NexGard Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)

NexGard Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg) (page 3 of 5)

• Side Effects Long-term illness (4) · Death (3) · None (2) · Short-term illness (1)
Amanda C.

Amanda C.Weyauwega

Terrible reactions in all 3 dogs major hairloss

ElIne

ElIneNorth port

Do not recommend this medication

Do not use this product! Gave nexgard to my cocker yesterday and this morning he lost control of his hind legs. He could not walk and was shaking unable to move for almost an hour. He acted like he was poisoned. I prayed he would be ok and he is now able to walk. It was very scary and I wondered want had caused this to happen to a healthy dog. Then I recalled giving him a dose about 6 months ago and he stated shaking for a few weeks. NO MORE of the medication. I am blessed he is still alive.

POISON!! DO NOT USE!!

Within 24 hours of giving our Pit Nexgard chewable, he became extremely lethargic, has extreme diarrhea, and just this morning, lost control of his back legs. We are rushing him to the vet right now, I feel like the Vet suggested this product when we didn't even ask for it. Kickbacks much?! DO NOT GIVE THIS PRODUCT TO YOUR DOGS, it is legit poison.

Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Find out how NexGard Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg) compares to other Heart & Intestinal Wormers

This could kill your dog

Lost one of my dogs 2 weeks ago and now losing my shepherd from this toxic drug. It affects the nervous system last stage is lost of hind legs and you get to watch your dog flop on the floor like a fish out of water!

Does not work.

I bought 2 boxes of this medicine for my miniature chihuahua who is about 5lbs and then another box for my terrier mix who is 45lbs. It did not work for either of them. I gave it to them again the second month (I had a 4 months supply) and it STILL did not work. They still had fleas. I should have looked up reviews on this product before I bought it because most are terrible. Do not waste your money. I have some of the Nexgard chewable pills left over and will be tossing them in the trash. When I buy products like this from the vet, I expect them to work.

Only looked at reviews because I was looking for information on the product

Horrible poison

We gave to our 2 Kuvasz 30 days ago and the watery diarrhea continues. No remedy has helped in the least. Multiple vets visits with no “ diagnosis”. Our third dog didn’t get this and she is fine.
Update... pure water diarrhea continued for 45 days, (despite continued attempts to treat) then finally went away. Both dogs reacted identical. What get me is how vet won’t concur that it’s Nexgard related.

Diane

DianeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would be great if I could get the dog to eat it.

Dog won't eat it. Have tried giving it on its own, sticking it inside chicken loaf, covering it in gravy. , breaking it up and mixing it in his food . And its in pieces in the bottom of his bowl. And considering this is a dog that will eat Lego then it must taste awful. Waste of money if you cant get him to take it !!!. Very disappointing. Have never had a problem with other brands.

Suzanne

SuzanneKent, Ohio

This product does nothing to kill ticks! I spent $400 for months worth and just pulled 10 live ticks

This product is horrible! Nothing about being “effective” is true when it come to ticks! I have been applying it on my dog for 3 months, applying same day each month, and just pulled 10 live ticks off my dog! I am extremely angry and upset because I spent $300 on months worth because of the hype of this product being “effective” and it is horrible! I feel like both my dog and I have been ripped off! Never will I buy a product from this company ever again!

Gave my dog seizures

No fleas, no ticks, not easy, dog did not want it, ultimately chewed it. Four days later he was having seizures every 3 days for 5 weeks. Not a happy moment for either one of us. Afraid I would loose my dog. Side effect started on the first month. Six weeks later, as the med effect wore off, the seizures have stopped... at least for now. Never giving this to my dog ever again!!

Educate Yourselves

I took my dog to the vet because he had swollen and inflamed ears. The vet found 6 ticks on him, said the ears were an allergic reaction to the ticks. Gave him an antibiotic and Nexgard. I haven’t had a tick problem since. For everyone saying their dog had a bad reaction well that’s the chance you take when you feed your animal poison. Unless it’s homeopathic all flea, tick, and heartworm meds are poison given in a controlled dose to kill parasites and do the least harm possible to the host animal.

Poison!

I gave both my dogs Nexgard this morning. By noon they were both sick. Both threw up and had diarrhea. I gave them both activated charcoal. I tell your friends. find the maker and whatever else they have and boycott.

My dog's face is swollen & he is drooling everywhere! I wish I would have researched this product

Swollen face & drooling! My dog wants to lay in water like he is on fire!! All started after I gave him nexgard!

Horrible. Wouldn't trust!!

Switched from a liquid product to nexgard because vet said to give it a try she since takes pills easily. Within a hour of giving it to my 88 pound German Shepherd. She started to act strange. Consistent scratching, crying, panting and walking around in a confused state. She couldn't seem to settle down. Ears and skin got red and inflammated. She almost sratched her ears raw. Vet was notified. I will Not be using this next month. I've even told my friends who have dogs not to use this product. I was afraid my dog was going to die.

IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL !!!

Red , inflamed skin , and excessive scratching . Both dogs , STILL HAVE FLEAS. Waste of my hard earned money !

Poison

She has vomiting, loss of appetite and tired. This is not my dog after given Next Gaurd pill six days ago.

Horrible poison

Will cause your dog to have seizures. Please don’t use this medicine. Cost thousands in vet bills. Products like this should be illegal and company should be put out of business. Contact attorney if your dogs go through the same.

Easy to use but our dog had seizures after using

Shane

Shane

Poison

This supposedly safe flea treatment made my healthy dog very sick requiring further vet treatment. It's unbelievable this product is even allowed to be sold. Avoid it like the plague.

Angel