See the Best Heart & Intestinal Wormers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

No problems here!

Great product my dog who can and avoids all medicine/ flea treatments are this and wanted more.
Made our life so much easier and no issues with our dog, it was the first time on this product and was great for us.

Purchased in January 2019 for $65.00.

Pet TypeDog

Affecting my dogs balance & hind legs

Since using Nexgard my border collie is having difficulties with her hind legs & has starting falling over.
I wish I had read these comments prior to use.
Please do not give this to your precious babies

Purchased in March 2019 for $65.00.

Pet TypeDog

NexGard almost killed my puppy.

Reaction! Severe diarrhea. Severe dehydration. Severe vomiting. Blood in stool. Lethargic. Not healthy for puppies. Pet insurance helped with bills. NexGard never responded to my Veterinarian calls emails. Nor mine.

Purchased in April 2016 for $5,400.00.

Pet TypeDog

Dangerous product, do not use

Used Nexgard on my whippet. She had a terrible reaction. Became lethargic, wouldnt eat or drink. Took her to vet.. she had autoimmune. We have had to have her on medication, monitored carefully by the vet and it is SCARY!! Do not use this product.
Research on line,, you will find many people who have similar stories about horrible reactions in their dogs.

Purchased in September 2018 for $25.00.

Nexgard caused seizured

Horrible drug. Gave it to my 7 year healthy pappion off and on for a year. In August of last year he had 2 seizures and I had to start him on phenobarbital twice a day. Horrendous watching my dog seizing. Will never forget it. Have just weaned him off phenobarbital and still no seizures. I am one of the lucky ones in the fact that my dog seems. If you love your dog don't take a chance. This drug can affect any dog at any time. One dose or many it doesn't matter.

Purchased in June 2018 at Vet.

Poison NO DO NOT GIVE TO YOUR DOG

Gave my 3 year old Bichon X 1/2 a 10-25kg chewable tablet (my dog weighs 10.1kgs approx) and the other 1/2 to my other dog Maltese X (also weights just over 10kgs)..within 24 hours my Bichon had a seizure, then another one 24 hours later and has since had 4 more seizures roughly 1 week apart...lasting approx 1-2 mins...extremely distressing to watch..looses control of bowel and bladder and foams at mouth, who was otherwise a very healthy fit dog. My Maltese 3years old) experienced blood in his stool approx 1 week after the dose and was lethargic and not well off his food for a few days. This product is extremely toxic and should be banned and the pharmaceutical company held accountable for negligence. I am going to have to take my dog to Specialist to get a CT Scan to find out the damage? l feel this product should be immediately banned! My poor Charlie.. l am hoping this poison will eventually run its course and not cause life long seizures but am told but my Vet that it may have triggered something that will continue? PLEASE DONT USE THIS PRODUCT ON YOUR BELOVED PET!

Purchased in January 2019 at Budget Pet Products for $60.00.

NexGard is POISON

My stupid vet gave my Aussie who’s 8 months one chewy tablet last Thursday and in less than 24 she started vomiting and lathargic. This is pure poison please do not allow your vet to give to your pets.

Purchased in February 2019 for $55.00.

This "medicine" is POISON

My dog was given NexGard by his vet yesterday (February 9th, 2019) to help with fleas, and not even 24 hours later, he is incredibly lethargic and cannot use his hind legs. His appetite has diminished, and he doesn't wan't to drink water. My dog went into the vet completely fine (all he needed was his nails clipped and a flea treatment) and he came out SICK and UNABLE TO WALK. I highly advise you NOT to give this poison to your dog unless you are wanting them to get sick and become immobile. If he does not pull through, I will becoming back here and writing another review to advise people once again NOT to give this to your dog.

Purchased in February 2019.

Pet TypeDog

Side effects on my cockapoo

The dog is 3 yrs old, always,given nexguard by the vet.
The last 2 months, she would shake, refuse food and water, hide and very lethargic 24 hrs after given the pill.
She is biting her paws and scratching her ears.
The vet has now decided to stop giving it to her.
Hopefully she wont have any long term side effects.
Do not use this product

Purchased in December 2018 at Vet office.

Total Poison

Used this product for about 7 months. It was great at killing fleas and ticks. Unfortunately it also killed my dog. What they don’t tell you is that the neurological chemicals that kill the fleas and ticks builds up in the dogs body resulting in a terrible neurological death for your pet. I gave it 1 star because 0 was not an option.

Purchased in September 2018 for $134.00.

Side Effects Death

Product doesn’t work.

I have had pets for over 50 years and never had a flea problem. But Vet changed her to Nexgard and now my home is infested with fleas.

All in one!

I give this to my two pugs. Great as an all round prevention. They don't have any trouble swallowing it. I haven't had any trouble thus far.

Unacceptable pet health. .

BEWARE, this poison Nexgard, appears to build up in some dogs bodies.
Proper, independent testing has NOT been done on nexgard, only tests done were by the corporation's scientists!
After the latest dose of nexgard on Jan 8, a new bout of compulsive scratching and itching started again, as with previous doses, leading to more inflamed red hot spots and red inflamed feet. After 2 or3 days I noticed one dog shaking for no apparent reason, then having difficulty walking with a noticably different and awkward gait. A few days later) complete disorientation, eyes madly moving side to side, with an apparent inability to focus, loss of coordination, loss of strength of hind legs, stumbling and then inability to walk and lethargy,
History:
Two maltese shitzu sisters have been on nexgard for 5 or 6 months (doses). Each dose has caused outbreaks of red hot spots on their bodies and limbs, which they constantly chew at, and red inflamed paws, which they constantly lick and chew, and dry flakey skin, which they are also forever always licking.
The point being, that considering this chemical kills ticks and fleas which bite them once, what effect can be expected on dogs from the dog ingesting the chemical repeatedly? Unknown, and Untested!
This could explain reports of dead ticks on dogs 10 months after ceasing using this nerve poison.
Untested! ? What effect then on us dog lovers, people who pat, groom and even sleep with our dogs?

Why would a Vet refuse to consider that the product he sells has caused these problems, and instead diagnose a possible brain infection and prescribe anti biotics and charge $300.?
Is it because if nex gard is the cause there is no remedy?
Idiopathic is a word Doctors and Vets are taught at Uni; it means unknown cause.
Are Drs. and Vets idiopathic?

DON'T USE Nexgard chewables

My dog suffered notable hives, and vomiting, 5 months after her first chew, so after 5 chews. I changed her diet. My vet said Nexgard chewables were safer, less toxic than the topical. Therefore, I didn't consider them the problem. I reduced her dose to every other month to be cautious. When hives and vomiting returned, w/a strange cough, I ceased using Nexgard. It was too late. She had developed an inoperable heart tumor, after 7 chews, or 9 months. She died 2 months after diagnosis from heart failure, caused by the rapidly growing tumor. Flea and tick medication is for topical use only.

No problems

I have 5 huskies I order out of the UK I have not had any problems with Nexgard since they been on it

I guess it works but i am worried

After reading these reviews I am worried about the cumulative effects this poison may have on my very healthy dog. We live in the #1 tick hotspot of Australia (Sydney's Northern Beaches), and we've already had a cat die due to paralysis tick, and nurtured another through (he's currently down again with 2nd tick of the season). My dog hasn't yet had a tick on him, although he did transfer one to me one day. He wanders through the garden and has remained tick free all year. Is this due to the product? Or due to his breed - Rhodesian Ridgebacks are supposed to be more robust when it comes to ticks. Either way I am concerned about using this product non-stop so will halt using it at the end of summer. I also use homeopathic remedy in the water bowl of my pets (ixodes and ledum) which may or may not be helpful, but at least aren't poisons.

I have stopped giving this to my dog!

I haven't had a dog for a while and was told by the local pet shop that Nexgard was a good product. I noticed every time after I gave it to my dog she would vomit and scratch her skin and ears for days. I decided to do some research as I had a gut feeling that it was the Nexgard. After researching Nexgard on the internet I found hundreds of people in the same boat with their dogs having reactions to the product. I have stopped using the product.

Doesn't Work - My Dog Still Got a Tick Born Disease

My dog has been on this flea and tick treatment since a puppy (October 2018) and was recommended by my vet at his first puppy visit. I assumed it was doing the trick as I did not see fleas or ticks on him so I continued to use it for the last year and have NEVER MISSED A DOSE (NOT EVEN BY A DAY). My dog just had is one-year exam at the vets and after getting his bloodwork back they determined that he has Anaplasmosis (a tickborne disease). I spent hundreds of dollars buying this preventative only for it to not work. Not worth the money in my opinion as I still spent hundreds of dollars treating the Anaplasmosis.

Nexgard is pure poison!

My dog experienced itching, diarrhoea, lethargy and loss of appetite. Don’t give this to your dogs. Pure poison!! She was so healthy before. Nexgard destroyed her and made her sick.

I give these to my two doggies on the first of each month.

I have two maltese x jack russell dogs 12 months old. They were taking the >4kg tablets when younger as we have a concerning paralysis tick issue. Now big kids, they have been taking the >10kg tablets on the first of each month so I never forget.
I have not seen one tick on my dogs this spring/summer- praise the Lord!
I refuse to give synthetic tick control products, including this one, 5 stars as I believe any chemical(s) that can keep something as aggressively debilitating as paralysis ticks at bay CANNOT be totally benign to our canine friends. Also, the active ingredient apparently is part of the isoxazoline family of chemicals. If you do an online search of the news using the keyword 'isoxazoline' there are quite a few researched pieces that issue warnings on using products that contain these chemicals.
Unfortunately, for me, it is the lesser of two evils as I have had a dog die a cruel death from paralysis tick when I first moved here. I was not as educated on the IMPORTANCE of checking your pet daily. This MUST be done even if your dogs do take NexGard as nothing is 100% perfect.
One of my dogs has had no visible adverse reactions to NexGard tablets but one did vomit over 24 hours after ingesting a chew last month. Was it related? I honestly don't know. But they are generally very happy and healthy to my knowledge.
One last thing, my vet tried to get me to switch to Bravecto, now that the dogs are over 12 months of age, but this apparently is one tablet, to be administered, every 3 months. A chemical that lasts in the dog's body, liver etc. for 3 months must be quite strong I believe. I said no thanks to that. In addition, I thought I would forget a tablet once every few months then just having to remember to give one to each pet on the 1st of each month.

I hope this review is helpful for you.

My 4 month old puppy is having balance problems and head tremors after receiving Nexgard. Will he recover? Is there anything I can do as a treatment?
The best treatment is to stop Nexgard immediately. Take him to your vet for the best treatment options. Your puppy should be fine against worms and so forth where his interaction with other animals, that is dogs, cats, birds, etc, that are not a part of your family, is limited. The worm and flea treatments are a preventative against other animals who can pass them onto your puppy. Depending on where you live also has a bearing on how likely he may pick up worms or fleas. Do take him to your vet for the best treatment options.

My chihuahua is on the Nexgard dose for up to 10 lbs. I recently weighed her and she is 12 lbs. Will the Nexgard dose she is on still prevent fleas?
It would be best to check with your vet.

Does nexgaurd kill love ticks?
Does nexgaurd kill Lyme ticks?I cannot say for certain, there may be a variety that does, you would need to ask your vet.

NexGard Chewables Orange (For Dogs 2 - 4kg)NexGard Chewables Blue (For Dogs 4.1 - 10kg)NexGard Chewables Green (For Dogs 10.1 - 24kg)NexGard Chewables Red (For Dogs 25 - 50kg)
CategoryHeart & Intestinal Wormers, Pet Medications and Tick & Flea ControlHeart & Intestinal Wormers, Pet Medications and Tick & Flea ControlHeart & Intestinal Wormers, Pet Medications and Tick & Flea ControlHeart & Intestinal Wormers, Pet Medications and Tick & Flea Control
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable