You got to be kidding?!?!

Diane

Dianeasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

What to do if my 50 Pound dog accidentally got 2 doses of nexguard?

elaine

elaineasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

My dog weighs approximately 30 lbs and she ate a nexgard chewable for 60 to 121 lbs. Will it hurt her?

jay L

Please take your dog to vet asap. Nexguard almost killed my dog and i gave approriate amount. She was in intensive care for 3 days. You may have problems down the road from what I have been researching. My dog had to be on fluids to flush that crap out for 3 days.

tribalfrog

tribalfrogasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

Why is my dog still scratchin 2 wks after giving him a nexguard chewable tablet?

jay L

It almost killed my dog. She started off by scratching uncontrollably. Ended up in icu for 3 days. it is a allergic reaction and can kill dogs.

christy

christyasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

I gave my dog a nexgard 6 days ago and I accidentally gave him another one last night intended for my other dog. He is in the 61-100 pound range. Will he be okay?

Emma

Emmaasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

My dog does not like Nexgard and will not chew it. Can it be broken up into food, or given as pill?

JanefromSpain
JanefromSpain

Hi Emma - I would add it to food.

jay L

Your dog is smart and knows its poison. it almost killed my dog. Has been in ICU for 3 days after a dose.

Tiffannie S

Tiffannie Sasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

My male gean shepherd has been on it for six months and I be noticed he has become more and more aggressive he has bitten four people in the past three months two of which are our teenage children the vet says no but he's never been aggressive to the kids he grew up with them he's 7yrs old. Any ideas? He wasn't this way before the nexguard and I feel we may habe to put him down I cannot have an aggressive dog he's my baby and I love him but my children are more important

Linda A
Linda A

Please seek a professional dog trainer, or behaviourist if you love your dog as you say you do. Have your children been treating the dog any differently? Is he desexed? Are you always with your children when they are with your dog? Is your dog crate (cage) trained, if so, perhaps a good idea to start using it when you aren't always with your children to observe them. Is your dog showing any signs before biting? ie. body language such as a hard fixed stare, growling, stiff body, and maybe raised hackles? Or scared, like tail between its legs.

Tora J
Tora J

I've been wondering if it causes aggression too, we had a docile dog, after having one of these tablets, she is randomly attacking us, completely unprovoked!

Hanna
Hanna

Well all I can tell you is that the scientist studying this product tells me the makers of Nexgard and Bravecto managed to find a way of penetrating a dogs brain with this product I will try and add some information here if there is enough room. The information is from a scientist

From Kimberly a bit easy for you to understand

I made cntact with some people I've been researching and studying this non-stop crazy and what I've discovered is the only antidote currently for this is charcoal charcoal is very filtering and very absorbent I believe it may work faster than the milk thistle so you might want to mention that to your vet I don't know how they administer charcoal to dogs what forms it comes in and so on but currently that is the only recommended antidote for NexGard also in saying that I also recommended an anti flammatory in case there's any inflammation in the brain again I do believe because this dissolves in the lipids and fat and those small molecules are allowed to penetrate the brain barrier this medication is making its way into some dogs brain barriers and this is why you're seeing neurological dysfunction such as seizures

Lynnasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

Did anyone find small lumps on dog after starting Nexgard?

kathrine
kathrine

This is the question I've been trying to find. I have several dogs but my 2 Boerboels (1 impeticular) has been getting pustules then they scab over. Her sister only gets 2 or 3 of these but Mildred gets several. I peel the scabs off and spray medication on the sore but she has scars from these on her belly and spots of baldness on her back and her ribcage area, neck, head. She doesn't vomit or get tired from it, just these sores...I have been trying to narrow down the possibilities and found an ant pile outside & thought maybe it was that. Well, I didn't give the NexGard for 2 months & the sires went away. Then I realized the 2 Boerboels are the only dogs that do not lay out in the grass.....The sores mimic ringworm but it's not. I have 12 dogs and they do not get the sores.

Lynn

I know the Vet says, no way Nexgard causes this but my boy didn't have them before we started it. I think it caused them but since I lost my boy this week, I will never know.

Lyndell
Lyndell

I can honestly say that Nexgard is the best flea and tick remedy for our fur babies. There was no vomiting or changes in their behaviour after medication. Ironically, I got a tick in my eye 3 days ago which caused me a lot of pain and I didn't know what the problem was until I visited my Doctor. Living on 102 acres of bushland In Rural Tasmania I had to ensure that the preventative medication for my little Shitzus was the best for them. I feel confident that Nexgard flea and tick treatment together with the 'All Wormer' medications will allow me to feel confident that my fur babies will be protected.

TERESA

TERESAasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

My dogs have fleas already will nexgard help if so how?

Sad flower
Sad flower

Try natural products, do your research if you want to keep your dog alive for long. There is a spray :Wondercide, on amazon, natural oils, you also have to treat the inside and outside of your. House with non-toxic powder to kill the fleas, fleabusters is what I used, it dehydrates the fleas and stops their reproduction.

Debbie W
Debbie W

I used Nexguard on my shih tzu for the second time yesterday, She was up all night scratching but today she is eating and sleeping. Best of all she is not scratching. I have dead fleas all over the bed. Nexguard is great!

Diji
Diji

Hi Debbie, how long it took for nexguard to be effective? I gave my Labradoodle puppy one last night, but he is still scratching this morning? Thanks.

Bridgett

Bridgettasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

48 hours later after Nexgard and my dogs still have fleas crawling on them. I'd like to know why? I even got the one that was y0 lb and up and my girls are 52 54 and 58.6 My house has been treated a hundred times just in the past week. With raid vinegar salt borax Bengal nothing is working. I thought once the took the nexgard even if fleas got on them they would bite and die. There are hundreds on my dogs. They are digging scratching and wining.

Melonnie H
Melonnie H

I really like Nexgard, and it's worked for all of my pets, but I know when there is a really tough flea problem, Bravecto has worked when Nexgard hasn't. I'm in Texas so I'm not sure if y'all can get Bravecto where you're at. One thing I will say is that even after treating with Nexgard or Bravecto, new fleas will appear on your pet if your yard or house are already infested. The good thing is the fleas that get on your pet will die. As for treating your infestation, you might need to use an actual pesticide instead of more natural treatments. If you're still set on using natural treatments, look into nematodes.

relicat

relicatasked

Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

I've been giving my dog Nexgard for the past three years. She is a 60lb border collie/lab mix, 8 years old. Last summer she developed a skin sensitivity. She didn't really scratch or chew, but when you touched her in certain areas especially on one side, she would quiver and start scratching (the back leg would start going). It got worse in the fall. We bathed her several times and that helped a little. She seemed to get over it by November. This year in April she started her Nexgard again and the sensitivity has returned although not too bad so far. This is also the time of year when she starts laying in the grass. I'm wonder if this is a grass allergy or a reaction to Nexgard. I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas??

Spinne
Spinne

Sorry but I'm not qualified to answer this. Suggest you go with your own intuitions and yourdogs behaviour should give you an idea of whether it's worth the risk.

Alsmam
Alsmam

My dog bites and chews her feet and legs and throws herself at the walls and furniture about 5-7 hours after taking Nexgard. This went on for months before I realised what it was that was causing her discomfort. I contacted the makers of Nexgard and they asked to to take my dog to the vet for a check up and some feedback from the vet. I did this and will not give my dog any more Nexgard. As this is a fairly new drug Nexgard paid for the vet examination and would have paid for any treatment too. They need as much feedback on it as they can get.

Get an answer from our members and Nexgard representatives