Nexgard Spectra Medium (7.6-15kg)

See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.5
bosstag
bosstagSouth East Queensland, QLD

Review it first

Our dog had the product and the next day was bleeding from his rectum. He is still very ill and it has been so hard on all concerned especially him. If you love your dog then review the product in the USA where it is off market.

Purchased for $100.00.

Christine Y
Christine Y

My dog had an allergic reaction

My dog had an allergic reaction to a sample of Nexguard spectra. She had no issues eating it, but later that day developed a strong itchy spot (no history of hot spots or fleas) on her back where she scratched until it was raw. Took a few days to settle down. My other dog had no issues.

Glamour Queen
Glamour QueenGold Coast, QLD

Works Perfectly!

My three-year-old dog has been taking Nexgard Spectra every month since he was a puppy. He has never had fleas, ticks, mites, or worms and we go to dog parks and dog friendly beaches every single week.

Maddie
MaddieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not take the risk. Do not use this product.

One of my dogs had severe seizures from this product and the other passed away. If you have given this to your pets in the past and they were fine, that does not indicate that this is a good product, you were just lucky. This is not a good product and the majority of reviews show this, even my vet agrees and does not know how this product is still for sale.

Purchased in June 2019.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Nexgard Spectra Medium (7.6-15kg) compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Made my dog really sick

Purchased in December 2020 for $30.00.

Awful product, my dog has been sick for 4 days

Severe vomiting and Diarrhea for 4 days at least after giving our puppy this medication. This is an awful product.

Do not use, do not recommend. This will make your dog very sick.

Purchased in October 2020.

Thought my dog was dying

I gave my dachshund a Nexgard Spectra chew for his weight range. Not long after he wouldn’t move from his bed. My poor boy wouldn’t even lift his head and he usually follows me everywhere. When he did get up to wee he only just got out of his bed then went straight back to it. His urine was almost brown and crystallised when it dried. Never again.

Pet Type Dog

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Sam Jhon
Sam JhonMid North Coast, NSW

One Tablet And Done!

Nexgard Spectra chewables act rapidly Kills fleas and ticks, but also provides protection for a month. It is also useful in preventing other issues such as tapeworm infestations, sarcoptic mange, mite infestation, and also aids in eliminating worms in the gut. One Tablet performs many task.

Purchased in July 2020 at Pet Care Club for $50.00.

Dogs haven’t been good since taking this

Always worm my dogs twice a year, unfortunately the vets recommended that we use this product this time round. Both dogs have now been battling sickness off and on for 2 months (stomach and intestinal issues), I am absolutely furious about it. Both now at a new vet who wouldn’t be drawn on the product but just said they don’t stock it, or use it commercially or privately, enough for me.

Purchased for $20.00.

gotamangina
gotamanginaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Made him sick, still unwell 4 days later.

We gave this to our dog on Saturday and he was vomiting and had diarrhea the next day. 4 days later and he still has diarrhea and is not himself.

This progressed to passing blood and mucus and losing weight. We stopped giving it to him, got a refund from the pet shop and two months later he is healthy and putting weight back on.

We had a few trips to the vet for stomach issues and blood in his stool over the months preceding this, but hadn't made the connection until the last time, when the problem escalated.

Purchased in November 2019.

oldchinaservice
oldchinaserviceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shonky advertising

My vet told me that Nexgard's inference it kills tapeworms is false. It does not kill tapeworms. On reading the small print on the pack, it says it controls tapeworms by killing the fleas that carry tapeworms.
So when, like me, you buy the stuff to kill existing tapeworms, it's useless, resulting in my trip to the vet.

Also, the advert says, "NEXGARD SPECTRA is a tasty beef-flavoured chew that dogs love. 100% of owners surveyed said it was well received by their dog!"
So, as my dog will not chew it unless I cover it with something tasty like peanut butter, I allege the opposite of their advert: In my experience, 100% of dogs in my personal survey did NOT receive it well.

I find this product's claims to be shonky from start to finish.

Purchased in October 2019 at Online for $49.99.

RSaxton
RSaxtonBlackheath

Did NexGard Spectra kill my dog?

Purchased in October 2019.

Side Effects Death

Nona   I go now
Nona I go nowAU

Unsure about side effects

I'm sure Nexgard does what it says at the "5 star" standard, it certainly fixed a puppy worm problem. But will be trying alternatives to Afoxolaner, with vets guidance, due to our dog having a side effect (blood in diarrhea for several days after each dosing - bull terrier 15kg).

Megan C.
Megan C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Everything in one

This is perfect for my boy. It's everything in one. We go away a lot so it covers things that are generally not found in the suburbs. Like ticks, etc... So when we go away I know my boys covered. Great peace of mind

Purchased in January 2017 at Pet Circle for $100.00.

Concerned it caused pancreatitis

Less than a week after giving my dog her first ever dose of Nexgard Spectra (the vet receptionist sold me on it) my healthy 11 year old spaniel came down with severe diarrhoea and vomiting and after 24 hours was rushed to emergency vet hospital and put on IV fluids for 24 hours at great cost to us. Very distressing.
I am convinced that there is something about the combination of the two drugs that stresses the gastrointestinal and nervous system out as it’s being processed through the body.
I’m raising it with our vet as a potential toxin that kicked off my dog’s hospitalization.
Be very very careful when administering this drug!

Purchased in July 2019.